Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

steering wheel position

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
steering wheel position

I know this is a asinine question but I was just driving around and wondering how everyone has there steering wheel positioned? What I mean is do you have it sitting so that you can look over the top or is it sitting so you can look threw it? The reason I ask is one I just kinnda thought to ask and two I can never see my gauges, being 6,1' (not super tall but not short) seems to keep me from seeing the gauges at any comfortable position. I have to sit the wheel down on my lap or have it so high I feel like im driving a semi.

Just wondering how everyone has there set.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

At 6'2 I set it so I can look "through", but I would really love a "telescopic" steering wheel to adjust the close/far as well as the up/down tilt. Does anybody know if steering wheel spacers are available to achieve something like this (with the stock Momo steering wheel)?
Old Nov 8, 2004, 01:13 PM
Evolved Member

In order to look threw it I asume it is sitting way up, or your reclined back a good bit.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

You should tilt the wheel as low as possible, without blocking your view of the gauges. It will decrease the likelihood that the airbag will hit your face and cause serious injury.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 01:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by g6civcx
You should tilt the wheel as low as possible, without blocking your view of the gauges. It will decrease the likelihood that the airbag will hit your face and cause serious injury.
thats what I would think..its just hard to see the gauges.. blah.
Old Nov 8, 2004, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have mine set to where the top of the wheel kinda matches up with the top of the tach. Yeah, it kinda blocks 60-80 on the speedo, but I can tell how fast I'm going with the tach (70mph is about 3k).