Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Leather interior on Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leather interior on Evo

Hey,
How much do you guys think it would cost (parts and labor) to have the Evo's interior redone in the black leather similar to the Sun, Sound, and leather package? I have a red Evo and was planning on redoing the interior in Sparco red but I think I'd like the black leather better. Any ideas?
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:50 AM
Evolving Member

UMMM....PROBABLY TO MUCH$$$ I'D RATHER INVEST IN OTHER PERFORMANCE MODS . I KNOW, THAT WASN'T MUCH HELP.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

I got the leather package. Looks great. I'd love to have it two-tone with black and red or blue. BMW M5 has some nice color schemes.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:08 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MAVERICKVIII
UMMM....PROBABLY TO MUCH$$$ I'D RATHER INVEST IN OTHER PERFORMANCE MODS . I KNOW, THAT WASN'T MUCH HELP.
Yeah, I understand that concept as well, but right now I am so fed up with the faux suede on the seats, plus my uncle owns an upholstery shop but I'm not sure if he'll do it for me. I'm also a little paranoid with my warranty. I plan on doing the vishnu stage 1 signature once I get my student loans back.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

I think it would be about $1200 or something like that. katzkin.com or something like that. katskin? I don't remember off the top of my head. They will let you do cool patterns and stitching, etc. I was thinking of adding this down the road sometime. I have gotten very comfy with the faux suede, though! I never thought I would, lol.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 03:44 PM
Evolved Member

I'm having mine done for 700.... but thats a hook up from a friend. Normally 1100- 1400 depending on what you want
Old Nov 20, 2004, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

I don't like the leather personally. It lets you slide around too much, even with the buckets...
Old Nov 20, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

The seats in the evo hold really well in leather. My buddies evo has them. I was sold when I sat in them.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:17 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BADEVO
The seats in the evo hold really well in leather. My buddies evo has them. I was sold when I sat in them.
That's what I've heard as well. I really want them to look identical to the SS&L package where the leather is a little "rougher" and holds a little better. Hopefully I can get away with just paying for the material if my uncle comes through. If not, I'll just go with the Sparco red.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

i've got the leather package in mine. i really love it. my girlfriend goes on and on about how the car looks so aggressive on the outside, but feels so rich and luxurious inside.

i think the only things i am going to change are the addition of heated seats for the front and rear, re-stitching in yellow, and a reupholstered black alcantara headliner. with that, this interior will really look rich.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Save your money
Old Nov 22, 2004, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by P0300
Hey,
How much do you guys think it would cost (parts and labor) to have the Evo's interior redone in the black leather similar to the Sun, Sound, and leather package? I have a red Evo and was planning on redoing the interior in Sparco red but I think I'd like the black leather better. Any ideas?

There's a place here in AZ that's called 1st-Uppolstry. They do only automotive interiors. At a custome place like that, you're looking at at LEAST $2k for the whole thing. Probably a bit more if you get anything custom.

My suggestion..... find someone with the sound/sun/leather package that doesn't want their leather. Someone else on here did that. A lot of people just wanted the HID's, sunroof, and sound system.... they might not want or care about the leather. You could just trade and everyone would be happy.

- Jason
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by LancerOZ
My suggestion..... find someone with the sound/sun/leather package that doesn't want their leather. Someone else on here did that. A lot of people just wanted the HID's, sunroof, and sound system.... they might not want or care about the leather. You could just trade and everyone would be happy.

- Jason

MUCH easier said than done.
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:45 AM

i have leather buckets in my z and i wish i had cloth.. while leather looks so much better and feels better for when you are just crusin but when it comes down to it i would rather have cloth
Old Nov 22, 2004, 12:37 PM

i'm putting the leather recaros in my MR when i get it

hate all you want, but it WILL be hot.

Quick Reply: Leather interior on Evo