Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Cop wrote me a dumbass ticket

Search this Thread

Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Cop wrote me a dumbass ticket

I was at Hooters while TT was in town. We all met up there to hang out. I find out that my fuel pump is bad and all the fellas helped out with a replacement fuel pump and labor etc. I had pulled the car in between 2 handicap spaces where in between was room enough for a third car. (It was diagnol slashed). Anyway, we needed light and all the guys were up at the front to help out. BTW this is after 10pm as well. ANyway, the fuel pump was replaced and the car was running. AS I was ready to back out, a cop car pulls behind me and blocks me in. He asked me if I was handicapped and I said no and told him what I was doing and I told him the truth. A hooters girl then came out to try and help but she lied. Then he said I was lying. What a ***. ANyway, he spent more time writing the ticket blocking me in than it took to change the fuel pump. My main concern is that I never left the car. In fact the car was running and I had the car in reverse when they blocked me in. Maybe I should tell the judge that the cop was blocking the parking spaces as well since he trapped me in and noone could get in or out at that point. Not to mention there were like 7 unattended bikes in the fire lane, that was posted no parking. He didnt say anything to them. There were so many people there that witnessed this cop and they all say its messed up and I should fight it. I am definitely going to take this to court.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

good luck to you man. Police need to take an "I'm an ******* with a desire to go on a power trip" test before they are given badges. Its guys like these that give cops a bad name. Anyway once again good luck.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

That's messed up dude! Sorry to hear that, I guess it must have happened right after the rest of us left.... For all the cop knows, you pulled in thinking it was a regular space, but wasn't able to back out before he blocked you in. Good luck with it!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kwman
good luck to you man. Police need to take an "I'm an ******* with a desire to go on a power trip" test before they are given badges. Its guys like these that give cops a bad name. Anyway once again good luck.
I hear you. He was a young kid too. I am probably older than him. He must have needed his end of the month quota.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Haha, I hate those damn cockgobblers.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by myfirstnewcar
That's messed up dude! Sorry to hear that, I guess it must have happened right after the rest of us left.... For all the cop knows, you pulled in thinking it was a regular space, but wasn't able to back out before he blocked you in. Good luck with it!
Yeah I wish you could have witnessed it to. What a freakin joke!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TampaTurbo
Yeah I wish you could have witnessed it to. What a freakin joke!
Fight it dude! Don't get stuck with that crap.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 02:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by myfirstnewcar
Fight it dude! Don't get stuck with that crap.
I am definitely fighting it. I can understand if I actually parked there and left the car unattended but I didnt. I was frickin backing out. I cant stand it I am so pissed off.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That cross hatched area you were taking up was the ramp offload area used by handicap vans. You parking between two handicaped spots make both of them useless.... you will get laughed out of court if you try fighting this one.

Keith
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Angry

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
That cross hatched area you were taking up was the ramp offload area used by handicap vans. You parking between two handicaped spots make both of them useless.... you will get laughed out of court if you try fighting this one.

Keith
Then let me ask you this, what right did he have to block me in while I was backing out. I didnt know thats the use for those crossed hatch areas. It wasnt posted as such. And if there are ignorant people like myself unaware of such conditions then it should be posted. I know crossed hatch areas are not meant for parking but I didnt know that means it takes up 2 spaces. Like I said I was there for a few minutes attending the car. It was after 10pm. What about the bikes parking in the fire lane. I have a name and phone number from the kitchen manager that is willing to write me statement on my behalf. He witnessed the whole thing. Cops didnt say a darn thing to those guys. ANd it was posted as well. Thats BS in my book. Thats just flat out wrong. You cant flip flop the parking violations. If you write a ticket for one then you should have to do it for everyone regardless..
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolving Member

absolutely.....
Moral of the story...Park in a regular space if you dont have a crip sticker.
If it were me I would just pay the ticket and go on...hopefully learning a lesson.

Now dont get me started on these fat people who get a crip sticker cause they are too lazy to walk the extra 30ft.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:42 PM

Don't fight it dude!!!!!! If you go to court and you get a judge who has a handicapped person in his family or knows a handicapped person, it could be real ugly in court for you......Some states it's up to a 500 dollar fine and he could nail you with that......Point is you may have been there for a few mins. but believe me it won't fly in court because by law that is an area where you are not to park,stop,pull in to or what ever reasons you might try....Just next when you see a handicapped person in one of those vans getting in and out with his wheel chair and then ask your self would you like to be in their shoes.....
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolved Member

Or you could get a handicapped/perverted judge that hobbles his happy *** into hooters every week and drools at the girls. What ever you do, good luck and after thinking it over i would probably pay it. Karma will catch up to that cop, oh wait hes giving tickets to people not harming anyone it already has. I think i would just pay it and not be happy about it and kick stuff when i got home.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tru evo
Don't fight it dude!!!!!! If you go to court and you get a judge who has a handicapped person in his family or knows a handicapped person, it could be real ugly in court for you......Some states it's up to a 500 dollar fine and he could nail you with that......Point is you may have been there for a few mins. but believe me it won't fly in court because by law that is an area where you are not to park,stop,pull in to or what ever reasons you might try....Just next when you see a handicapped person in one of those vans getting in and out with his wheel chair and then ask your self would you like to be in their shoes.....
I understand what you are saying completely. I guess after 10pm at night when the restaurant is close to closing then it shouldnt matter. So if a car parked in a handicap slot at 4am in a deserted parking lot, they will write you a ticket? I guess I am more upset that they just wrote me a ticket. What if I fire engine was coming through and there were the bikes there? I mean anything can happen right. Shouldnt they have been ticketed?
Old Oct 24, 2004, 07:53 PM
Evolved Member

fight it. admit ignorance. tell the judge that you pulled in there without realizing that it was a handicap space, realized your mistake, but in trying to back out and find another space, the cop blocked you. that is your only chance. the other excuse of you only being there a short time and never left your car unattended will absolutely NOT fly in court.