Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

HELP ME OUT GUYS!! UPS is tryin to screw us

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2004, 03:47 PM
Account Disabled

Location: driving the 10 second beast in ohio or running lightmods.net
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP ME OUT GUYS!! UPS is tryin to screw us

Hello everyone as some of you may know i had sold my kinesis rims a lot time ago to a gentleman....the package consisted of 1 spare rim (with billet spacersf or the 4 corners) and then 4 wheels and tires. The packaging went as follows 2 of the wheels and tires were bound with strips together so there were (2 X 2wheels and tires) and then a seperate box with a wheel and the spacers. They all went out the same day to the same receiver address. Anyhow when the day came to receive them all one of the 2 wheel and tires packages were missing in action but the box and the other 2 wheel and tire package arrived. WE checked it out and found out that instead of going to NY where the guy lived the other packaged ended up in NJ.
So now we called and they found it and sent it .....but when it arrived 3 days later it was a single wheel and tire taped up and missing one wheel and tires obviously. So we called and they put in a claim and now have said they feel they have no liability to cover it as it wasn't there fault. OK then who the hecks fault was it...they all show same shipping arrival location and they sent it to the wrong place first then it arrives 3 days late missing a rim and tires.... Well now its not my fault nor the guy who bought them and ups keeps telling me to have the buyer deal with it...and they keep telling him that the claim form should be at the store where i shipped them out of....(which they also have nothing to do with it....i just used them as a location to ship from) . What should we do....i know that people (including owners of UPS stores) have told me to just keep harassing them....but i mean they are just pushing around the little guys....ya know.
At least he only had to get another tire then he still had a set (thank god) but that still doens't mean that its fair or right....please guys help the buyer out with some good info....and me also
Dave
Old Nov 1, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

didnt u put insurance on it
Old Nov 1, 2004, 03:53 PM
Account Disabled

they said it wouldn't have mattered but i don't think it did as they were only going to cover it for up to $1000 total or something for the class of shipping it was...i am not sure the specifics on that...but either way its still not changing the fact that they dropped the ball
Old Nov 1, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolving Member

Exclamation

We ship a couple hundred packages a day via UPS. It seems the standard response is always to deny the claim. You will need to get the problem to a level or two above the customer service person. Get them to send out an inspector.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 04:35 PM
Evolved Member

Damn Dave sorry to hesr about this. Take it up the freakin ladder and take names and tiimes you talk t people. I had an incident on a PJ that took 1 month, but finally got resolved after me hounding them.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 04:39 PM
Account Disabled

they said they were doing what they normally do in situations like this...they questioned me and i believe the buyer....then they said it would take a week to check out the situation
but it took way longer and then they just said that even though it went to the wrong location it wasn't their fault
Old Nov 1, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

I think that you may have a lawsuit on your hands here, give'em hell
Old Nov 1, 2004, 05:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sspeed
We ship a couple hundred packages a day via UPS. It seems the standard response is always to deny the claim. You will need to get the problem to a level or two above the customer service person. Get them to send out an inspector.
I agree.
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

keep at 'em
Old Nov 1, 2004, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

dave, i hear what you are saying. I got real pissed at ups today. The boost controller that you mailed me was set to get here last friday. Well i waited and waited and ended up leaving saturday with out the package coming. So i checked the ups website and they said they had tried to deliver it at 130, yet no one rang the doorbell, knocked, called the manager, buzzed me to let me know someone was here or anything and ups said that they go by what the driver says, not the receiver. Anywho i got it today but it wasn't the same driver as friday so i couldn't ask him what was up. And this isn't the first time this has happened, i bought something from another user on here and ups did the same thing with no knocking or anything and delivered it the next day. So yeah something is really fishy with ups.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

What should i do about this missing wheel and tire? UPS is playing games!!!
Old Nov 8, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolving Member

bump
Old Nov 8, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bend 'em over!
Old Nov 8, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

You should always put enough insurance on the package to cover your investment. When the box arrived, and was missing parts, you should have denied the package saying it was damaged (if it looked like it was opened, and tampered with). It would have been easier to work out a claim then.

You can still get something... keep working on them, and keep asking for managers. Just keep stickin it to them, but try to work with just one person, if you keep getting different people, it won't be as effective.

Good luck
Old Nov 9, 2004, 03:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by prostreetonline
You should always put enough insurance on the package to cover your investment. When the box arrived, and was missing parts, you should have denied the package saying it was damaged (if it looked like it was opened, and tampered with). It would have been easier to work out a claim then.

You can still get something... keep working on them, and keep asking for managers. Just keep stickin it to them, but try to work with just one person, if you keep getting different people, it won't be as effective.

Good luck
Thanks for your advice.