Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

trade in for srt4 or evo 8

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RallyRedEVO
Dude; bring your shat pile on. I'm not afraid of the neon. I WOULD however be ashamed to drive one.

Facts are that the EVO is a nicer car all around, thus why it costs more.

The neon isn't even in the same class. You don't see magazine covers comparing the neon to Porsche Carreras. You do see rental car adds for them though.

The EVO is AWD with more power, and the ability to put that power to use.

The neon is just a juiced up rental car.

The lancer doesn't even come into play here, because other than the body it has nothing in common with the EVO. And that is even a stretch; we'd have to say that they share a unibody, that’s about it.

The neon SRT however does share a lot with her little sister, being that they are both pretty much the same car everywhere except the motor. Both have crappy handling, both have crappy dodge rental car interior, both look the same outside, both are wrong-wheel-drive. Both are gay.

So SRT loses every time to the EVO, and you are still GAY.
wow, someone's ego is hurt. the evo dosent win everytime sorry, I'm guessing thats why your ego is hurt? I was at the track and I would walk away from evo's on the straight.

The interior of the evo is a lancer, so dont say that a srt-4 is a neon, but a evo is not a lancer? have you looked inside a srt-4 lately? the interior is way nicer than the cheap plasticy stuff the lancer has, not saying the neon dosent have cheap plastic interior, because it certaily does, but the evo interior is way cheaper, the doors in an evo dont feel solid at all compared to a neon, and i could name a few other things too but you get the idea.

Now suspension, yeah, the evo wins, definatley, its awesome...

Dont be offended, You can drive my car if ya want?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:24 AM

[QUOTE=omniphil]wow, someone's ego is hurt. the evo dosent win everytime sorry, I'm guessing thats why your ego is hurt? I was at the track and I would walk away from evo's on the straight.[QUOTE]

Let's see here...I don't think you are stock... Put the same mods on a EVO as the SRT and make that same statement...

Even if the SRT was quicker on the striaghts (BIG BIG BIG, if) you wouldn't even be able to catch it after the first turn...bud...
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, I'm going to call BS on your track story

My EVO has an exhaust, cam gears, and piggy back and I put down 287 WHP on 93 oct on a dyno dynamics. There are a lot of guys out there dipping into the mid 300's with the stock turbo.

So run and get your rental car some more boost, then come back to play son.

Last edited by RallyRedEVO; Nov 19, 2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

Damn, i thought i was in the srt forum war stories! too much my car is greater than your car crap!
its wrong to say that an srt4 is a regular neon. its a different car, completely different.
both are great cars. i love them both.
freeway:stock to stock-srt4>evo.-i know this for a fact, rallyred.
everything else EVO > srt4.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

I agree, the evo is a fantastic car, almost super car. Again, I already put money down on a 05 evo RS, Waiting for it to arrrive, yay! so I am certainly no hater.

But I dont think the evo wins every category vs the srt-4. certainly not freeway driving which is where I drive 99% of the time. The srt-4 has a better power to weight ratio and that means the srt-4 wins on the freeway. The transmission in the srt-4 is damn near bullet proof, thats a plus too. The motor is also very stout, making a ton of power at only 13psi, bigger displacment has an advantage there. The srt-4 also has no turbo lag, full boost at 2400rpms, thats makes for a much more drivable car around town.

At the drag strip and on a road course the evo wins again, awesome suspension, AWD. No doubt there. But I want to point out tho, that it is not the power that makes the evo great, its the suspension and AWD combined with the power. The srt-4 has got almost as much power and alot less weight, but the suspension sucks. But you get what you pay for.

I'm sorry if I came off as an ***, I certainly didnt mean to be. I happen to love both cars equally. And very soon we will have both

Originally Posted by steadfastEVO
Ok take them to any track you can think of and the Evo will come out on top EVERY time...how about them apples...

I like the srt I never bashed them...you come here and said that the Srt 4 is the same in so many aspects and they are not.

If you want to go to the I paid less money then you did battle you will loose.

I can buy a $1500 94 GS-T put $3000 in it and spank the srt 4....so what! We are talking stock here. In every race you can think of stock for stock the Evo will come out on top (both drivers good) even from a row. (video to back it up if there is a host).

Now I am going to go to the suv forums and say how the EVO is the same in so many aspects becasue we have AWD.....
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

no turbo lag in the srt4? its worst than the evo.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

bottomline; if someone has less than 21k-best car to buy is srt4 as you will be able to go head to head with wrx's, evo's and sti's. but if you have 30k, evo is the best choice.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ap-evo83
bottomline; if someone has less than 21k-best car to buy is srt4 as you will be able to go head to head with wrx's, evo's and sti's. but if you have 30k, evo is the best choice.
Close...

If you have less than 21K to spend, save until you have enough to buy something cool! Because your not far off.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

My EVO has an exhaust, cam gears, and piggy back and I put down 287 WHP on 93 oct on a dyno dynamics. There are a lot of guys out there dipping into the mid 300's with the stock turbo.

No BS here.

The guy in the Evo actually came and found me later that day he had wondered what I had done to my motor. He was a real nice guy. He had boost controller set to 19psi at redline I had mopar stage 1 which adds 10 hp. But I am 500lbs lighter than him 2760 vs 3260.

And you obvioulsy dont know too much about srt-4's, All you have to do is buy mopar stage 2 ($800) and you put 260hp to the wheels, thats pretty good considering only 1 mod? The srt-4's are very easy to mod like evo's there's plenty of 400+hp srt-4 running around.

Why do you put down the srt-4's calling them rental cars? I guess I dont understand why you dislike them so much? I mean I know people generally like whatever car they have the best but I mean I think your going to extremes to try to make the srt-4 look bad?

Not trying to start a war, just wondering why all the bad press for the srt-4's? The evo is certainly better overall, but its also more expensive? I mean a M5 is better overall than both the evo and srt-4, but its also more money?

Last edited by omniphil; Nov 19, 2004 at 08:43 AM.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:41 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ap-evo83
no turbo lag in the srt4? its worst than the evo.
Are you ****ting me? If your srt has turbo lag then something is seriously wrong with the car.

The car has pretty much NONE!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:46 AM
Evolved Member

And you think 287 whp is a lot? LMAO!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:47 AM
Evolving Member

ALL turbo cars have lag, in some amount. It's impossible to not have it. And if you don't have a little lag, then your turbo is too small!
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:48 AM
Evolved Member

i am comparing both cars. i dont get the same feeling when boost sets in when i am driving my evo then drive my srt4. BTW-my srt4 is brand new. nothing wrong with it. hope you get to drive an evo so you would know.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

ALL turbo cars have lag, in some amount. It's impossible to not have it. And if you don't have a little lag, then your turbo is too small!
How can you comment on a car you've never driven? You talk all this shiat about the srt but you've probably never even touched one. Do you just make this stuff up or do you pull it outta the latest Super Street?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

even the 2.5l sti has some lag...

Quick Reply: trade in for srt4 or evo 8