Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade in for srt4 or evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I too believe that stock vs stock the SRT4 can pull on the EVO on a roll, but not by as much as that video shows. That video made the EVO like it was standing still. However, even from a DIG, that video still shows that SRT4 pull on the EVO like it was standing still. So please, I ask again, either that driver can't drive or the "lightly modded" SRT4 is doing 12s. Please tell me which is it.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 34Turbo
Oh, and what do you think the top speed for a SRT-4 is... I took mine to 154 the second day I had my EVO... So the SRT-4 will loose from any roll on, on technicality...
i havent tried maxing my speed yet but i think its almost near 150's-it might be greater than 154....
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alias
I too believe that stock vs stock the SRT4 can pull on the EVO on a roll, but not by as much as that video shows. That video made the EVO like it was standing still. However, even from a DIG, that video still shows that SRT4 pull on the EVO like it was standing still. So please, I ask again, either that driver can't drive or the "lightly modded" SRT4 is doing 12s. Please tell me which is it.
evo driver cant drive or that darn thing was staged.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ap-evo83
put on slicks, it might. great daily driver dude and gas mileage is quite the same.you will miss the evo's handling so much though.these car drive like boats-heavy on the front end.
I would be quite impressed and would seriously buy one for a daily driver and for a drag. However, I haven't seen any slips from anywhere that can show me a stage 1 SRT4 doing 12s.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

go to the srt4 forums.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alias
So you are telling me that the "lightly modded" SRT4 can do 12s then?? All I know is that a stock EVO does mid 13s. With that type of pull on the EVO, don't tell me that the "lightly modded" SRT4 is still doing 13s.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, the SRT4 is a great car. I would totally buy it. But unless that EVO driver can't drive, then that SRT4 is doing 12s. So please please SRT4 owners, tell me that a lightly modded (stage 1??) can do 12s. If so, I am buying one. No seriously, I plan on getting another car soon. And if a stage 1 SRT4 can do 12s, I know which car to get for my daily driver.
Hey did you forget that the main advantage the Evo has is not power but AWD? You know what kind of times a lightly modded SRT could pull with 1.6-1.7 60 fts? Mid 12's my friend.

Without AWD in a stock Evo its a high 13, low 14 second car. 271 hp ain't shiat without it.

And yes your dream has come true. A Stage 1 car with AGP wga, 3" exhaust and drag radials can do 12's.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Red face

Originally Posted by evo77
Easy there big boy. Last thing anybody needs is some e-thug making threats about how they are "bigger" like your gonna whip somebodies ***.

There is a bunch of SRT's from the VA area. Want to put your money where you mouth is? How about I make a thread about somebody meeting up with you to race from a ROLL?
1) Mine is not stock...
2) I have yet to loose to a SRT-4
3) For every highly modded SRT-4 there is a highly modded EVO that will kill it...
4) I don't need to whoop your *** in any shape or form... You'll find a way to get that on your own...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:39 PM
Evolved Member

I am sure that in the video, the SRT4 driver had drag radials huh??? Probably not!!! But wait, that SRT4 driver was still pulling on that evo like it was standing still or doing 12s.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo77
Hey did you forget that the main advantage the Evo has is not power but AWD? You know what kind of times a lightly modded SRT could pull with 1.6-1.7 60 fts? Mid 12's my friend.

Without AWD in a stock Evo its a high 13, low 14 second car. 271 hp ain't shiat without it.

And yes your dream has come true. A Stage 1 car with AGP wga, 3" exhaust and drag radials can do 12's.

Is yours not considered a lighly modded SRT??? So you are telling me you can do 12s, on the street like that "lightly modded" SRT??? By the way, what mod do you have on your car? Thanks.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolved Member

First off watch what you say... I am probably older than you and I know I am twice your size. Second off this is an EVO forum so yes I am and EVO fan... Third off, I know what I am talking about because I have practically done every type of street racing with every type of vehicle possible stock and modded so I know for a FACT that the Evo will win. And finally, and listen to this one good; the weight difference in the two vehicles will not make up for the HP and Torque difference respectively. You say that Dodge is being conservative?? Look at the quarter mile times for any tested stock EVO and you will find out that the engine has no less than 300HP at the crank, and nearly that much for Torque... Now go to your nearest Mitsu dealer and apologize for making false claims...
Hey e-thug...I'm 6'3" 240 and 28 years old so unclench your fists, put your bobo back in your pants, relax and learn something from somebody who's driven both cars. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because this forum is your sole source for info. If you want to believe you drive the end-all of performance then by all means do not venture outside of this forum. That's how car forums are...a place to reaffirm the faith in the car you purchased.

However, traction and traction alone is the reason why an Evo puts down such impressive 1/4 mile times. I don't give a flying f*ck if you're Bobby Hahal, you are dead wrong if you think an Evo can walk away from an SRT-4 on a freeway roll. I mean LOL...it's all we have...and it ain't much...so at least give us that. Why would I make that up? The 2.4L in the SRT-4 in an extremely torquey motor because of the stroke. Where is lacks in hp it makes up in raw twisting power. Hence the relatively low 6k RPM redline. You obviously know nothing about that motor or that car. Please educate yourself if you wanna bash. Plenty of things to bash about the SRT-4...call it wrong wheel rive...call it a rental car...call it an econobox...I don't care....but don't misrepresent the rolling advantage of a 2900lb car with 230hp/250tq at the wheels and only two little front wheel drive pizza cutters to spin.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

1) Mine is not stock...
2) I have yet to loose to a SRT-4
3) For every highly modded SRT-4 there is a highly modded EVO that will kill it...
4) I don't need to whoop your *** in any shape or form... You'll find a way to get that on your own...
there will always be a faster car than yours and mine.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
Hey e-thug...I'm 6'3" 240 and 28 years old so unclench your fists, put your bobo back in your pants, relax and learn something from somebody who's driven both cars. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because this forum is your sole source for info. If you want to believe you drive the end-all of performance then by all means do not venture outside of this forum. That's how car forums are...a place to reaffirm the faith in the car you purchased.

However, traction and traction alone is the reason why an Evo puts down such impressive 1/4 mile times. I don't give a flying f*ck if you're Bobby Hahal, you are dead wrong if you think an Evo can walk away from an SRT-4 on a freeway roll. I mean LOL...it's all we have...and it ain't much...so at least give us that. Why would I make that up? The 2.4L in the SRT-4 in an extremely torquey motor because of the stroke. Where is lacks in hp it makes up in raw twisting power. Hence the relatively low 6k RPM redline. You obviously know nothing about that motor or that car. Please educate yourself if you wanna bash. Plenty of things to bash about the SRT-4...call it wrong wheel rive...call it a rental car...call it an econobox...I don't care....but don't misrepresent the rolling advantage of a 2900lb car with 230hp/250tq at the wheels and only two little front wheel drive pizza cutters to spin.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

You guys are morons. Listen to one of your own.

ap-evo83 has BOTH an Evo and a SRT and even HE says the srt will win from a roll.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Steiner

Yeah, and I am 25 6'00'' and 250 pounds with 10% body fat... So you tell me who will walk away from this train wreck... Here is one picture to feast on... http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos...8&uid=12643371 You got your story, and I have lived mine... The SRT will loose period...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:53 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, and I am 25 6'00'' and 250 pounds with 10% body fat... So you tell me who will walk away from this train wreck... Here is one picture to feast on... http://www.friendster.com/viewphotos...8&uid=12643371 You got your story, and I have lived mine... The SRT will loose period...

Quick Reply: trade in for srt4 or evo 8