Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cop wrote me a dumbass ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
Maybe I should tell the judge that the cop was blocking the parking spaces as well since he trapped me in and noone could get in or out at that point. Not to mention there were like 7 unattended bikes in the fire lane, that was posted no parking. He didnt say anything to them. There were so many people there that witnessed this cop and they all say its messed up and I should fight it. I am definitely going to take this to court.
do it man - damn p i g s
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i feel your pain man. i got back into town after driving 12 HOURS from vacation. dropping off my girls stuff, the only spot that was open was the handicap. let me clarify. this spot was NEVER, EVER, NOT ONCE used by someone who was handicapped. it was used ALL THE TIME for college kids unloading stuff. and it was AFTER 11 PM! after the last load, i was up for 10 minutes tops... come back down and he's walking away. my girl and i plead our case, and he's a complete ***. smoking a cigarette, lecturing me, not listening to a damn word i said. damn night cop was there every night, and knew well that no one parked there ever, and that people use it for a drop off (park in the stripes).

i wanted to fight it, but truth is, i did break the law. circumstances as they were, a judge might have lessened the fine, but i didn't have the time or desire to fight it. 250 bucks. sucked big time. 250 for 15-20 minutes. sometimes the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

i was there also.. it was pretty sh1tty.. i can pm you my number and the numbers of 3 others that will be witness.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by twinevo
fight it. admit ignorance. tell the judge that you pulled in there without realizing that it was a handicap space, realized your mistake, but in trying to back out and find another space, the cop blocked you. that is your only chance. the other excuse of you only being there a short time and never left your car unattended will absolutely NOT fly in court.
wow. that is some great advice. even if the cop said he saw you getting back in the car, you could say it was to move it when you realized it wasn't a spot. blocking you in... that's total BS. good luck man.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 09:23 PM

you broke the law, you parked in between two cars, pay the ticket and learn the lesson not to park in disable ramp spoot
Old Oct 24, 2004, 09:39 PM
Evolved Member

oh my god, not you again. Ylen13 what is your deal? On every thread you post in, you troll. Do you enjoy having a negative outlook? Why not show empathy or support for your fellow evo owners. I mean that is why your here right? You ARE a car enthusiast or evo owner? Your 17 posts have only been posts telling people they are wrong in being angry at an obviously unfortunate situation. I would ask you to leave but your entitled to your own opinion, and all I can do is say that I'm sorry that your horrible life has to be expressed through the evom threads and taken out on us. I hope you start feeling better.

PS LEARN ENGRISH
Old Oct 24, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Ylen sounds like he drives a Neon.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

Im sorry to hijack this thread tampa turbo but if you refer to the "updated wing ticket" thread you will see my point. Once again back to the original subject, and my apologies to all.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 09:50 PM
Evolving Member

As stupid as the ticket may be...unfortunately trying to fight it won't help much. It is a parking violation not a moving violation so no point (cool) but the fine kinda sucks. However, you may (emphasis on may) be able to lower your fine by attempting to fight and going to court (but not win). Ultimately you will end up paying...sorry but you have a 1% chance of winning. Weigh your options. Will you lose money by taking time off of work, miss assignments in school if you go, may miss an outing etc... by going to court? Or is it in your best interest to pay and just curse when you mail the check?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:05 PM
Evolving Member

tell him, you thought it was a normal spot, you then realized it wasn't and your fuel pump started to **** up and the car died. You got help and replaced it quickly, as you were leaving you got blocked in by an *** fgt ***** cop and you couldnt move. You had only been in that spot because your car ****ed up and was immobile, and the only way to move out was to fix the problem.

Not to mention the OWNER knew the situation and didn't care...get his statement then tell them a story such as mine or something. Not your fault your fuel pump ****ed up at a bad time...
Old Oct 24, 2004, 10:53 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AUSS1E
absolutely.....
Moral of the story...Park in a regular space if you dont have a crip sticker.
If it were me I would just pay the ticket and go on...hopefully learning a lesson.

Now dont get me started on these fat people who get a crip sticker cause they are too lazy to walk the extra 30ft.
I didn't know you could get a handicap sticker for being obese.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
I didn't know you could get a handicap sticker for being obese.
Yeah you know the old "Im short of breath and my heart beats too fast when I have to walk more than 30ft to get to the krispy kreme" Disease.....
If you tell your Dr. that then you will get one... hehe

Have you ever seen some of the people that have those things. Nothing physically wrong with them, climbing up into a big truck or stooping down into a little sports car. Gimme a break.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 03:59 AM

Yeah, go to court, see what happens. Don't go in there with a chip on your shoulder and don't whine to the judge. He'll probably be a ***** and give you the full fine, but you won't know that until you go to find out. The worst that can happen is you have to pay the full fine. To me, your only defense is that you never left your vehicle. Of course, since you were trying to back out when the cop blocked you in, he'll say you saw him coming and was getting out of the space. If the cop had shown up when you were working on your vehicle, you might actually be able to talk your way out of this one.

Stupid Hooters girl should stick to waitressing.

We know that what you did seems harmless and you were probably very quick. We know cops are pigs and 99% of them are on a power trip. But, they're also trying to do their job. Maybe that certain section of handicapped spaces gets parked in by non-cripples all the time and the cops get complaints about it? My point is, you never really know, and technically you were in the wrong, so be prepared to get nailed by the judge. Remember your checkbook.

The moral of this story is: Don't park in handicapped spaces unless you're obese and have a tag or unless you're handicapped and have a tag.

Please keep up updated, good luck!

Last edited by Androoos; Oct 25, 2004 at 04:02 AM.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

thanks. I need the support. I am goingt o call Hooters and see what time they actually close. I wouldnt think any handicapped people would be going to hooters after closing.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am sorry and I feel for you but if I were you I won’t fight it. The judge will ask you a simple question: Are you handicapped?
Your answer will be: no
Judge will say: guilty and never park there again, next case please.

You will loose except if the judge had sex with 18 years old hot chick before coming to court and just won the lottery