Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

In a bit of a dilemma MR vs. GSR

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2004, 01:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MR is far far better than EVO 8,get sunroof,no need stero package,that you can do your own style
Old Nov 14, 2004, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah man, just buy one, they're sweet
Old Nov 14, 2004, 04:25 AM
Evolving Member

I bet insurance on the MR is almost identical to the GSR. Both will be very very high for you (depending on where you live expect to pay $2000 per year) If money is tight for you then why not wait a few years?

The MR and the GSR are equal crash risks IMHO both are high performance cars that only should be brought to their limits at the track. Unfortunately many unexperienced or immature drivers don't realize this, hence the large number of destroyed Evos.

My advice to you is get a used Civic Si. It is low horsepower, good handling, reliable and fun to drive. Every young enthusiast driver makes mistakes and damages cars; wouldn't you rather do it with a cheap car than a car of your dreams?

There is nothing worse than still making payments on a car you have wrecked.

Peace,
Alan
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by 00R101
I bet insurance on the MR is almost identical to the GSR. Both will be very very high for you (depending on where you live expect to pay $2000 per year) If money is tight for you then why not wait a few years?

The MR and the GSR are equal crash risks IMHO both are high performance cars that only should be brought to their limits at the track. Unfortunately many unexperienced or immature drivers don't realize this, hence the large number of destroyed Evos.

My advice to you is get a used Civic Si. It is low horsepower, good handling, reliable and fun to drive. Every young enthusiast driver makes mistakes and damages cars; wouldn't you rather do it with a cheap car than a car of your dreams?

Peace,
Alan
well said. very true.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 00R101

Peace,
Alan

Agreed!
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:30 AM
Evolved Member

If your thinking of getting the GSR with leather and sun get the MR for the same money the MR is a better car. I would get the GSR without the leather and sun and spend the money on mods.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:41 AM
Evolved Member

Holy sh$tload of miles Batman!

Pimping ain't easy nowadays, tell da biatches to work closer so you don't have to drive so far to pick up your money.

Put da money towards your edumacation or you will turn out like me...broke as a joke.

How bout you give me da $40 grand and I will give it back to you when you get out of skool and it will be $60 grand and you can buy an EVO XII w/ $20 grand in mods....hmmm sounds tempting right, lol.

Last edited by SPANKED; Nov 14, 2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:42 AM
Evolving Member

Parents are allowing me to stay on there insurance. Which is why I am even considering it in the first place. I already talked to insurance and its only 11 dollars more a month to insure it over my bronco. Well I have to wait for a little bit to get my down payment in order so I have 2-3 weeks to think about it. Since my credit is not strong enough to buy the car out right Im going to come up with about 9000 to put down.

Last edited by hunterkiller; Nov 14, 2004 at 09:45 AM.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

If I had to drive 700-1400 miles a week I wouldnt have a EVO to do it in.You could buy another new car to drive and it would still cost you less than the gas is going to driving that far in a EVO.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

That was for work. Just showing that I drive alot. So basically I would only drive it after a long tiring day of work.``
Old Nov 14, 2004, 10:05 AM
Evolving Member

Oh,my bad.I read it wrong.Id find a dealer with both in stock and drive them both and then decide.Get whatever you like.Your only young once so put yourself in debt for a little while.LOL.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

Well there are a few things that I have to do in order to get my car. Just pay off all of my credit cards. Which will be done as soon as I am paid by my pops.

Im just pleading that putting 8000 down and making around 34,500 a year I can get a loan. Which shouldnt be that big of a problem or at least I hope its not.

Ohh and to the guy above I would put it towards education but it is already paid for by the help of my grandparents and parents.

Last edited by hunterkiller; Nov 14, 2004 at 02:16 PM.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 02:46 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Get the MR. The 6sp will be nice for hi-way cruise and will save $ on gas if you speed. The MR also has a nicer ride and comes in grey . If you ever decide to auto X or anything the aluminum roof, lighter wheels, and bilisteins will help. It also comes with a boost guage which you will need and MSRP vs MSRP it's no comparason that the MR is a far better deal!
Old Nov 14, 2004, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Now I just hope I can get financing.
Old Nov 14, 2004, 11:55 PM
Evolved Member

first of all
you are in the teens so car is a good image to represent you
and you do have to think this is your daily driver
a car you enjoy to drive
for myself i would go for the gsr cuz of the leather sunroof it looks better and more classy
an mr just gets attention could get you in troulbe from pick up races
not saying you race on the street just cuz you are young when ppl push you around you just might not hold your temper