Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Slammed into a curb

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slammed into a curb

My brand new MR less than 1000 miles on it... can around a corner a little to fast today, spun out and slammed in to a crub hit both driver side wheels... Took it to a shop had it looked at nothing was bent but it was out of alignment so I had it aligned. But my abs is the problrm now, the light is on and there is some noises coming from the abs unit when rolling and it gets louder when the brakes are applied.. Just wonder if anyone has has any abs experience or might have an idea on what could be wrong..
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

ouch!!! man i had an experience like that too, speeding is bad, hahaha. yeah i went into a turn too fast at 80mph at an intersection.... i over compensated the turn and scraped my left front rim, since in in NZ it would be considered the passenger side. it sounded really bad when it hit, but when i got home it was just a light scrap and looked like a bad parking job. didnt spin out, i had control but i just didnt turn the wheel in the other direction fast enough. but its fixed up, with some cleaning sanding and putty and some paint, then a wheel balance. but yeah, haha i can really close to major damage, just glad no one got hurt and no cops were around and no one to follow me home and report me. haha. yeah that was enough accident like material for me. stay safe, dont want another MR case like that kid with the white MR looking all "gangster" and stuff hahaha wrecked it with only 90miles on it.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks man.......alot of people are crashing there 05s .......I was at my dealer the other day and i asked them if they had any MRs. They said they got one in and sold it the same day and the guy totaled it THE SAME DAY. You need to respect this car!!!!!
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
everyone seems to have trouble with their new mr! mayb something is wrong with abs or alignment from factory
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

- only 998 perfect MR's left (as of know that I know of)
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by YellowFever
- only 998 perfect MR's left (as of know that I know of)
didnt kno they only brought 1000 MRs to america . oh well, just gotta wait til the IX's.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by djmikeymike
that sucks man.......alot of people are crashing there 05s .......I was at my dealer the other day and i asked them if they had any MRs. They said they got one in and sold it the same day and the guy totaled it THE SAME DAY. You need to respect this car!!!!!
Jesus crist, people need to tone it down with there MRs
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:35 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
that's 997 MR's left in US that's in good shape.

Why don't you have a good mechanic ( I didn't say a dealer, but someone who knows how to work on evo's and especially MR's) take a look at it and tell you what's wrong with the problem? Then have the insurance fix it?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:35 PM

not saying that I wasint speeding, but it was wet and I was experimenting with the acd, had it in gravel mode, it's like a rear wheel drive car i learned, and I have no experience with rear wheel drive.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:38 PM
Evolving Member

i believe if you look in the manual, the acd function, tarmac is for dry street, gravel is for dirt, and wet conditions, so you were in the "right" setting...anybody?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

i think someone posted that the acd ratios are as follows: front/rear: tarmac is 25:75, gravel is 50:50 and snow is 75:25.
Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by alby988
everyone seems to have trouble with their new mr! mayb something is wrong with abs or alignment from factory
The only people having problems with their MRs are the people who are crashing them....
Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

that sucks what were you doing driving a new car so hard didn't anyone tell you about the break in period?
Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sorry to hear - i thought my accident was bad

Old Nov 2, 2004, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Sentinal
that sucks what were you doing driving a new car so hard didn't anyone tell you about the break in period?
what is your recommended break in period?

Quick Reply: Slammed into a curb