Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: Keep Evolution or Trade for Evo MR?
Keep the Evolution and the heck with trading For Evo MR
75.27%
Screw The Evo I'd Rather Get the Evo MR go and trade
24.73%
Voters: 368. You may not vote on this poll

my opinion on the mr

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2004 | 04:57 AM

Keep Evolution? Or Trade for Evolution MR?

I have a Insbruck White 03 Evolution w/ 4000miles on it.. Since the "Evo MR" is soon to come out do you think i should trade in my Evo for the MR? What are you guys planning to do? I love My Evo alot, but looking at the specs of the MR somthing in my brain is telling me "You Should've waited"/ "go trade your Evo In". The other part of me is saying stick to what i have and build on it. It's virtually the same engine right?! The MR is so tempting AYC/6speed/improved turbo/ rims etc. I'm curious on what you guys are planning to do when the arrival of the "Evo MR" hits our shores... trade for MR or keeping your Evo
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 05:04 AM
Account Disabled

I say keep your evo.

If you didn't have one already, I'd say wait for the MR, but since you already have one, keep it.

With the money you'll be losing on trading for an MR, you could do a lot to your regular evo.
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

i'll have to agree with the above.

the evo MR will be great, but the amount you lose on your trade in can give your regular viii a HUGE boost to equal and even out perform a stock MR
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 05:26 AM
Evolving Member

MR doesn't have AYC listed, it has ACD though
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 05:36 AM

The Evo MR is so tempting.. i wish they brought that out first so i wouldnt be getting second thoughts.. You guys are right i would be losing $$ on the trade i'll most likely stick to my regular EVO. It's still the best car i've ever had and driven very fun to drive. i just hate it when something better comes out when you thought you had the best in the Evolution lineup. i guess the car does evolve i'll just build on my Evo and see what happens in the future. The MR is SWEEET!! Anyone else thinking about trading in?
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by KavMan
MR doesn't have AYC listed, it has ACD though
ya your right!! i was confused since they both have A's thanks for pointing that out.. i must've read AYC in some other magazine of some sort
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 06:27 AM

I will wait it out till acd and ayc come here or maybe even something like FQ. Oh I am dreaming again. Nevertheless, I will wait them out.
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
I say keep your evo.

If you didn't have one already, I'd say wait for the MR, but since you already have one, keep it.

With the money you'll be losing on trading for an MR, you could do a lot to your regular evo.
Unless you must have the ACD adn 6-speed tranny, it makes more sense keeing your Evo. The reduced unsprung weight, lowered center of gravity, and the exclusivity are certainly appealing, but the horsepower gain is so minimal that some simple bolt-on parts can make your car more powerful.

On the other hand, in the Best Motoring video "Evo strikes back", the 6-speed Evo RS is slower than the 5-speed RS with the exact engine specs. Does that mean the MR will be the slowest in 2005 lineup?
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 06:40 AM

Correct if I'm wrong, but aren't all 2005 Evo's supposed to be coming w/ ACD? From what I can tell from the press release, with the MR, you get a 6mt, wheels, diff. turbo, a save a little weight, with the aluminum roof etc.. Other than that it seems you get some interior goodies and stuff.. I haven't got my EVO yet but even still, if all the 2005's get ACD and 4 wheel LSD I think I'll just get a regular 2005 and save the money for some mods and have a better car that's personalized to the way I want it.
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 06:45 AM

Oh yeah, and the Bilsteins.. but do you think it will really be worth all the extra cash for a car that someone else could have one identical to??
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 06:45 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvolvedVIII
I say keep your evo.

Well said above. Unless you have money just to throw away then trade it in and take the killing. Considering if you still owe around 29-30k, dealers won't give you more than 22k for it, maybe 20k!

Just take half of that hypothetical loss is, 4k, and turn it into mods. You could have a bad *** set of wheels and tires and an extra 75-80 flywheel horespower with the right mods, exhaust, dynoflash etc.! Then you would just smoke any MR anyway. Then you would have saved another 4k plus the extra cost of the MR, (pushing 35k I hear), that's another 5k! Stick with your EVO!
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

She's a keeper. MR is sweet, but my EVO is as perfect as she needs to be.
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 07:22 AM

Wow!! Gr8 answers.. you all gave me good reasons on not to trade my evo for MR. I'll just stick to what i got and make the best of it. who needs an extra gear anyway? 5gears and a few extra mods are good enough right?!
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

I bet soon, if your willing to pay for it, a 6-speed tranny will be avail.... Just watch.
Old Jun 4, 2004 | 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

I'll keep my 03 evo until mits ready to bring an evo with ACD & AYC on it. I don't care about forged rim, aluminium roof and bilstein strut/shock. I can get all these aftermarket and performed better than MR.