Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Test Drove The Mr

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i cant believe i sat hear and read 5 pages of this crap, who here has raced a GSR or a MR? hey GUITARDAVE21 , you have a MR i have a GSR and i literally am down the street, we could end this conversation right now (im stock and assuming you are too)
Old Nov 23, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by giumela
LOL Hanzo.....I did a similiar thing...I actually went to a shifter kart shop in my neighborhood and the guy told me that his karts are faster and better in handling than my Evo. I took the challenge and he was right!!!! I was speechless...so I traded in me Evo for an 125cc shifter kart.....but now winter is coming so I need to find some winter tires, a roof, and a heater.
LOL, shifter kart is not joke, I would sell my evo and get a xB to haul around a gokart if there is a track out here.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by guitardave24
Interesting they let you test drive two MR's, let alone one.

Also, we're supposed to believe that you and the salesman raced at the dealership? Regardless, I'm sure he couldn't launch it for ****...

Anyway, glad you've made yourself feel better about not having an MR.

Nail hit on head. He's trying to convince himself that the MR isn't "the one to have". Too bad that it factually is the pinnacle of Evos. It just is. No need to try to convince everyone that it's not.

Plus, the story is not only "not believable", but downright laughable.

Nice try.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

stop hating on the mr's, they are nice, i wouldnt mind one, but i dont have the money. We are arguing over stupid meaningless ****... So please, sTFU!!!!!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ryan Bell
Nail hit on head. He's trying to convince himself that the MR isn't "the one to have". Too bad that it factually is the pinnacle of Evos. It just is. No need to try to convince everyone that it's not.
Actually, I'd argue that none of the USDM Evos qualify as the "pinnacle" of Evos. Even our MR version doesn't come with S-AYC, which is pretty amazing...if you've ever driven an Evo with AYC you'll know what I mean. I've driven a couple of Evo 6.5 TME's with AYC and it's a whole different game.

Having said that, I would definately prefer to have an MR over a regular GSR. When I bought my 2003, there was only a single model available. If I were in the market this year, I would have gone with the MR without hesitation. I'm sure everyone would agree...

I think the point of this thread is that, for most of us, the difference in performance is not huge enough to justify losing thousands of dollars by trading our GSR's for an MR. Especially for those of us who have already spent a couple of grand on mods, the trade doesn't make sense.

If, for example, you've already got 300 wheel HP (as many of us do) and you've got coilovers (as some of us do), I can see how the performance of a stock MR will not be super impressive.

Emre