Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer knowledge about the EVO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2002, 09:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i told my mitsu dealer all they know about the EVO
Old Nov 25, 2002, 11:47 PM
Evolving Member

ya thats kinda sad that they dont know squat
Old Nov 26, 2002, 02:38 AM
In Timeout

hehe sure it will be super "charged" by turbo
Old Nov 28, 2002, 10:23 PM

Hi everyone, i'm new here. I've been viewing as a visitor for a while and I feel obligated to share my two cents.

I sell Mitsu's in Chicagoland, and between this post about dealer knowledge and all of the rumors about the Evo in general...I'm about to puke.

At my store, product knowledge is king...if one of our salesmen talked to a customer like that, he would be told to get a box, get his stuff, and get out.

Here's what I know about the Evo---straight from the top ranks at Mitsu:

There is no official pricing, release date or color choices known by the dealers. What they have told us is that the car will be available first quarter 2003.

We recently recieved a 30 page fax, which seemed to be more of an appetizer that an official disclosure about the car. It did, however include some concrete details.

The Evo will have an MSRP starting under 30K. It will be offered in four configurations: High spoiler no sunroof, High spoiler w/sunroof, OZ style spoiler no sunroof, OZ style spoiler w/ sunroof. The fax also indicated that there would be no number after "evolution" It will simply be called the Lancer Evolution (as seen on Mitsu's website)

There was no mention whatsoever about ACD, AYC, or rear wiper. It WILL be equipped with a 5-speed manual, AWD of course, 17" Enkei wheels, Recaro seats and Momo steering wheel and FMIC.

As far as the number of units, my boss said that there will be no less than 6,000 available. At the dealer meetings and on dealer conference calls, there have been a number of requests by dealer owners and GM's to bump the number closer to 10,000. Allocation will be based on each dealer's sales and csi scores. I was told that our dealer is slated to have 14-17 allocated.

At this point we have not accepted any deposits...it would be unfair to accept money for something that we have no MSRP's for. When the time draws nearer we will begin to take deposits.

Also, the rumors about an upgraded O.Z. are true. At a recent ride-and-drive for the Outlander they told us that there will be a Lancer O.Z. with a 2.4 (a la Galant, Eclipse, Outlander) It will essentially be an Evo without the AWD and turbo power. It is going to be available with an Evo-style body kit and better wheels, tires, brakes and seats. Right now they are debating on what to call it: Lancer O.Z. Plus or Lancer Ralliart Edition. (you'll probably agree that Ralliart Edition is the way to go) Horsepower will be over 150.

All of this info is factual and directly from Mitsubishi. If you read anything otherwise, it is either bs or from someone who works for Mitsubishi (not at a dealer)

Thanks for reading.
Old Nov 29, 2002, 12:31 AM
Evolving Member

Damn thanks for the Info dude