Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cop wrote me a dumbass ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The worst feeling bro is that the car was in reverse. I was backing out and he blocked me in.. Thats whats the most frustrating part about it. And again there were like 7 bikes parked in the fire lane that was posted as no parking either and nothing happened to them. Its so frustrating.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

I feel for ya, cops friggin hate me.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
The worst feeling bro is that the car was in reverse. I was backing out and he blocked me in.. That's what's the most frustrating part about it. And again there were like 7 bikes parked in the fire lane that was posted as no parking either and nothing happened to them. Its so frustrating.
You have to forget about the seven illegally parked bikes. You'll come off as some kind of tattletale if you bring that up in court.

Did the cop enter the driveway and then immediately block you in your place? Your best bet is to stress that you were there for only a few seconds before the cop arrived. Tell the judge that you know the importance of handicap accessibility. You also might have it easier if there was an open handicap space. You can admit to blocking two spaces, but mention that there were other available handicap spaces. Tell the judge that you were ready to move if a handicapped person showed up and needed your spot.

Wear a good suit and be humble. Admit responsibility and work on your, "Yes, your honor. No, your honor" b.s. skills.
Old Oct 25, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xphillipjrx
You have to forget about the seven illegally parked bikes. You'll come off as some kind of tattletale if you bring that up in court.

Did the cop enter the driveway and then immediately block you in your place? Your best bet is to stress that you were there for only a few seconds before the cop arrived. Tell the judge that you know the importance of handicap accessibility. You also might have it easier if there was an open handicap space. You can admit to blocking two spaces, but mention that there were other available handicap spaces. Tell the judge that you were ready to move if a handicapped person showed up and needed your spot.

Wear a good suit and be humble. Admit responsibility and work on your, "Yes, your honor. No, your honor" b.s. skills.
You know I have always been conscious of any one elses needs and would never intentially do anything to harm anyone in any way, form or fashion. It was a matter of circumstance that was kinda outta my control. It was dark and we needed light from the lamp posts. The car wasnt working properly. We would have had to push the car out if someone needed the space. Which would have been no problem. Anyway, I was in the military and no the imporatance of showing respect to your superiors. The best thing I can hope for is dont do it again. The next best thing I could hope for is a lower fine and dont do it again.