Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central
View Poll Results: If you owe 19g's on your current EVO would you trade up for an MR?
HELL YEAH!
17.99%
Stay with current EVO
82.01%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

I owe 19g's on my EVO should I trade For MR?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question I owe 19g's on my EVO should I trade For MR?

I owe about 19 thousand on my 03 EVO. I really like the MR and was contemplating wether or not to trade up. If you were in my situation what would you do?

Thanks
Ran
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

ya....i would seriously be thingking about it...and whether ican afford it if i can then i would
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nine4surfah
I owe about 19 thousand on my 03 EVO. I really like the MR and was contemplating wether or not to trade up. If you were in my situation what would you do?

Thanks
Ran
I wouldn't just because you have to much negitive equity to carry over to the new car.

If I was 10 years younger I probably would just because of impulse, but now that I'm older I know better.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

If you got money to spend, go for it. If not just keep your car and put more mods on it.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:37 PM
Evolved Member

don't do it man. just mod your car and make it better than a MR.
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:46 PM

Continue to mod your car man!!
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Evo Police
I wouldn't just because you have to much negitive equity to carry over to the new car.

If I was 10 years younger I probably would just because of impulse, but now that I'm older I know better.
Thats exactly why im posting this poll.....prevent myself from trading up because of IMPULSE!!!....but damn that MR is sweet.

thanks to those who replied!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolved Member

Dude, havent seen you on some of our meet in SD. You should come once in a while. Just hit me up if you want to hang out sometime.
Noel
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:17 AM
Evolved Member

OK, assuming the dealer will give you 23k if even that much for your EVO, that's like 4k you will pocket since you still owe 19k. Now you put that 4k in the MR and they sell you an MR for 37k OTD. So to trade you will owe 33k. I sure as hell don't want to owe another 33k since that was how much I had to pay OTD for my EVO back in April of 03.

Then in a couple of years they decide to export a better EVO with AYC and everything, then I guess you will just have to trade again since the new one is sooooooo sweet.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by solarxclipse
Dude, havent seen you on some of our meet in SD. You should come once in a while. Just hit me up if you want to hang out sometime.
Noel
Yeah ive been on the down low for quite sometime.....For some reason everytime theres an SD meet I happen to be working (in fact im at work right now)....Im actually working the night of the El Cajon meet but Ill be there! Looking forward to meeting all the SD owners
Old Nov 18, 2004, 12:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Alias
OK, assuming the dealer will give you 23k if even that much for your EVO, that's like 4k you will pocket since you still owe 19k. Now you put that 4k in the MR and they sell you an MR for 37k OTD. So to trade you will owe 33k. I sure as hell don't want to owe another 33k since that was how much I had to pay OTD for my EVO back in April of 03.

Then in a couple of years they decide to export a better EVO with AYC and everything, then I guess you will just have to trade again since the new one is sooooooo sweet.
Good point!
Old Nov 18, 2004, 02:04 AM
Evolved Member

ok so you get 4k in your pocket after trade in (if your lucky) then you put that down on a 37k MR so your ballance goes from 19k to 33k so basically you are out 14,000 dollars and for this you get ACD a 6 speed and slightly better wheels....

or for 14k you can turn your car into a 10 second Evo monster or into an awesome show car (whichever your preferance is)

Personally I would go with senario #2 keep the Evo and mod it up (you know the warrentee isn't worth **** anyway)
Old Nov 18, 2004, 04:49 AM
Evolved Member

what everyone else said...remember, these cars are called "EVOLUTION" for a good reason. You should've been aware of that when you bought your evo. Someone correct me on this, but can't you just install mr parts on ur evo (vortex generator, bilstein shocks, 6spd tranny, acd, differential, etc) sides maybe the aluminum roof?

im not trying to bash you buddy...just be happy that you own an EVO
not many ppl have the privilege. hell, i still get so much attention in my 03
Old Nov 18, 2004, 06:00 AM
Evolved Member

Yea man, hands down keep your evo. Going farther into debt isnt a good thing. If you keep your evo, you make the right descision. There isnt a 14,000 dollar difference between a GSR and a Mr. Not worth it at all.
Old Nov 18, 2004, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by moab3man
Yea man, hands down keep your evo. Going farther into debt isnt a good thing. If you keep your evo, you make the right descision. There isnt a 14,000 dollar difference between a GSR and a Mr. Not worth it at all.
Exactly! I'd keep the Evo.

Quick Reply: I owe 19g's on my EVO should I trade For MR?