Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Seat Help.........please

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya thats what i wanna try to do or see if they sell new seat skins...
Old Dec 14, 2004, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evolved04
seat cover being the fabric that covers the stock seat. not leather. my aunt is a wiz with the sewing machine, and i was going to get my name emboidered, in the same color and font as the RECARO slogan, above it. think that it would look awesome and have never seen anyone with it. ^ is there screws for the plastic, or a zipper somewhere? thanks.

Did you get this done yet? I was thinking about doing the same thing, with my wife's name on the pass. seat. Like the rally cars have. If you (or anyone else) has done this, please post pics!
Old Dec 14, 2004, 11:10 AM

How does one remove the black plastic backing on the seat? my shop manual does not address this and a small portion of the seat fabric where it meets the plastic has come out and is very difficult to push back in and I am suspecting that I'll have to remove the back but I can't figure out how. Any suggestions or advice is appreciated.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 10:31 PM
Evolved Member

Bumppp
Old Dec 15, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry guys...Ive been super busy and havent had a chance to do what I said yet. Probably wont until after christmas. It is pretty simple though....If you have the Manual on CD then just follow those directions. It doesnt really tell you how to take off the covers though. The hardest part is the head rest (Has 2 tubes that are held in place with a locking clip on each) and the plastic seatbelt guide (is clipped together, no screws or nothing. You just have to pry it apart as gently as possible, but it is just clipped together). Like I said before(many months ago) I will try to get some pics and a write up in the how-to as soon as I can. Unless someone beats me to it.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

i reallly hope u do man i wanna change my seats baddd
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

^ with the silver recaro background would look sleek. thanks for sticking to it AUSSIE. i tried to fiddle with it a while ago, but got nowhere.
Old Dec 16, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

would anyone know where i can get that silver recaro background???