Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Keep Evolution or Trade for Evo MR?
Keep the Evolution and the heck with trading For Evo MR
75.27%
Screw The Evo I'd Rather Get the Evo MR go and trade
24.73%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

my opinion on the mr

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2005 | 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoRS04
The hp gain is not minimal, the #'s sound minimal, but I have raced an 04 evo 8 w/ tb, mbc set at 20.5 psi, open filter, and me stock MR pulled him by 3 cars, and in my RS I would barely pull him he would stay on my rear tire and could not pull anymore and had dp, and mbc set @ 20 psi
Dont forget all the 05s have extra 5HP and 13 ft/lb

Although I have heard the 05s are noticely a bit quicker than the 03/04s... I dont know about 3 cars.

Last edited by Soon2BEVO; Feb 26, 2005 at 09:52 AM.
Old Feb 26, 2005 | 09:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
Dont forget all the 05s have extra 5HP and 13 ft/lb

Although I have heard the 05s are noticely a bit quicker than the 03/04s... I dont know about 3 cars.
It was not a 1/4 mile run more a 1/2 mile stretch, In the 1/4 almost a car length, then from there the car kept pulling further away.
Old Feb 26, 2005 | 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evoRS04
It was not a 1/4 mile run more a 1/2 mile stretch, In the 1/4 almost a car length, then from there the car kept pulling further away.
Better said! Makes me happy I have an 05
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 12:13 PM
Evolving Member

what am I not seeing in the MR on KBB to make it worth the extra 4k? Somebody in this thread earlier that the MR has ACD ... which my 05 evo has. Realistically what did mistu do to make it 4k more? I can only guess its something we could do for a 1/4 of the price on our evo VIII's.
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kevine326
what am I not seeing in the MR on KBB to make it worth the extra 4k? Somebody in this thread earlier that the MR has ACD ... which my 05 evo has. Realistically what did mistu do to make it 4k more? I can only guess its something we could do for a 1/4 of the price on our evo VIII's.
Lets see, you want to add these to your '05 EVO:

6 speed tranny
Bilstein shocks
BBS wheels
Aluminum roof

For $1000? ...... Maybe in your dreams. Oh yeah, that does not include the trim package, Gear shift knob, pedals, gauge pack and oh yeah, the vortex generator......
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 01:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
Lets see, you want to add these to your '05 EVO:

6 speed tranny
Bilstein shocks
BBS wheels
Aluminum roof

For $1000? ...... Maybe in your dreams. Oh yeah, that does not include the trim package, Gear shift knob, pedals, gauge pack and oh yeah, the vortex generator......
I think the MR is worth the money depending on the buyer. If youre going to keep it stock, Id rather have an MR. But for someone like me, I didnt want to pay the extra $ because Id rather spend that extra $ on lets say some Volk wheels, and coilovers, etc. It really boils down to the buyer. Now if Mitsu was charging 10k over the regular EVO VIII then Id say its not worth it, but for what you get in the MR package, it is worth it $-wise, if you WANT those additions!

I stuck with the GSR because Im a dork and I loved the Electric blue and leather Recaros, both unavilable on the MR. Also, I wasnt crazy about the BBS wheels and I planned on getting some Volks anyway so to me, the MR was not worth the extra cash, but to a lot of people, especially I think the older guys 35+, the MR hits the spot
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 04:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Soon2BEVO
I think the MR is worth the money depending on the buyer. If youre going to keep it stock, Id rather have an MR. But for someone like me, I didnt want to pay the extra $ because Id rather spend that extra $ on lets say some Volk wheels, and coilovers, etc. It really boils down to the buyer. Now if Mitsu was charging 10k over the regular EVO VIII then Id say its not worth it, but for what you get in the MR package, it is worth it $-wise, if you WANT those additions!

I stuck with the GSR because Im a dork and I loved the Electric blue and leather Recaros, both unavilable on the MR. Also, I wasnt crazy about the BBS wheels and I planned on getting some Volks anyway so to me, the MR was not worth the extra cash, but to a lot of people, especially I think the older guys 35+, the MR hits the spot
Oh, no doubt the MR is only worth the extra $$ to those who can appreciate it and want it. You'll get no argument from me there
I was addressing Kevine326 question:
what am I not seeing in the MR on KBB to make it worth the extra 4k? Realistically what did mistu do to make it 4k more? I can only guess its something we could do for a 1/4 of the price on our evo VIII's.
^^^ this is clearly wrong!^^^
He is not seeing what the MR has to justify the extra $4K. He thinks he can equal the MR with $1K worth of mods......... I think not

Last edited by MR-SilverEVO8; Mar 3, 2005 at 04:25 PM.
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 07:30 PM
Evolving Member

Wink

Originally Posted by MR-SilverEVO8
Oh, no doubt the MR is only worth the extra $$ to those who can appreciate it and want it. You'll get no argument from me there
I was addressing Kevine326 question:
^^^ this is clearly wrong!^^^
He is not seeing what the MR has to justify the extra $4K. He thinks he can equal the MR with $1K worth of mods......... I think not
thx for letting me know what the differences were didnt see em when i looked.

but... sor with those above mods you get...

6 speed tranny - i dont care.. higher end power.. but i'm just happy with the 5spd
Bilstein shocks - ok a actual performance upgrade
BBS wheels - more bling... even if their lighter still bling
Aluminum roof - for weight? car weighs same or within 50 lbs of evo VIII

unless I am missing something else...? I only see the shocks as a upgrade. Maybe my old DSM view of go faster for less dont worry about the bling isnt up to date . Tranny gives her a different gear ratio so you will get more top end power..... big whoopdie doo. I did just fine with my 5spd gsx and evo VIII feels similiar.

I guess if you like the bling and like the idea of a 6spd and have extra money just sitting around it is worth it. Personally if I would take 4 grand and put it into the car I'm SURE I could get ALOT more potential out of it than what your using on the MR.
Old Mar 3, 2005 | 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

thx for letting me know what the differences were didnt see em when i looked.

but... sor with those above mods you get...

6 speed tranny - i dont care.. higher end power.. but i'm just happy with the 5spd
Bilstein shocks - ok a actual performance upgrade
BBS wheels - more bling... even if their lighter still bling
Aluminum roof - for weight? car weighs same or within 50 lbs of evo VIII

unless I am missing something else...?
Dude, you are "missing" everything, since the above explanations clearly show you don't understand any of the technical reasons for these upgrades.
Old Mar 4, 2005 | 06:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVO Neil
Dude, you are "missing" everything, since the above explanations clearly show you don't understand any of the technical reasons for these upgrades.
His mind is made up, please don't try to confuse him with the facts

Kevine326, if you really understood what the sum of components that make the MR really make, you'd not post your conclusions. Anyway, if you are happy with your EVO, that's great. You can spend $4K on your car and you might be quite happy. You probably would not appreciate the MR anyway, but just for ***** and giggles, why don't you see if you can arrange to drive one? I think you'll be surprised and certainly better educated and more qualified to post your so far erroneous deductions.
Old Mar 4, 2005 | 07:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by silverEVO8
His mind is made up, please don't try to confuse him with the facts

Kevine326, if you really understood what the sum of components that make the MR really make, you'd not post your conclusions. Anyway, if you are happy with your EVO, that's great. You can spend $4K on your car and you might be quite happy. You probably would not appreciate the MR anyway, but just for ***** and giggles, why don't you see if you can arrange to drive one? I think you'll be surprised and certainly better educated and more qualified to post your so far erroneous deductions.
<shrug> I'll try to find somebody that has one!