Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

My Dirty EVO In Front Of The World's Largest Porsche Dealership =)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by johnnysixer
Wow that Cayenne sitting in front is ugly as sin!
cayenne's hot... hottest suv
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
They are probably the self proclaimed "world's biggest porsche dealer". That dealership looks almost identical to the one near my work. http://scottsdale.porschedealer.com/
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

People are incredibly biased. Whoever said that an evo cost a 1/4 of a 996 is just wrong...

I have an Evo (obviously) and my uncle has a new 997, and that thing is amazing. I wish i had driven them back to back when my evo was stock, but the 997 pulls alot harder than i ever remember my evo pulling when it was stock.

The Porsche is just such a wonderful car. They appeal to different crowds, my dad and uncle (dad's in his 40's, uncle in his 50's) love the 997, while I, being 19, love Evo.

Two different beasts, most people would kill just to have either.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:42 PM

ha ha ha, nice
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Good work buddy!
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by aznflip2o6
cayenne's hot... hottest suv
IMHO the base Cayenne looks like ***. The higher model ones look better for some reason.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolving Member

Cayennes can get around a track unlike no other SUV, this is from personal experience.

I really dont think that EVO vs. Porsche car is a realistic compairson.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

When we had our dyno day here in Chicago at the Porsche Exchange, they wouldn't let us park our Evos anywhere near the front lot...

Was pretty funny to see something like 12 Evos, all faster than 90% of the cars on the lot, hehe. ...of course the Carrera GT in the showroom (sold that afternoon ) owned all...

Also there's nothing like smoking an unsuspecting 911 owner in my Evo.

l8r)
Old Nov 2, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I actually almost felt bad for a second as I blew past him on the way back from the dyno shop on the interstate. Almost.

Getting a non-turbo is like buying a Lancer OZ.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 05:04 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boostindsm
haha gotta love that pic and i would much rather have and evo than a porsche
That's funny.

I'd suck it up and take a GT2 with twin K24's.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

The Porsche has one major advantage over the Evo: It's absurdly over-engineered. If I wrung both a 997 Carrera S and my MR around the track for a few hours, I'd be less worried about wear with the Porsche than with my MR.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, Fl, also advertises it self as the largest dealer and I have read info in Porsche mags confirming the claim. It has also sponsored various winning LeMans entries.

As far as the Evo v 996: both are great cars. They weigh about the same and have similar power, but at the track the Evo's 4 wheel drive, better seats and better brakes put it ahead. I have not had a stock 996 be able to keep up with my stock Evo yet, after many track days involving both cars. Of course, the turbo 996 is in another league.
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by naucrx
They are probably the self proclaimed "world's biggest porsche dealer". That dealership looks almost identical to the one near my work. http://scottsdale.porschedealer.com/

I work at this dealership...technician for 15 years.

I own a EVO with 280 at the wheels, full suspension, wheels and tires, etc...I would still give my EVO up in a heartbeat if I could afford to own any of the new line of 911's.

My favorite is the GT3 with PCCB...simply the best sport car I have ever driven.

But atlas I live in my world where the EVO is what I can afford...it rewards me everytime I drive it. I love the EVO but if money was no object...

Winston
Old Nov 3, 2004, 07:44 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by CincyEvo
Champion Porsche in Pompano Beach, Fl, also advertises it self as the largest dealer and I have read info in Porsche mags confirming the claim. It has also sponsored various winning LeMans entries.
That's just what they told me, maybe they meant sq. footage, maybe they meant sales volume. Either way, who cares! It's still a big a$$ Porsche dealership.

Originally Posted by CincyEvo
As far as the Evo v 996: both are great cars. They weigh about the same and have similar power, but at the track the Evo's 4 wheel drive, better seats and better brakes put it ahead. I have not had a stock 996 be able to keep up with my stock Evo yet, after many track days involving both cars. Of course, the turbo 996 is in another league.
Comparing the two cars is retarded. The EVO is a 4dr SEDAN! The 911's are tiny coupes. The NON-TURBO Porsche costs twice as much as the EVO.

For me, I bought an EVO because I wanted a practical car that was fast. I wanted a car that I could drive to work everyday if it was snowing or sunny. I also wanted to have enough room to take my wife out, and have a couple of our friends ride along with us comfortably IN THE SAME CAR. I also didn't want to spend a fortune on something that would worry the crap outta me while it was parked somewhere I couldn't see it. The EVO gives you bang for the buck by out performing cars that cost twice what it does, while still being a practical daily driver. And even if we are talking the turbo model Porsche, Vishnu has shown those guys what a properly prepared EVO can do in the Cannonball races!

If you like bling, and you like Porsches, then have at it. And I'll see you when you cross the finish line (assuming you make it).
Old Nov 3, 2004, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i want a spankin new 998 (that the newest upcoming model with the nice round headlights again lke 993... right??) real bad. would like that AND my Evo. the 998 for hardcore driving on good twisty roads, and the evo for hardcore driving on good twisty roads where I might want to catch a little air or take it to play in the mud and gravel... or when I want to bring some people and cargo along for the ride!!

Quick Reply: My Dirty EVO In Front Of The World's Largest Porsche Dealership =)