Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade in for srt4 or evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2004, 02:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evo77
Mopar dreaming? Come on man get your head outta the sand.

The article you posted was in 2003 and everybody knows that things change.

You also fail to realize that we are talking about the SRT-4 NOT the neon (which will no longer be called a neon). The SRT-4 will most likely have a price tag to compensate for a RWD or AWD system. I'll take a stab at around 25k.

I like this quote: "The Lancer EVO will come to the US as a Dodge...". I bet this makes so many of you diehard Evo fans blood boil. Just face it, the SRT and Evo will be one in the same in SO many aspects.

That article is where those moparites got their hopes and dreams from, except that they changed the fact that the original intention is to continue with FWD. FWD is cheap to produce, and the neon is a cheap car. That's why it'll stay FWD.

And I'll go ahead and say that your never going to see an AWD/Turbo neon. It just wouldn't make sense. If you did, it would be an EVO with a tag on it calling it a neon. Which would make it, not a neon.

I'm not a die hard Mitsu fan at all, I hate Mitsubishis except the EVO. I buy best of breed.

Yeah, pretty much neons suck a$$.

The neon is a "cute" little car for girls.

And that's about it on the neon.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 02:55 PM
Evolving Member

Thing is, the EVO is a car that is practical, with a tried and true history in some of the world's harshest competative events(read WRC). And it can hang with the big boys (Porsche, BMW, Corvettes, etc.), and beat them lot of the time.

The SRT is a soupped-up econo-box.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 02:58 PM

Just face it, the SRT and Evo will be one in the same in SO many aspects.
The only aspect the Neon will ever be the same with the EVO, is straight line performance (if AWD was introduced to neon’s, BIG IF. Other then that never)

The EVO's looks-handling-engineering-quality-history-proven performance-and so much more will never be compared to a neon...

Bro the EVO is the kind of car they compare it with Super Cars (Ferrari, Porsche and etc)

The Neon will never be the same as the EVO!

Lower the monster truck SRT, nice rims and they look pretty clean. IMO

Best bang for the buck under 30g's EVO - under 20g's SRT!

ROCK ON!
<>< Daniel
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by RallyRedEVO
Thing is, the EVO is a car that is practical, with a tried and true history in some of the world's harshest competative events(read WRC). And it can hang with the big boys (Porsche, BMW, Corvettes, etc.), and beat them lot of the time.

The SRT is a soupped-up econo-box.
Sorry, hit submit before I saw your post...hehehehe...
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by steadfastEVO
Sorry, hit submit before I saw your post...hehehehe...

N/P

These SRT fools needs to recognize!

Last edited by RallyRedEVO; Nov 18, 2004 at 03:21 PM.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:42 PM
Account Disabled

lol it was just a question, obviously the choice is the evo 8 = )
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:44 PM
Account Disabled

Just saying that it's almost a sure bet that the neon will never be AWD, it would cost too much. No one would want to pay 30K for a neon. And it's not all that likely that it will stop being FWD, as being able to slap them together easily is one of the reasons it's a cheapo econo-box. Changing it to RWD would mean a complete redesign, and changing the assembly process completely. Not saying it won't happen, but seems unlikely for a car that fuels the Thrifty and Budget rental agencies of the world!

And correct me if I'm wrong, but the regular Lancer IS FWD. Besides, I wouldn't own a neon if it were AWD and ran 9.00 from the showroom floor! Cause it'd still be a neon! And neons are GAY!
I agree.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

That article is where those moparites got their hopes and dreams from, except that they changed the fact that the original intention is to continue with FWD. FWD is cheap to produce, and the neon is a cheap car. That's why it'll stay FWD.

And I'll go ahead and say that your never going to see an AWD/Turbo neon. It just wouldn't make sense. If you did, it would be an EVO with a tag on it calling it a neon. Which would make it, not a neon.

I'm not a die hard Mitsu fan at all, I hate Mitsubishis except the EVO. I buy best of breed.

Yeah, pretty much neons suck a$$.

The neon is a "cute" little car for girls.

And that's about it on the neon.
Reading comprehension > you

Did you catch the part about the Neon platform being discontinued? Well then did you catch the part about it's succesor (it won't be called a Neon) sharing a platform with the next generation Lancer? We're talking about SRT-4 here, not Neon. They aren't the same thing. 5 years from now PVO will be slapping an SRT-4 label on something else. Odds are it will be the same car Mitsubishi will be selling in Japan as an Evo. If you wanna start an Evo 8 vs. SRT-4 thread be my guest. But it's so fugging played out who really cares anymore except groovytang trying to start some $hit cuz he can't get any girls to visit his dorm room?
Old Nov 18, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by steadfastEVO
The only aspect the Neon will ever be the same with the EVO, is straight line performance (if AWD was introduced to neon’s, BIG IF. Other then that never)

The EVO's looks-handling-engineering-quality-history-proven performance-and so much more will never be compared to a neon...

Bro the EVO is the kind of car they compare it with Super Cars (Ferrari, Porsche and etc)

The Neon will never be the same as the EVO!

Lower the monster truck SRT, nice rims and they look pretty clean. IMO

Best bang for the buck under 30g's EVO - under 20g's SRT!

ROCK ON!
<>< Daniel

"The Lancer EVO will come to the US as a Dodge, with extensive Chrysler involvement in engineering in the two door version. The four door will be primarily worked on by Mitsubishi engineers, though members of the Neon ACR team are helping them, thanks to their strong rally and SCCA success. (The Neon traces its pedigree back to the Shelby Dodges, partly through John Fernandez)."

I'm not talking about the past and the Evo's roots and history, I'm talking about the future. The upcoming Evo X will be just as much a Chrylser as the SRT will be a Mitsu.

Like I said...they will be one in the same. And I will agree that you probably won't ever see an AWD SRT. That's because its going to be RWD like a true sports car.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 04:34 PM
Account Disabled

Steiner is switching from a srt 4 to an STI, he like the awd performance and here he is bashing an awd vehicle, hehe thats funny. The srt-4 is cheap, but it wasn't one of my choices for a trade in, More practical and fast , great handling is the evo 8 in my opinion.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 04:36 PM
Account Disabled

"The Lancer EVO will come to the US as a Dodge, with extensive Chrysler involvement in engineering in the two door version. The four door will be primarily worked on by Mitsubishi engineers, though members of the Neon ACR team are helping them, thanks to their strong rally and SCCA success. (The Neon traces its pedigree back to the Shelby Dodges, partly through John Fernandez)."

I'm not talking about the past and the Evo's roots and history, I'm talking about the future. The upcoming Evo X will be just as much a Chrylser as the SRT will be a Mitsu.

Like I said...they will be one in the same. And I will agree that you probably won't ever see an AWD SRT. That's because its going to be RWD like a true sports car.
Thats actually good news, Launching a fwd heh wasn't fun was it
Old Nov 18, 2004, 05:45 PM

I would def get a evo, srt-4's are nice but the evo imo is nicer.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 06:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by groovytang
Steiner is switching from a srt 4 to an STI, he like the awd performance and here he is bashing an awd vehicle, hehe thats funny. The srt-4 is cheap, but it wasn't one of my choices for a trade in, More practical and fast , great handling is the evo 8 in my opinion.
Where exactly did I bash the Evo. Please copy and past for simplicity's sake.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 07:03 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Wanabejdm
I would def get a evo, srt-4's are nice but the evo imo is nicer.
Totally agree.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 07:23 PM
Evolving Member

This is according the the article that you quoted from that MOPAR website. Yeah, that's reliable.
The REAL article doesn't say that at all.

Again, hopefull speculation on the part of moparites.

Real sports cars are RWD? Please, only in the land of NASCAR.

And, that's why I said it would no longer be a neon, because they would be totally redesigning it to be something completely different.

Man, basically if you like the SRT-4, horray for you. I don't, and this is an EVO site.

Last edited by RallyRedEVO; Nov 18, 2004 at 08:00 PM.

Quick Reply: trade in for srt4 or evo 8