Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Colin McRae Rally '05 for X-Box is hott!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Colin McRae Rally '05 for X-Box is hott!

Yo,

I just got this game and it is unreal! If you like racing games, you will love this! Its got a whole bunch of tight cars including the evo 8 and wrx. The graphics are simply incredible. The gameplay is just so realistic and the damage modeling is insane! I can't say enough about this game. Go get it NOW!

~fred
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:42 PM

Nfsu 2
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:43 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up Colin McRae '05 rules

I'm totally with you dude. Been playing the game for about a month now and it totally rocks. Very nice setup options for the car, decent damage model, very good stages, improved graphics and xbox live support.

Hehe, look for Ludikraut on the stage high scores ... I think I still got a top 5 somewhere with my Evo

l8r)
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
I'm totally with you dude. Been playing the game for about a month now and it totally rocks. Very nice setup options for the car, decent damage model, very good stages, improved graphics and xbox live support.

Hehe, look for Ludikraut on the stage high scores ... I think I still got a top 5 somewhere with my Evo

l8r)
Is it better than '04? I think that game is simply not fun.

d
Old Nov 12, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

I haven't played 04, but I dont think there is anyway you couldnt like this game. It's just that good.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:00 AM
UFO
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
Is it better than '04? I think that game is simply not fun.

d
It's not much different than '04 really. I did, however, enjoy '04 and I don't think you'll like '05 if you didn't like the previous incarnation.

Has anybody played Richard Burns Rally? You can drive an Evo in that too but it has one huge flaw: It's insanely difficult. The physics are more real world in it and you have to induce oversteer by throttle lift, Scandanavian flick, or braking; all of which Richard teaches you. It's really really difficult to drive fast in the game and you have to brake earlier than in most 'simulations.' I don't think I've driven a single stage in that game without going off the road. It's a cool game, just very hard to control the car. Might be easier with a steering wheel, but I don't have one .
Old Nov 12, 2004, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UFO
It's not much different than '04 really. I did, however, enjoy '04 and I don't think you'll like '05 if you didn't like the previous incarnation.

Has anybody played Richard Burns Rally? You can drive an Evo in that too but it has one huge flaw: It's insanely difficult. The physics are more real world in it and you have to induce oversteer by throttle lift, Scandanavian flick, or braking; all of which Richard teaches you. It's really really difficult to drive fast in the game and you have to brake earlier than in most 'simulations.' I don't think I've driven a single stage in that game without going off the road. It's a cool game, just very hard to control the car. Might be easier with a steering wheel, but I don't have one .

Yes, I am playing RBR right now. CMR05 (0x for that matter) absolutely blows compared to RBR. And I've played CMR 1-5.

RBR is insane, the best racing game I have ever played. And I've played a lot of them. The tarmac stages are simply phenomenal. Beating RB in the challenge mode is a treat in itself. But when you do, it feels good I just beat him by 5 seconds in the Cote d'Arbroz tarmac stage last night (with the Evo 7).
Old Nov 12, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC4ever
Yes, I am playing RBR right now. CMR05 (0x for that matter) absolutely blows compared to RBR. And I've played CMR 1-5.

RBR is insane, the best racing game I have ever played. And I've played a lot of them. The tarmac stages are simply phenomenal. Beating RB in the challenge mode is a treat in itself. But when you do, it feels good I just beat him by 5 seconds in the Cote d'Arbroz tarmac stage last night (with the Evo 7).
Sweet, I'll have to check out RBR. Sounds awesome. Although to really drive fast (not to beat the game, but to do well online) in CMR is also not that easy, but when you pull it off, it's soo sweet.

... but for now it's Halo 2 time

l8r)
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:41 PM
Evolved Member

Where can you get RBR, the few places that I checked don't sell it.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:44 PM
Evolving Member

I bought it from http://www.gogamer.com
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolving Member

yeah colin is a great series and I'm really happy that they are bringing out more and more rally games to the US each year. Hopefully they'll start bring the WRC games back.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ludikraut
... but for now it's Halo 2 time

l8r)
That's what i'm saying.Halo2 owns my soul at the moment.

...and in just a short while, GT4.

d
Old Nov 12, 2004, 12:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WRC4ever
I bought it from http://www.gogamer.com
Thanks, what about the console version? I'm not much of a PC gamer.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 02:40 PM
Evolved Member

i have both mcrae 03 and 04, i didnt even know that 05 was out. the first two seemed to be lacking a few things, but i really enjoyed both. is mcrae 4 as good as rallisport challenge 2. even though they are way different, are the graffics comparable, and the style of gameplay. if they are close i am off to get this game tonight.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

[pause] Halo 2 ...

Ok, this may net me some flames, but ... IMO ... Rallisport 2 sucks big time!!! The first Rallisport was ok, but I've never liked the way the cars handle ... just not realistic at all, and RS2 did nothing to improve this. If anything it's worse. IMO Rallisport is very "arcady", whereas CMR gives you a much better feel for the car and has decent models for how different the FWD vs. AWD vs. RWD cars handle. Graphics on CMR '05 are closer to Rallisport than before, but the scenery is still better in Rallisport.

[resume] ... Halo 2

l8r)