Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dealer knowledge about the EVO

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2002, 03:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Dealer knowledge about the EVO

I joined this forum because I'm a major EVO enthusiast. Eventually, I plan on selling the dsm and place an order for the EVO so I decided to head up to the Mitsu dealer here in Houston. I finally get ahold of a sales person and tell him I'm interested in the Evolution and his eyes light up and he says "Ahh supercharged, yes."

I just smiled and nodded and realised what everybody says about dealers is true. I ask him when its due and he states by the end of January and they are taking deposits. He states again "The evolution will be supercharged and it will be compareable to the 3000GT" I cringed and then asked for his card so I can get ahold of him when the time draws near.

I also happened to stop by the Subie dealer to find information on the Wrx Sti as I wouldnt mind owning a scooby as well. Dealer said it wont be due till the end of next November and he stated they will run in the ballpark of about 38K. Dang, talk about a butt load of false information.

Happy Boosting!!

Last edited by Drewboy; Nov 24, 2002 at 03:43 PM.
Old Nov 24, 2002, 05:07 PM

supercharged?
that's some wack info all around!
Old Nov 24, 2002, 06:15 PM

HAhahaha
Supercharged, that's a good one
Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:37 PM

supercharge
Old Nov 24, 2002, 11:55 PM

Well technically a turbo is an exhaust-powered supercharger so maybe he isn't so fulla crap. Yea thats the ticket.
Yea right - he's a dealer... he'd probably tell you there was a flower vase molded into the dash if you looked hippie enough.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:02 AM

Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:04 AM
Evolving Member

See, these dealer people are full of carp, all they care is to sell you a car at 5000 above MSRP....I went to a local Sub dealer, and to look at a SubWRX. So I asked what's the difference between a FWD and 4WD....he thought about it for a while..and replied..."FWD is where all wheels are spinning at the same rpm whereas 4WD is all 4 Wheels can spin but at different rpm.....oh by the way, FWD is Full Wheel Drive" I was like...man..I've been driving full wheel drive cars all these years.....

Last edited by AaronOZ; Nov 25, 2002 at 12:06 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:08 AM

Man the dealerships in my area didnt even know anything about the EVO till i downloaded the 32 page tech on the car and gave it to them you out to see this download it has all the stuff you need on the car however its for the EVO VII not the EVO VIII i'll try to post a link if i can still find it.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 12:11 AM

Ok heres the link http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/PDF-E/evo7.pdf for anyone that would like to view it its in pdf format
Old Nov 25, 2002, 01:10 AM
In Timeout

Thats not even for the USDM Evo.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 04:14 AM
Evolving Member

Never Trust The Dealer.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 01:49 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

It all depends on the dealer. Don't think all are alike. Some know a lot more than others, because they want to know. Other dealers don't care and give you crap information.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 02:10 PM
Evolving Member

Let me guess, Gillman Mitsubishi and Gillman Subaru. Guys couldn't tell their *** from a whole in the ground.
Old Nov 25, 2002, 03:04 PM

Originally posted by wizardofoz
Let me guess, Gillman Mitsubishi and Gillman Subaru. Guys couldn't tell their *** from a whole in the ground.
HAHAHA good call!!! Those are the exact dealerships, right off of Bellaire rather then Rankin rd.

I agree, they are fairly clueless. While at the Subaru dealership the salesman was asking about my car. He noticed my front mount and asked" Why do you have your radiator right there?" I told him it was the intercooler and I guess he was fairly awe struck that all intercoolers arent top mounts.

He then asked if my EFI PMS (Big ol computer thing sticking out of my console) was a boost controller. I say "nahh just a tuning computer" & he goes on to ask if I can beat a Camaro SS and asked how much H.P. I was pushing. I tell him Im unable to dyno because of awd and I dont know of any awd dynos and i guess this threw im for a loop as well. O well.

The mitsu dealer was pakistan so I didnt blame him much for not knowing too much info on the Evo seeing as how he's prob not a car nut and spoke in broken english.

btw- it seems like you dont know the difference between the word "whole" and "hole"
Old Nov 25, 2002, 04:14 PM
Evolving Member

Figured it was them. I bought my OZ from the guys off of Rankin. I was originally going to buy the OZ and a WRX from them on the same day but they did not act like they were too interested in making me a good deal for buying both. They also wanted to stick me on my trade-in. It was odd that I, who knows a little, not a lot, about cars, knew considerably more about the WRX than they did.

Originally posted by Drewboy

btw- it seems like you dont know the difference between the word "whole" and "hole"
Alright, easy on the typos there, I notice that you are a little sporadic on the proper use of apostrophes there.