Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Bought rota torques on ebay and got screwed

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bought rota torques on ebay and got screwed

I tried to order hypersilver but they were out of stock so I ordered bronze. 2 hours later the sales rep. calls back and said they just sold the last one so I had to order hyperblack. When it gets here it's in 2 different colors. I already sold my stock rims so I had to put them on. Honestly they're not that noticeable so I'm not that upset. I called the guy who is michael btw, and he says he can't do anything about it since I already put them on. The only thing he can do is give me a discount for two new rims. I'm like WTF. The company is called urbanimports. I bought it through ebay because i only payed 650 shipped for them versus the 700 shipped at evom. I'm also a college student away from home so which means i'm pretty much broke. So i'm basically writing this to say stay away from URBANIMPORTS.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:16 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2 different hyper black color?
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

2 bronze and 2 hyperblacks, on all 4 boxes it said "hyperblack"
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:22 AM
Account Disabled

that's wrong. So very wrong. I can't even understand why they would send something like that.

If the Urbanimports don't help you, just call the manufacturer and tell them that you got some funky mix of rims and you want it replaced.

They could help you out. If not, sue URbanImports. Seems like that's what people do these days.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hmmm i say we help a fellow EVOM guy out for once. Since this site is mainly nothing but negatives. I say get this post rolling and we start emailing on ur behalf.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:28 AM
Evolved Member

Call Rota's customer service and see what they can do. I was never really into the whole Rota thing and thought they just liked to rip off designs from good companies, but I hear their customer service is pretty good. Hope it all works out for ya!
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolved Member

I would battle it out somehow... did you pay by paypal? Reverse the charges... do something...
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

yes I did pay by PP and thanks for everyone's support
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:46 AM
Evolved Member

Man I would be pissed. I would be the same way saying it's not that bad, but the fact is they screwed up. Make sure you leave them bad feedback.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:50 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Ermmm, what am I missing here? You mounted the rims, so they are no longer new. How can you fault the seller for not taking them back? Or, how would you feel if your rims turned up, supposedly new, and it was obvious that they had been mounted on a car before? You'd ***** about it right? It's unfortunate that you got the wrong rims in the first place and the seller probably had no clue considering the boxes were marked correctly, but to suggest he is at fault for not letting you return them after you had tyres mounted to them and put them on your car is BS. The seller is obviously willing to work with you considering he offered 2 rims at a discount price.

Bottom line is that you should never have mounted tyres on them and put them on your car.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by UFO
Ermmm, what am I missing here? You mounted the rims, so they are no longer new. How can you fault the seller for not taking them back? Or, how would you feel if your rims turned up, supposedly new, and it was obvious that they had been mounted on a car before? You'd ***** about it right? It's unfortunate that you got the wrong rims in the first place and the seller probably had no clue considering the boxes were marked correctly, but to suggest he is at fault for not letting you return them after you had tyres mounted to them and put them on your car is BS. The seller is obviously willing to work with you considering he offered 2 rims at a discount price.

Bottom line is that you should never have mounted tyres on them and put them on your car.
The guy is obviously strapped for cash. He had to probably sell his stock rims to buy the new ones. They changed the rim color on him 3 times basically... dont they know their own stock? When they FINALLY send him the "hyperblack" ones - they send the two of the wrong color. Sorry, but if they already had to change the color on him that many times they should have checked to make sure the guy was getting the right rims.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 10:58 AM
Account Disabled

he didn't have rims when he ordered it, since he wasn't expecting 2 different color rims.

That's sellers fault for sending 2 different color rims. It's BS. Who sends 2 different color rims? That trends so 1998!

People do have life to attend to, and I'm sure blue banana doesn't have a 2nd car.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:10 AM
Evolving Member

That was dumb to put them on the car. Now no one has to do anything for you since they are used goods.... I always check the iteams as soon as I recieve them and if they are incorrect I call the day I recieved the goods that way they can't screw you....

I then would have forced them to overnight another set of hyperblack at their cost and then sent mine back once recieved the new ones.

Also how did you sell your stock before even looking at the new rims.... Now this is no ones fault but yours... Sorry to be harsh but this is reality and in the real world you need comman sense...

GOOD LUCK and I hope everythign works out in the end...
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:15 AM
Account Disabled

man, what's done is done. I think it was dumb to sell your rims before you get your new ones too, but he's trying to find a way to get this right.

I don't think we're here to point fingers and do the whole "welcome to the real world" bs.

In reality, people don't like finger pointers that don't help out.

http://www.rotawheels.com/ they're really reasonable people from what I've experienced.

Just level with them, they could help out.
Old Oct 29, 2004, 11:22 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
man, what's done is done. I think it was dumb to sell your rims before you get your new ones too, but he's trying to find a way to get this right.

I don't think we're here to point fingers and do the whole "welcome to the real world" bs.

In reality, people don't like finger pointers that don't help out.

http://www.rotawheels.com/ they're really reasonable people from what I've experienced.

Just level with them, they could help out.
He's not asking for help. He's posting to bash the seller and tell people not to buy from Urban Imports. I am able to point fingers because he put the wheels on his car and they went from being new to being used. Why on earth should a seller take a used wheel back when he sold him a new one? If it's his only car then what did he use for the period between him selling his original wheels and buying new ones? The seller obviously messed up on the wheels with the 2 different colours but he was never given an oppurtunity to make things right. Instead, the seller was expected to exchange 2 used wheels for 2 new ones. Not a single vendor would do that.