Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Car & Driver specs of new EVO...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2002, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree.....it did turn into a crapfest.... I am partially to blame.... i will stuck by my guns that some options shouldn't really matter...... but I said it enough times above

Originally posted by RaX

Exactly! This thread has turned to crap real fast.
Old Dec 7, 2002, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Guys, whether you like the idea of AYC or ACD is one thing. But the fact that Mitusbishi will supposedly offer them "down the road as options", doesn't that annoy anybody else? Why don't they go ahead and offer them on the car now, so as to please their biggest supporters? If they don't offer them now, I'd like to know if it'd be possible to have a dealership mechanic install one later, or will this only be available from the factory.

I just hate to see a car come out, get newer stuff 8 months later, nav next year, then be redesigned the year after. It's bull! I know car companies must continuously change to satisfy customers, but the last several years have been rediculous! The changes are happening WAY too frequently! Look at the Z4 roadster. Only came available in 4 colors for the intitial run. Just now able to order more.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 04:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally posted by Tuxedo Cartman
Guys, whether you like the idea of AYC or ACD is one thing. But the fact that Mitusbishi will supposedly offer them "down the road as options", doesn't that annoy anybody else? Why don't they go ahead and offer them on the car now, so as to please their biggest supporters? If they don't offer them now, I'd like to know if it'd be possible to have a dealership mechanic install one later, or will this only be available from the factory.
I believe that they are waiting for the STi arrival and features that are going to be "enabled"

Since has at least one extra electronic gadgets (AYC is the one I think, since they both have ACD), they believe they can wait and counter the current WRX now, and use the rest after the arrival of the STi.

Mr. AWD
Old Dec 8, 2002, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

Maybe mitsu is just cutting out those options to meet a price point and i think it is smart personally. I can probably afford an evo at 28 grand but at 33 grand it would really start to be pushing it.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

Its not really smart though. They seem to think price point is the driving force, but my whole reasoning for buying the EVO is top performance, not whether the car is 30 or 35k. I am quite sure that Mitsubishi can sell 5000 cars even if they are 35k as long as they come with everything.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 06:09 PM
Evolved Member

Another problem in the current (at least the one that seem to be used now) strategy is the price and goodies that you would get over the current WRX. If it ends up around the $29k, that is already a $5k more than the current WRX. For that, you get better seats, brakes and a bigger turbo with more power. I also believe that EVO will be more responsive than the current WRX.

Now, since WRX got a face lift elsewhere, one should be due here too and that one could have a few extra things in there too. Maybe a little bigger turbo other than the TDO4. If they do that, than will be really in trouble, since that $5k extra wouldn't really give you a good payout. Add some of the money that will go to the dealer mark-up and things get even worse...

Mr. AWD

Last edited by MrAWD; Dec 8, 2002 at 06:12 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2002, 06:14 PM
In Timeout

Originally posted by MrAWD
Another problem in the current (at least the one that seem to be used now) strategy is the price and goodies that you would get over the current WRX. If it ends up around the $29k, that is already a $5k more than the current WRX. For that, you get better seats, brakes and a bigger turbo with more power. I also believe that EVO will be more responsive than the current WRX.

Now, since WRX got a face lift elsewhere, one should be due here too and that one could have a few extra things in there too. Maybe a little bigger turbo other than the TDO4. If they do that, than will be really in trouble, since that $5k extra wouldn't really give you a good payout. Add some of the money that will go to the dealer mark-up and things get even worse...

Mr. AWD
true ture 5k /a wrx with aftermarket parts would much better

maybe mitsu just holding out to counter sti
Old Dec 8, 2002, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by NismoSkylineGTR

true ture 5k /a wrx with aftermarket parts would much better

maybe mitsu just holding out to counter sti
Well, less then a four weeks to finally find out!!!

Can't wait!!

Mr. AWD
Old Dec 9, 2002, 09:45 AM

I myself will hold off putting a down payment for an EVO. Just like many of us here. I will wait until the official unvailing of the car.
Old Dec 9, 2002, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Evos have been popular because they have a great performance bang for the buck. At $35k, it's no longer a good deal, considering the WRX is at $23k.
The new WRX is supposed to have the full Impreza bucket seats, not as nice as the Recaros but better than the current seats.

But the current spec Evo at $28k would be awesome! It comes with the FMIC, and the yummy hood vents! I love hood vents, all cars should have hood vents.
Actually, i noticed that a lot of old american cars have small hood vents too