Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Rwd Evo 8?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2004 | 08:19 AM
Account Disabled

Rwd Evo 8?

Does anyone at this forum have it? Just wondering what their take on AWD EVo 8 vs the RWD evo 8
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by plokivos
Does anyone at this forum have it? Just wondering what their take on AWD EVo 8 vs the RWD evo 8
yu'll find a discussion about this STUPID idea somewhere in page 2 or 3. RWD EVO!?!?!?!?!?! WHATS NEXT AWD COBRA
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JaguarS4R
yu'll find a discussion about this STUPID idea somewhere in page 2 or 3. RWD EVO!?!?!?!?!?! WHATS NEXT AWD COBRA

just because you dont like the idea does it make it stupid?
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 08:44 AM
Evolving Member

Would make a nice drift car...
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 08:45 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by badlooser
just because you dont like the idea does it make it stupid?
Who does? Lets start a poll, Why would yu do such a thing to a rally vehicle. Why not dont drop a FWD on a Supra?!?!?
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 09:41 AM

I like the idea. I'm not sure i would go all the way to a full RWD but i would like to be able to make the car more RWD biased. I was thinking about this and was affraid to ask (becuase of my fear of flames ). Is there a way to make the car more rwd biased? maybe reprogram the ACD settings on '05s? Kudos to plokivos for asking a question that most of us wont ask because of those quick to judge....

Edit: those quick to judge and hate.... Everyone enjoys their cars in their own way. The important thing is to enjoy it. You paid too much not to.
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 09:54 AM

As Jag pointed out, there is a thread about this already. Long story short I think the best you'll get out of the evo is a 50/50 split without some MAJOR rework.
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 05:44 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by JaguarS4R
do you have a RWD EVo? There is a AWD Cobra and front wheel Supra (N/A) out there.

There is also RWD Skyline and RWD Evo's.

I just wonder, because I heard about some of the auto crossers and road racers having a switch that would change the car from AWD to RWD.

I don't know if it's done automatically, like Honda and BMW, Active torque differential, or just the whole thing converting from AWD to RWD.

ACD and DCCC only changes rate to 60:30 or 70:30, so you can't really understand driving a RWD EVo. EVo's suspension setup is so much more sophisticated than some other cars that I'm thinking RWD would handle much better on a road course than AWD.

You do know that RWD handles much better than AWD, right? It's been tested over and over again. AWD handles more like FWD.

So, if you don't have it, keep your ignorance to a minimal.

Yeh, I just saw that post.
Old Oct 31, 2004 | 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

sorry but i have to disagree- some awd are front biased, while others are rear biased: front biased; EVO, Matrix, Celica alltrac- Rear biased;911 carrera4, Skyline GTR, Neutral: wrx is pretty neutral.
Old Nov 1, 2004 | 02:58 AM
Evolving Member

If someone is really interested in having a rear-wheel drive/4 cylinder turbo car... why not just get an early 90's Lotus Esprit. Just my 2 cents.
Old Nov 1, 2004 | 04:02 PM
Account Disabled

I'm wondering if someone have done it where they could switch from complete RWD to AWD vice versa.

I just hear things about this but haven't actually talk to anyone who's done it. Seem like a great thing to do for the evolution.
Old Nov 1, 2004 | 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldnt mind having a 40/60 (fwd/Rwd) split to give me a little more power oversteer ability on the roadcourse.
Old Nov 1, 2004 | 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

In the UK it is getting more popular to convert older AWD Subaru 4 cam turbos to rear wheel drive....apparently they make great drift cars because of the weight proportions up front..
Old Nov 7, 2004 | 12:58 PM
Account Disabled

yeh, I want to do some slides when I'm at the track. Too much grab and can't really control my car with just a simple throttle modulation, you have to work a bit more and it's not always predictable.
Old Nov 7, 2004 | 01:35 PM
Evolving Member

If someone is really interested in having a rear-wheel drive/4 cylinder turbo car... why not just get an early 90's Lotus Esprit. Just my 2 cents
Lotus= Lots of trouble usually serious

HTH

Andy

Quick Reply: Rwd Evo 8?