Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: What color seems to be most common for the MR?
Red
2.12%
Grey
81.78%
Silver
9.75%
White
6.36%
Voters: 236. You may not vote on this poll

MR Production Numbers by Color

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2004, 01:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MR Production Numbers by Color

I was wondering if anyone had a production breakdown of the 2005 MR by color. It seems to be the common opinion that there was 1000 of the MRs produced, I was wondering if anyone knew what the breakdown by color was. And, just for fun, if you have a MR, or see a lot of them, drop a vote on which color you think is the most common, and maybe we can at least get an idea if we can't get the actual numbers. Thanks.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 02:24 AM

id have to say grey. everybody wanted the grey color, and im sure mitsu knew this.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 04:32 AM

Yeah, I noticed that too. I also see a lot of white ones for sale, and of course silver. I'm always seeing (well, when I do see them, which isn't actually that oftain) silver Evos. They seem to be more common than most. I got a red one because I liked that color, and that seemed to be pretty hard to come upon also. I almost never see them for sale. But that's probably because they're getting bought up all the time too Anyway ... cool, keep it comin'.

BTW, Loving the new Evo. Really sweet, can't wait to finish the break in period so I can go over 5 grand :-p. Actually, I probably can wait, every moment of it is heaven.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 04:38 AM
Evolved Member

My Dad's MR is white, so I voted white. I think most of them are grey though

EDIT- congratulations on your new car gunslinger! enjoy it! The MR is a beast to drive, I love it My dad is waiting to fully break his in also, we can't wait!
Old Nov 12, 2004, 05:31 AM

I think the gray seems to to be the most common only because they are selling first....

When I bought mine in gray the dealer had 14 MRs....only 2 were gray, and they sold both while I was there....once the grays are gone we will see more of the other colors...

Red was my second choice

It would be nice to know the actual numbers though....
Old Nov 12, 2004, 05:32 AM

I had just missed the cutoff period to have my MR ordered, so when they started hitting the dealerships mine spent a LOT of time trying to find me a red one. (I think the red Evo's look sharp, plus I had to make sure it matches my GSX)

When I stopped down the one night, he showed me pages and pages of gray MR's. I forget what the other common color was (might have been silver), but gray seemed to be by far the most popular for MR's.

Red was by far the least common color for an MR.

- 2005 Evo MR, Rally Red.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

I voted silver because it seems to be the most common color for a lot of Mitsubishi's vehicles. There definitely seems to be more silver Evo's, Lancers, and Eclipses on the road--at least where I am. I have absolutely no facts to back my statement up, though. My dealer does have two silver MR's on the lot, and, while I was there, there was a gray one that was sold. Still haven't seen red or white.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For some reason all the MR's I have ever seen are white. I think they are making a lot of white ones.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Mine is white and mine is the only one I have ever seen, so that makes my choice simple enough.
Old Nov 12, 2004, 08:28 AM

well here a lil ways north of dallas, our mistibushi dealership doesn't have an EVO so i highly doubt their going to get an mr
so to dallas it is to buy one...if they still have any left wen i decide my purchase
i've seen 2 evos in my life
one black one silver
Old Nov 12, 2004, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

I like the white MR.Dont like the gray at all.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 09:27 AM

Hey, thanks for the good responses. I remember when I was first dealing with a dealership, I wanted the grey one and they said something like "Bleh Bleh, we've already sold 2 grey ones, you better get your patootie down here and buy this before it EvApOrAtEs."

Not too long after that I decided that I would rather have Red (just personal preference, nothing to do with rarity) and he said "Red? Jeeze, we're still trying to figure out if a red MR exists."

And btw, thanks eclipsegs2k1, this car is like nothing else.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Apex Silver
Old Nov 13, 2004, 12:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
For some reason all the MR's I have ever seen are white. I think they are making a lot of white ones.
your an a$$!! you just said that cause mine is white.
Old Nov 13, 2004, 05:04 PM

grey, for sure

Quick Reply: MR Production Numbers by Color