Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

What do you think I can get with my setup??? n00b drag racer

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:23 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb What do you think I can get with my setup??? n00b drag racer

my mods:

greddy e-01 @ 20psi
greddy v-spl fmic
ur 3" dp
straight pipe
hks cf/ti exhaust
intake
stock bov
stock ic piping
stock internals
stock turbo

anyone with a similar set-up? do you think I can hit hi 12's??? with a ecu flash, you think i'd be good to go?

let me know what you think

tnx
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

???
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

no computer tuning?

i'd say probably not.

lower 13's? sure

depends on how good of a driver you are too.

i can speak for myself, i have the whole 3inch turboback exhaust, 22psi with boostcontroller and im dynoflashed. car SHOULD be in the 12's but because of some clutch/syncro issues- plus im probably not the best driver in the world.. my best was a 13.7.

now i did the clutch rod adjustment and that has helped with the shifting at high rpm's and im fairly confident if i went back i could do alot better than 13.7, but to get those really low numbers you have to be an excellent driver and get the perfect launch and perfect shifting.

honestly i probably wont go back to the track.. in reality the evo isnt a drag car- and i think you end up doing more damage to the car than that little slip and bragging right is worth.

im really enjoying my car on the highway now-- just to let you know- i have a good friend with an s4 and we go all the time.

stock for stock i was always faster than him from 0-80 and he would destroy me on the highway. now that i have my setup - and he has a full 3 inch exhaust and chip- (and his car is retarded fast)- we do 60 mph rolls and im 1/2 car - 1 car length ahead up to about 140 - which then i left off anyways

before i get too off topic here- i guess what im saying is- the evo is a better track performer than drag car. enjoy it for what it is and dont unnecessarily damage ur drivetrain!!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

i think with some parctice you will get 13.00 to 12.7 some thing like that ......