Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Test Drove The Mr

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2004, 10:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Even if the post is TRUE, it's utterly useless. The author apparently thinks the only reason the MR would be worth getting is if it was much faster in a straight line than an '03 GSR. This is fundamentally misunderstanding what the MR is all about.

BS either way (though I also suspect it's made-up bull****).

Last edited by danc; Nov 20, 2004 at 10:13 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:08 PM

yup, also the MR wouldn't have been broken in yet, thus being slow.
people ignore the fact that these motors are not engineered for optimum performance at first few miles of use. a car like this gets abused regularly
especially if it stays at the dealer.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:14 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
well, the gear ratio of that 6 speed and 5 speed should be about the same until the 3rd gear.

But dealers have hard time selling evo's so I wont be suprised if they let people race it. I've seen few new evo's with burnt out clutch,.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dumbest post evar
Old Nov 20, 2004, 11:26 PM

what are you smoking and where do i get this ****? it must be good cus your high off something
Old Nov 21, 2004, 12:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jonduke
i was on a track w/ an mr ,totally slowed me down,their ratios arent correct,i like my 8 gsr alot especially w/7k into it
No doubt. Who needs more gears if you've got a load of torque? Any rally car driver will tell you he'd rather have less gears and more torque.

A front LSD would be nice, especially on wet roads. My car pulls all over the place when the roads are wet. A front LSD would help.

If I had to start over it wouldbe hard to resist the MR, but my car is sick right now, even in it's mild state of mods and tune and I'd hate to have to start over modding again.

Last edited by propellerhead; Nov 21, 2004 at 12:41 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 01:14 AM
Evolving Member

I believe him... The fact you drive your Evo everyday is reason enough that the dealer can't beat you in a MR. I would take a MR over a modded VIII any day though...
Old Nov 21, 2004, 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Test drive in MR LOL

Originally Posted by EVO WILLE
Today i went to Larry Roesch mitsubishi planing on trading in my evo 8 for the new mr. I went on the test drive and was not impressed at all. at first i thaught that the salse men was to scared to push the car but when i got in i noticed that the car really didint move the way evryone says they do. then i thaught maybe the car was messed up so i tested another one, same thing it felt so week and the ratios really sucked. while the salesmen was trying to convince me that the mr was faster than my evo 8 i gladly told him if he beat me in the car with the mr i would trade mine in and buy that one on the spot, after a while he agreed. the only things i have on my car is hks hi power exaust and an hks bov i whoped the **** out of him 3 times and finally was convinced that i would not bother. plus if u think about it the $7000 u save from an 8 to an mr can go into mods that will definatly make the car better performance wise. i would like to here your opinions on the mr and what u think about what ive just said.

I'm gonna have to call Bullsh!t too. Your telling me you Test drove 2 Evo MR's and that you raced a brand new MR in your Evo VIII. First off You have to know that a brand new car would not have the power that a broken in car would anyone who knows anything about cars knows this . There can be a 20 horse power difference between a car broken in and one thats not. Secondly WTF would a salesman race you in a brand new MR, Thats just plain stupid. Hymmm. 3Rd ok lets just say you have a Turbo back exhaust hymm... Would that not be at least another 20 or more horsepower than a regular Evo VIII or MR.... USE your brain those two alone could equal a 40 horsepower difference alone . 4th Can the salesman drive ????.. I'm gonna have to say that your talking S-!T.... Especially under those conditions... If you wanna try real world then come down here to Florida and try my MR all I have is an air filter an a 3"inch turbo back exhaust... But my car is broken in We will see if a full exhaust and BOV are enough for you to beat my MR.... Other wise as MITSUBISHI SAYS WAKE UP AND DRIVE !!!!

Derek
Old Nov 21, 2004, 01:31 AM
Evolving Member

[QUOTE=propellerhead]No doubt. Who needs more gears if you've got a load of torque? Any rally car driver will tell you he'd rather have less gears and more torque.

HYMMM PROPELLERHEAD Lets just say that you both have the same amount of TORQUE.... and HORSEPOWER..... Would you or would you not want a six speed if your on a race track?????? My call would be the six.

More gears keep that car in the Power band plus higher ratio gears mean that the car will accelerate faster in a particular gear.

Just my 2 cents

Derek
Old Nov 21, 2004, 01:47 AM

I have an 03 Evo that runs a 13.3 @ 101 with just an intake...in Hawaii Im definetly thinking about trading for the Mr or selling it outright. I go on leave soon so Im gonna test drive the Mr. I am calling bs on the dealer racing you. I know the dealership in Hi trys to void a warranty for anything. Besides....do you remember the first time you launched an AWD car..especially if it wasnt yours?
Old Nov 21, 2004, 01:53 AM
Evolving Member

evo wille - you're full of shi*
Old Nov 21, 2004, 02:52 AM
Evolved Member

i think it's a SRT4 guy pretending to be a evo owner.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 03:06 AM

Maximum BS!
Old Nov 21, 2004, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

**** from a bull.
Old Nov 21, 2004, 04:51 AM
Evolving Member

If u say that those 2 MR's were not as good as we say it is...then there is a problem. Surely hundreds of ppl cun be wrong?! So i think its a prob on ur side...either ur talking crap or theres some other prob...but trust us...the MR rocks..