Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

moisture in headlights

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2004, 11:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
moisture in headlights

now that winter is coming up, ive noticed that theres moisture inside my headlights after driving around. im pretty sure this isnt normal, but did any of you guys have this problem? i did not notice this until my friend mentioned it.
im planning to take it to the dealer.
btw, my car is like 99.9% stock, besides a turbo timer.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 12:24 AM
Evolving Member

i wouldnt say its not normal, its just moisture, you can get some rubber sealant and seal any missed spots you can see. i had some moisture when i sealed my left headlight when i black housed my lights. but all i did was remove the light bulbs and used a blow dryer and just adjust the temp inside and out to remove the moisture, and then placed the bulbs back in place, never had moisture again. but im sure there are other ways to deal with this. i guess you could try and warm up the inside by turning on the headlight.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:58 AM
Evolved Member

WOW this even happens without blacking out the headlights? Now I feel better, mine started to do that after my headlight got blackd out, but I thought it was because I had not sealed it right. I guess even out of the BOx they fog up>>> :?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 07:40 AM
Evolving Member

If you look on the back of the headlight, you'll see 4 vents if I remember correctly. They are vented, so once moisture builds up it has a way of escaping. The problem is when moisture gets past sealant (like my drivers side taillight) and has no way to get out.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 02:37 PM

this happened in my dsm, and i just resealed the fixture and it fixed the problem
Old Nov 2, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolved Member

bring it to the dealer, it will be free and it will be fixed correctly...