Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade in for srt4 or evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by steadfastEVO

Evo has a 16-valve 4-cylinder (4g63) 2.0 271hp means one thing better engineering...

<>< Daniel
ROCK ON!

Sure if you mean having a slightly bigger turbo as a engineering feat....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

Dodge website: "SRT4's turbocharged and intercooled 2.4-liter double overhead camshaft (DOHC) 16-valve 4-cylinder engine produces an impressive 230 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque. Producing that kind of power from a 2.4-liter engine is one thing, but few could make it work day-in and day-out like SRT4."

Evo has a 16-valve 4-cylinder (4g63) 2.0 271hp means one thing better engineering...

<>< Daniel
ROCK ON!
Your only going by what you read, the srt-4 makes 260hp stock, it is underrated for insurance reasons.

A stock srt-4 puts 230hp to the wheels, whats a stock evo put to the wheels? I rest my case
Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by evo77
YOU FORGOT 2.4 VS 2.0....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:00 AM
Evolving Member

YOU FORGOT 2.4 VS 2.0....
Not really sure why you'd want a smaller motor? but ok....

You also forgot 20.3psi vs 13psi Seems like the srt-4 has more room to grow?

Big engineering feat there, turn up the boost

Last edited by omniphil; Nov 19, 2004 at 07:02 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:04 AM
Account Disabled

Stock 1/4:

Srt: 13.9-14.2

EVO: 13.08-13.2

The EVO is almost a sec faster then the SRT...how is that going to be a close race?????

Put a intake and full exhaust system on the Evo and you got a 12.5 sec car. (if you don't believe me I will be happy to post a link)

Put more then that on a srt and they are barly hitting 13.3's...

<>< Daniel
ROCK ON!
true dat, thats what i'm gonna do, full exhaust(downpipe/cat delete/catback) then a reflash, hopefully i'll run 12s
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

BS FLAG!

What is your definition of the two? A heavily modified SRT means turbo upgrade, fmic, 3" exhaust...the works. This means 400 hp monster with 120+ mph traps.

Against a Evo with what?

Fastest Times List below updated as of 11/13/04:

SRT = GAY

You = GAY
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:09 AM

Stock 1/4:

Srt: 13.9-14.2

EVO: 13.08-13.2

The EVO is almost a sec faster then the SRT...how is that going to be a close race?????

Put a intake and full exhaust system on the Evo and you got a 12.5 sec car. (if you don't believe me I will be happy to post a link)

Put more then that on a srt and they are barly hitting 13.3's...

<>< Daniel
ROCK ON!
It is so funny how they still have not made a comment on this post...
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by omniphil
Your only going by what you read, the srt-4 makes 260hp stock, it is underrated for insurance reasons.

A stock srt-4 puts 230hp to the wheels, whats a stock evo put to the wheels? I rest my case
The same if not a little more...

The Evo runs low 13's, whats a stock srt with 260hp put on the time slip? I rest my case...
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

The same if not a little more...

The Evo runs low 13's, whats a stock srt with 260hp put on the time slip? I rest my case...

Ok, since your stuck on drag racing and we know the AWD is what gives the advantage there, lets compare 1/4 time trap speeds? Who's faster now?

Lol, I love how you evo guys get so hurt by the srt-4, because its cheaper and it cant possibly beat you. I would guess someone got spanked by a srt-4 on the highway and got their ego hurt..

Why can you guy agree that both cars are awesome for what they are? If I got smoked by and evo on the drag strip, I would be like, wow, thats a cool car. And If i got smoked by one on the highway I would think the same thing, wow, thats a cool car. Are you guys bashing the srt-4 because you spend more money on your evo and you cant beat it in all speed contests? I guess I dont understand why you guys bash it?

Mostly I always see something like, I spend more money and you beat me, that means neons are gay, lol.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by groovytang
true dat, thats what i'm gonna do, full exhaust(downpipe/cat delete/catback) then a reflash, hopefully i'll run 12s
Go here to see the 12.5 runs

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Produ...Index-US.shtml
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

It is so funny how they still have not made a comment on this post...
Who is they? And from what I can see you didn't address that comment to anyone in particular.

But I'll address it, here goes..."your right".

I never said stock for stock the srt will beat the evo. I have NEVER said that. AWD is a wonderful thing ain't it?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RallyRedEVO
SRT = GAY

You = GAY
Its okay kid...I understand. Its perfectly normal to be scared of the neon. Just think happy thoughts like "rally championships" and "veliside body kits"....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 07:57 AM
Evolving Member

Its okay kid...I understand. It’s perfectly normal to be scared of the neon. Just think happy thoughts like "rally championships" and "veliside body kits"....

Dude; bring your shat pile on. I'm not afraid of the neon. I WOULD however be ashamed to drive one.

Facts are that the EVO is a nicer car all around, thus why it costs more.

The neon isn't even in the same class. You don't see magazine covers comparing the neon to Porsche Carreras. You do see rental car adds for them though.

The EVO is AWD with more power, and the ability to put that power to use.

The neon is just a juiced up rental car.

The lancer doesn't even come into play here, because other than the body it has nothing in common with the EVO. And that is even a stretch; we'd have to say that they share a unibody, that’s about it.

The neon SRT however does share a lot with her little sister, being that they are both pretty much the same car everywhere except the motor. Both have crappy handling, both have crappy dodge rental car interior, both look the same outside, both are wrong-wheel-drive. Both are gay.

So SRT loses every time to the EVO, and you are still GAY.

Last edited by RallyRedEVO; Nov 19, 2004 at 08:03 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by omniphil
Ok, since your stuck on drag racing and we know the AWD is what gives the advantage there, lets compare 1/4 time trap speeds? Who's faster now?

Lol, I love how you evo guys get so hurt by the srt-4, because its cheaper and it cant possibly beat you. I would guess someone got spanked by a srt-4 on the highway and got their ego hurt..

Why can you guy agree that both cars are awesome for what they are? If I got smoked by and evo on the drag strip, I would be like, wow, thats a cool car. And If i got smoked by one on the highway I would think the same thing, wow, thats a cool car. Are you guys bashing the srt-4 because you spend more money on your evo and you cant beat it in all speed contests? I guess I dont understand why you guys bash it?

Mostly I always see something like, I spend more money and you beat me, that means neons are gay, lol.
Ok take them to any track you can think of and the Evo will come out on top EVERY time...how about them apples...

I like the srt I never bashed them...you come here and said that the Srt 4 is the same in so many aspects and they are not.

If you want to go to the I paid less money then you did battle you will loose.

I can buy a $1500 94 GS-T put $3000 in it and spank the srt 4....so what! We are talking stock here. In every race you can think of stock for stock the Evo will come out on top (both drivers good) even from a row. (video to back it up if there is a host).

Now I am going to go to the suv forums and say how the EVO is the same in so many aspects becasue we have AWD.....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:13 AM

<>< Daniel
ROCK ON!

I did not address you to this comment but you sure were quick to comment on it...

Quick Reply: trade in for srt4 or evo 8