Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Is This Info Confirmed?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is This Info Confirmed?

Per this article on autoweek online:
http://autoweek.com/cat_content.mv?p..._code=05665363
is it confirmed that Evo will have 265hp? I didn't think so but it doesn't say approx or anything. It also mentions power upgrades for the lower Lancer models as well.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you, that is new information, so it sounds like 265HP is confirmed.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:20 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

I dunno. I don't think anything is confirmed until you see it in a press release the day of the LA Auto Show.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:21 AM
Evolved Member

Speculation by Autoweek. They don't know more than we do.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:25 AM
Evolving Member

HOLY crap we might have concrete data here!!! Although I was hoping for 270+ hp... But it's true Rax we'll have to just wait and see for the debut to be certain. Yet we can't disput this STATEMENT made by Autoweek.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:35 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know but, i'm hearing Feburary all over the place . All rumors. I was told 273 hp and it's going to be over 270hp+. I don't know if "265" is a conservitive estimate or the lastest info.

Personally, I just want a tunable computer with the same turbos and fuel delivering capacity. ACD and AYC are at most concerns at the moment.

Last edited by gtr; Nov 20, 2002 at 10:56 AM.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:38 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by tpm17
Yet we can't disput this STATEMENT made by Autoweek.
Sure we can. If Autoweek could confirm MMC as their source then I'd probably be convinced. 250+ and AWD is all I'll believe until I see a press release or spec sheet from Mitsubishi. (I wish we had a stern smiley with his arms crossed...cuz it'd be right here. In the meantime Mr. T will do.)
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:43 AM
RaX
Evolved Member

One thing in that article definitely worries me:
Gagnon expects to sell 6000 Evolutions next year, although he admits the target may be low due to the emerging popularity of rally in the States.
To me, this means that the car will not be limited to only 6000 units. This is just more proof that the cars will not be built/modified by Ralliart.

Before you know it, the US Evo will be as common as a WRX. Little kiddies will be wrapping them around trees and telephone poles... blah, blah...

I really hope doesn't tarnish the name with this US "Evolution"
Old Nov 20, 2002, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by RaX
One thing in that article definitely worries me:

To me, this means that the car will not be limited to only 6000 units. This is just more proof that the cars will not be built/modified by Ralliart.

Before you know it, the US Evo will be as common as a WRX. Little kiddies will be wrapping them around trees and telephone poles... blah, blah...

I really hope doesn't tarnish the name with this US "Evolution"
no matter how few Mitsu imports, some people will wrap them around trees... The fewer they import, the more they will cost, the fewer will be in the hands of the average entheusists...
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:08 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Oh thanks SoFlaClipse, for the lastest info. Mitsubishi does monitor this site so all i have to say is that we want a evolution not a de-evolution with mechanical diffs and etc...

The subaru guys are saying that whatever mitsubishi plans to put out they will counter. And the new sti has the adjustable center diff and a twin scroll turbo to match. I believe the AYC will still put the mitsubishi ahead. Now I just hope i don't regret getting a evo rather than waiting for a STI. But hey the subaru is not even confirmed as of yet so i'm going since they beat them to the punch. Now i just hope mitsubishi doesn't make a bad decision on the car which would force me to sell.

Hey Mitsubishi, remmeber most buyer are WRC fans and ppl from playstation.
1. We don't want leather b/c that'll take away the whole point on those grippy recarios.
2. Give us optional AYC and ACD standrad. Make it an expensive option if cost is an issue.
3. I don't like sunroof but demand is high.
4. Small spoiler sucks. Most of us want a functional.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:28 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

I'm pretty sure the STi IS confirmed for summer '03. Not certain about that though. I'll double check if/when I have a moment.
Old Nov 20, 2002, 11:28 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Yes, I think we should call it the Mitsubishi Devolution if it comes underpowered. If the Evo comes here as a total sacrifice, I would seriously look at an STI. And I'm someone who said I'd NEVER do that. We still have to see though. What a pr nightmare if everyone starts calling it the Devolution. Heh heh, it will serve them right if they don't give us the real deal. But we still have to see...

e in la
Old Nov 20, 2002, 12:12 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Hey ,

The last thing I want to hear from the subaru guys is Nice devo 8 "refering to U.S. version. Please don't let that happen. What a marketing nightmare!
Old Nov 20, 2002, 12:29 PM

As far as I know from my source at Mitsu, the car will have an
EVO VI drivretrain no active center diff.

The 1st boat with 900 units is due here in February.

-george
tatomotorsports.com
Old Nov 20, 2002, 01:00 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

The last i hear about the AYC is no comments form the rep. He claims that they are still testing for longevity. They are worried about the 3yr warrenty. What a piece of crap if they are uncertain that the ACD could handle 3yr/36kmi. Same goes for the Six speed but i'd rather have the proven 5 speed for now and let the japanese test out if the 6speed to see if it's strong enough.

900 units. Probably at lease 1 per dealership. Oh well, i'm number 1 anyways. If it doesn't have ACD and or AYC and the subaru has electronic diffs, more hp at lower boost, i'd be thinking about driving for a couple of months till the STI comes out. I know thw WRX trans suck and that really give me a distrust in subarus. I hear the 6-speed on the STI is very strong though.