Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Slammed into a curb

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2004, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ha man... I only read bad story with MR and 05" Evo.... ACD not working properly or what?

Go slowly wiith your new baby!

Last edited by HxllxMan; Nov 5, 2004 at 01:48 PM.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 01:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HxllxMan
ha man... I only read bad story with MR and 05" Evo.... ACD not working properly or what?
That's the problem! People think AWD and fancy electronic diffs will get them out of trouble. So they get in over their heads.

Emre
Old Nov 5, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

i have 04 Evo, no fancy ACD, i'm just used to power-understeer of the integra, not power-oversteer. from what i remember, that kid said he was trying to avoid a deer or something? may or may not be true, it's all in the past. as long as only inanimate things get damaged and ppl learn from it...
Old Nov 5, 2004, 05:51 PM

Sorry to hear about your situation man, just try and learn from it. Oh by the way is that a Harley ford next to your car?? Those things are sick!!!
Old Nov 5, 2004, 08:41 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
there's no problems with the MR, people jsut need to learn how to drive.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EFIxMR
there's no problems with the MR, people just need to learn how to drive.
True. I've had my evo for 18 months now and my tires or wheel have never touched or hit the curb. I'm not saying that I'm a perfect driver but I am very careful and always pay attention when it comes to driving my car. Hope you able to fix your car right away. Take extra cafeful next time.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 09:37 PM
Evolved Member

learn to drive bish
Old Nov 5, 2004, 10:14 PM
Evolved Member

fix it and then give it to me, n00b
Old Nov 6, 2004, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Livin4cars
Sorry to hear about your situation man, just try and learn from it. Oh by the way is that a Harley ford next to your car?? Those things are sick!!!
That is a harley next to me in the garage.. It's pretty qucik too has a 100hp chip. This weekend were putting Infinity Speakers all around and a tv in it.. I'll post some pics when were done
Old Nov 7, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nobody mentioned that the stock tires are just about hideous in the rain...They are excellent in the dry, but I have rarely driven on a worse tire in the rain (referring to new tires of course)... I forgot who said it, but the ABS sensor is right near the wheel I believe so you probably damaged it. I cant imagine it being cheap to replace though.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

2GDSM:

are the tires really THAT horrible in the rain? i haven't had much time behind the wheel in the rain, since i've had my car for about 1 and a half months. are you talking about hydroplaning or even just driving at relatively low speeds on wet surface? i have dunlop sp 8000 on my integra and they were ok in the rain, but after 1/2 tread wore off, they are now just as crappy in the rain as any generic pep-boys tires. is this true for advans also? thanks
my friend's buddy had an evo before. he sold it 'cause he "wasn't impressed with the AWD" after he slid into the curb in the rain and in the snow. obviously the car here is NOT to blame, it's all about tires and you can't expect dry tire to grip in the snow. no matter how fancy the AWD drivetrain is, it's like ice skating without ice skates.
Old Nov 7, 2004, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The car really isnt much without the tires... especially in the rain/snow. I havent had my Evo long enough to take it through the snow, but I have taken my GSX in the snow and the tires make a big difference. IMO, the OEM Evo tires are excellent in the dry but are below average in the wet. Hydroplaning is to be expected with such an agressive tire, but I think they are pretty slick even with wet roads that have no standing water. You take some and you lose some. I dont really like to drive my evo in the rain too much, i just stick to my TSX with all-weather tires. There are hundreds of people on these boards that use the OEM's in the rain without issue, including me, but you just have to be very very careful. The car can only do so much, if its wet outside, you're gonna be prone to slide all over the place and the Evo has a much higher tendency to lose its back end in the rain than most people who drive normal honda's etc., are used to.