Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bought rota torques on ebay and got screwed

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004 | 01:52 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

The vendor I bought my wheels from checked them before sending them out. He even sent me pictures.
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 02:06 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sillypuddy
if a vendor has to check every item that goes through his door to make sure they are the right color and size, it would add to the overhead.. sometimes they don't even get the goods (they drop ship it to your house) so how can they check

it was totally illogical for the buyer to ride around with two different colors for a while and then one day wake up and say "oh, yeah, they are different colors" and demand his money back..

going with the hamburger example, it's like ordering a cheeseburger, but getting a chicken burger, then eating half of it and tell them that you got the wrong thing..

-joe

Lol, add overhead for checking inside a box???

We aren't talking about hiring a team of test drivers to mount the wheels, put in $5.00 of gas, and drive them to make sure the wheels hold up ok. THAT would add overhead.

Checking inside a box requires no "overhead". Where did you learn the definition of "overhead"... were you asleep in Econ class that day?

The wheels were not drop shipped. All they had to do was take the box off the shelf, and before slapping a shipping label on, open the box and look inside. Would take less than 30 seconds.

I'm not arguing that a good vendor can't make a mistake, because they all do eventually. But now they need to fix this guys problem with no additional cost to him. Be a good vendor.

- Jason
Old Nov 19, 2004 | 04:20 PM

I really don't see the problen anyhow.. I think it's kinda cool.. Just put the two of the same color on each side.... NOONE can see BOTH sides of the car at the same time.. It's like having two sets for the price of one..

"Hey is that your EVO with the Hyper Black rims?" ...
"Why yes, yes it is...."

LATER

"Hey is that your evo with the BRonze rims?"
"Why yes, yes it is.."

Dope...