Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Does anyone know how much Dealer Mark-Up is "ok"?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone know how much Dealer Mark-Up is "ok"?

IF you bought the EVO MR already, how much Mark-Up did you pay? I am going to buy one soon, but the Mark-Up is KILLING me!!!
Attached Images  
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:04 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOVIIIMRboy
IF you bought the EVO MR already, how much Mark-Up did you pay? I am going to buy one soon, but the Mark-Up is KILLING me!!!
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...490post1313490
Old Oct 19, 2004, 10:26 PM
Evolved Member

not to flame but do some research on this forum and you'll get a good idea. some people are paying MSRP others are paying as much as 8000 markup. I guess it just depends on the supply and demand in your area and your negotiation skills.
Old Oct 19, 2004, 11:07 PM

Wink

Originally Posted by twinevo
not to flame but do some research on this forum and you'll get a good idea. some people are paying MSRP others are paying as much as 8000 markup. I guess it just depends on the supply and demand in your area and your negotiation skills.
Thanks^^
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:05 AM
Evolving Member

The only person that the markup has to be ok to is you, f everybody else. You have to be comfortable because you are buying it. Unless you want to buy one for me, if that is the case, I am comfotable with any markup
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Zero

I know you are all excited about being the first one on your block with an '05 EVO MR. Don't pay dealer mark-up, period. It's BS. I love the latest sports car, and have, over the years, tried to be one of the early ones to get the latest hot car. But I REFUSE to pay dealer mark-up. That is for suckers. If you are ready to buy an MR and have your cash/financing lined up, just tell the sales manager -- I don't pay that shid. I'll buy it for MSRP (or $500 under MSRP, or whatever). If they say no, don't be afraid to walk out. Six months from now, MRs will be going begging for buyers at $500 over invoice. Bide your time and take advantage of the fact that Mitsu USA dealers are in serious trouble and need to sell cars, no matter what.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:14 AM
Evolved Member

none, dont ever pay that shiz. if everyone put the foot down, and did some research, they couldnt get away with that. it seems especially bad in the portland or. area. everything is marked up. at market value, how do you figure, i'm the market cause i want the car, and you my friend want to sell it to me. dont be afraid to walk, they will always call you back. once you get the dealer quote, then call the guy that says he will beat any deal and make them deal with eachother. that gets amusing. salesmen cursing as you sign paperwork.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 12:44 AM
Evolving Member

I agree, paying markup sucks. I don't know where you live, but where I live, there are way too many people who are willing to pay the money for them not to mark stuff up. i was looking for another car last year, and the mark up was offensive. I walked and someone else bought the car for more than they tried to sell it to me for.

If you think you can get one later cool. But, if you want something, sometimes you have to pay to play. The only person that has to be comfortable with the price is the person paying for it.

I know people on both sides of the fence....I know broke *** people that think they can always get the best deals, or are willing to wait for them. I also know some people who get what they want when they want it, no matter what they have to pay.

I paid $100 above sticker and I don't feel like I got punked. Other people feel differently, but that's their opinion. I am happy with my purchase and that is all that matters.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 01:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
NEGOTIATE! You should never pay more than $500. over sticker. Even if you have to try diff dealers. It's not like it's an enzo ferrari or something. Dealers know that if someone wants something bad enough, they'll buy it for $3000. over sticker. Just remember, if you buy over msrp, then when you insure the car, the'll only insure it for fair market value. So if something happens 2 months after you buy car, you'll get screwed for the diff between $3000. over msrp and "fair market value". And please nobody respond w/ gap insurance which is only another scam for dealers to make money!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 02:30 AM
RA

The MR isnt that exclusive and so you should never need to pay anything above MSRP.

Wait a few months if the dealer doesnt want to negotiate and then he will sell it to you for $500 over invoice.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

ZERO markup. If your local dealer won't sell it for MSRP, then ya gotta start using that new-fangled thing there called the internet. I'm sure you can find a dealer in the US that is willing to sell you an MR for MSRP. If not, then wait. If you don't have the patience to wait and don't feel like doing research, then pay the local hooligans.

l8r)
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:04 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Richard EVO
I know you are all excited about being the first one on your block with an '05 EVO MR. Don't pay dealer mark-up, period. It's BS. I love the latest sports car, and have, over the years, tried to be one of the early ones to get the latest hot car. But I REFUSE to pay dealer mark-up. That is for suckers. If you are ready to buy an MR and have your cash/financing lined up, just tell the sales manager -- I don't pay that shid. I'll buy it for MSRP (or $500 under MSRP, or whatever). If they say no, don't be afraid to walk out. Six months from now, MRs will be going begging for buyers at $500 over invoice. Bide your time and take advantage of the fact that Mitsu USA dealers are in serious trouble and need to sell cars, no matter what.
I second that!
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

got my 04 RS for 500 below INVOICE and suppose to be limited too, right?

you may have to just wait a little, MR still will be around then...
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

The most anyone should ever have to pay for a car is MSRP. Dealer markup is BS.
Old Oct 20, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Check out this site before you buy:

http://www.carbuyingtips.com

Quick Reply: Does anyone know how much Dealer Mark-Up is "ok"?