Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bought rota torques on ebay and got screwed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004 | 11:24 AM
Account Disabled

I agree. So why didn't you call them first before putting the rims on your car?

Finger pointing is still pitty and egotistic.
Old Oct 29, 2004 | 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

I was at lunch so I could not respond earlier. Yes this is my only car and I would have sent the rims back but I was on a time schedule. I was home for fall break so I had only a few days. I didn't have enough time to send them out and wait for them to change and send it back. I just had enough time to switch them out and leave back to school. I am bashing this guy because I don't think he tried to help besides to tell me to buy new ones and he didn't even say sorry. I wouldn't take the rims back either but I would atleast try to help the customer out more then just saying buy 2 more.
Old Nov 18, 2004 | 09:16 PM

I was made aware of this thread by a potential customer that was questioning the service we provide.
The customer ordered 4 HyperBlack 17x8 Torques 5x114.3 35mm, we shipped 4 boxes labeled HyperBlack 17x8 Torques 5x114.3 35mm. We have no reason to open the boxes and inspect the rims considering we have sold over 2000 Rota wheels and during this time only had ONE wheel that was boxed incorrectly by the manufacturer. If the customer had contacted us before he had the tires mounted we would have sent him replacements, no questions asked. I probably would have even been able to have Rota overnight them. When the customer called and told me he already had the tires mounted and has been driving on them there is really nothing I could do. I apologized to the customer and offered him two replacement rims at our cost.
-Michael
Urban Import
Old Nov 18, 2004 | 09:28 PM

I agree with UFO, you shouldnt have mounted the tires..driven it for some time then expect to swap them for a new one...thats like ordering a burger...eating it...asking for a new one cuz it wasnt what u ordered
Old Nov 18, 2004 | 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

You didn't get screwed you made a mistake

Live with it dude who would mount wheels that are different colors
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVONation
That was dumb to put them on the car. Now no one has to do anything for you since they are used goods.... I always check the iteams as soon as I recieve them and if they are incorrect I call the day I recieved the goods that way they can't screw you....

I then would have forced them to overnight another set of hyperblack at their cost and then sent mine back once recieved the new ones.

Also how did you sell your stock before even looking at the new rims.... Now this is no ones fault but yours... Sorry to be harsh but this is reality and in the real world you need comman sense...

GOOD LUCK and I hope everythign works out in the end...
No, in the real world you need to be able to spell.

- Jason
Evolved Member

***** and complain till you get your money back...fight for your RIGHTS!!
Old Nov 18, 2004 | 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UrbanImport
I was made aware of this thread by a potential customer that was questioning the service we provide.
The customer ordered 4 HyperBlack 17x8 Torques 5x114.3 35mm, we shipped 4 boxes labeled HyperBlack 17x8 Torques 5x114.3 35mm. We have no reason to open the boxes and inspect the rims considering we have sold over 2000 Rota wheels and during this time only had ONE wheel that was boxed incorrectly by the manufacturer. If the customer had contacted us before he had the tires mounted we would have sent him replacements, no questions asked. I probably would have even been able to have Rota overnight them. When the customer called and told me he already had the tires mounted and has been driving on them there is really nothing I could do. I apologized to the customer and offered him two replacement rims at our cost.
-Michael
Urban Import

Your logic is flawed. It's DEFINITELY not the logic I want to see in a vendor I was going to buy from.

The initial mistake was yours. You should have checked your stock instead of assuming it was in good condition and correct from Rota. You said "We have no reason to open the boxes and inspect the rims considering we have sold over 2000 Rota wheels and during this time only had ONE wheel that was boxed incorrectly by the manufacturer."

Well if everyone followed that logic, we'd all be screwed. What if airlines stopped inspecting airplanes because "after 2000 flights, nothing ever failed"? You should have bit the bullet, taken a loss, and had a happy/repeat customer.

The profit you made on the markup on those 4 wheels, plus the money you could have gotten selling the two "slightly" used wheels on ebay, would have been enough to cover the cost of 2 new wheels at your dealer cost. You would have broken about even and had a happy customer. Apparently happy customers aren't a top priority for your company. Sometimes in order to be a good vendor and company, you have to take a loss when you're at fault.

If I order a Hamburger with no onions, but then take a bite, find onions and return it to the counter, they don't say "Well, you already bit into it, sorry, no refunds, buy another"

- Jason
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 05:41 AM
Evolving Member

^^agreed. Whether or not the guy mounted the tires does matter in this case. He was in a bind and had no choice but to mount the tires. It is YOUR responsibility as a vendor to make sure that what you are sending your customer is correct. So therefore I know to never buy from your company and I will encourage others not to as well.

Have a nice day and happy bankruptcy.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

sorry UrbanImport but obviously you have no knowledge of how a business should be run... it only takes a few out to ruin your rep... it only takes you 5-10 minutes to check inside... seriously when i see this kinda reply from a company, i wonder why so many companies fail in his country.... you are right that once the wheel is mounted and drive, it is 'used'.... but the first and critical mistake was yours, the responsibility should NOT be on the customer who paid YOU money to get the product he wanted.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 06:35 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerOZ
Your logic is flawed. It's DEFINITELY not the logic I want to see in a vendor I was going to buy from.

The initial mistake was yours. You should have checked your stock instead of assuming it was in good condition and correct from Rota. You said "We have no reason to open the boxes and inspect the rims considering we have sold over 2000 Rota wheels and during this time only had ONE wheel that was boxed incorrectly by the manufacturer."

Well if everyone followed that logic, we'd all be screwed. What if airlines stopped inspecting airplanes because "after 2000 flights, nothing ever failed"? You should have bit the bullet, taken a loss, and had a happy/repeat customer.

The profit you made on the markup on those 4 wheels, plus the money you could have gotten selling the two "slightly" used wheels on ebay, would have been enough to cover the cost of 2 new wheels at your dealer cost. You would have broken about even and had a happy customer. Apparently happy customers aren't a top priority for your company. Sometimes in order to be a good vendor and company, you have to take a loss when you're at fault.

If I order a Hamburger with no onions, but then take a bite, find onions and return it to the counter, they don't say "Well, you already bit into it, sorry, no refunds, buy another"

- Jason
No, your logic is flawed. If we use your analogy then the airlines have people who inspect airplanes, just as a factory has people who inspect wheels. If you expect the seller to inspect every wheel then shouldn't you expect the person who sold you your airline ticket to personally inspect the airplane before you board? Talk about flawed logic...

There is no such thing as 'touchless' tyre mounting even though many people claim to offer it. Once the lug nuts are seated as well then it becomes obvious that the wheels are used. To use an analogy related to the car market then this is the equivalent of buying a black turbo timer and opening the box, discovering it is silver and installing it anyway. Would you expect the vendor to take the turbo timer back too?

I can't believe I'm even debating this. I also can't believe that anyone would suggest mounting the tyres and wheels would be a good thing to do, let alone suggest the vendor take back used wheels and exchange for new.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Its clear that ROTA is at fault, by shipping boxes with wrong lables. You should take this up with ROTA, they have good customer service from what I hear and should be able to help you. Urban Imports it is your duty to aid bluebanana23 in getting this expedited to ROTA. Most reseller never open boxes that manufacturers have sealed so I don't see how this is Urban Exports fault.
bluebanana23 you should have exercised more common sense ..... thanks for the chuckle tho
Ahahahah an EVO with 2 different sets of rim ahahaha ...... sorry but its kinda funny

Last edited by DaWorstPlaya; Nov 19, 2004 at 01:43 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UFO
No, your logic is flawed. If we use your analogy then the airlines have people who inspect airplanes, just as a factory has people who inspect wheels. If you expect the seller to inspect every wheel then shouldn't you expect the person who sold you your airline ticket to personally inspect the airplane before you board? Talk about flawed logic...

There is no such thing as 'touchless' tyre mounting even though many people claim to offer it. Once the lug nuts are seated as well then it becomes obvious that the wheels are used. To use an analogy related to the car market then this is the equivalent of buying a black turbo timer and opening the box, discovering it is silver and installing it anyway. Would you expect the vendor to take the turbo timer back too?

I can't believe I'm even debating this. I also can't believe that anyone would suggest mounting the tyres and wheels would be a good thing to do, let alone suggest the vendor take back used wheels and exchange for new.

Ummm, why don't you look at how many people agree with me, and how many agree with you? Count them up, go ahead, more people see MY logic. If your skewed logic were correct, more people would be agreeing with your position than mine.

Also, your analogy doesn't even make sense. Why would I want the ticket counter person to inspect the airplane I'm riding on??? I don't care WHO checks the plain, I just want someone qualified from that company to check it.

That being said, I wouldn't care WHO at urban imports checks my wheels before sending them to me, I just want them to be checked. It doesn't have to be the guy I spoke to on the phone, just anyone qualified to notice two different colors.

- Jason

P.S. Here, I did some counting for you...

People that agree with me (6):

plokivos
outsider
lil'evil evo
EVOla_VIRUS
JoeWalker4G63
mifesto

People that agree with you (2):

EVONation
snoop

Obviously my logic/position seems to make more sense to the majority, so don't talk about my logic being flawed son.

Last edited by LancerOZ; Nov 19, 2004 at 01:46 PM.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 01:48 PM
Evolved Member

if a vendor has to check every item that goes through his door to make sure they are the right color and size, it would add to the overhead.. sometimes they don't even get the goods (they drop ship it to your house) so how can they check

it was totally illogical for the buyer to ride around with two different colors for a while and then one day wake up and say "oh, yeah, they are different colors" and demand his money back..

going with the hamburger example, it's like ordering a cheeseburger, but getting a chicken burger, then eating half of it and tell them that you got the wrong thing..

-joe
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO

honestly you have no brain... you know they do inspect every airplane meticulously .... and before they take off.. dont you ALWAYS notice they do a test run of the engine first? u do know Dell and other computer companies do a test run on their PC before packing it in the box? dont u think every car dealer makes sure every car they sell atleast runs? it only takes a minute MAX on each box to double-check the right color...

he was at fault for mounting the rims true.... he just dug himself deeper into a hole and i dont think a vendor should accept his return.. but it really gives a bad impression on the vendor for sending him the WRONG PRODUCT... theres no excuse for that... they cant hide behind rota... they could have checked but didnt.

Last edited by mifesto; Nov 19, 2004 at 01:51 PM.