Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

DSport Magazine - January Sneak Preview!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DSport Magazine - January Sneak Preview!

DSport magazine – January Issue Sneak Preview!

DSport entertains you with feature vehicles deserving recognition, while educating you to make informed performance parts purchases. DSport bring you the latest action from dynos and race tracks across the country, with a little bit of eye candy thanks to features with today’s top import models. DSport keeps it real with editors who race, wrench and live in the scene.

To start off the New Year, DSport has once again raised the bar. For our January 2005 issue, we have added more pages to further educate and inform your high performance desires. As a reward to our valued readers, we have poly-bagged this issue with a special 32-page DSport 2005 Calendar. We hope you enjoy.

In today’s performance industry, an emphasis on total vehicle tuning has been born. Cars are built to take on any task from circuit racing to drag racing while maintaining the manners to daily drive. Our January cover features XS Engineering’s Subaru WRX. With 350 wheel horsepower and a plethora of suspension modifications, this WRX can battle with the best in a straight line or attack corners with ease.

DSport kicks off the New Year with import icon and Playboy model, Natasha Yi. Learn more about her life story as she tells you her first-hand experiences.

Pick up your copy on newsstands December 7th.

WIN FREE STUFF! Fill out our survey on www.dragsport.com to enter yourself to win lots of free parts! Nitrous kits, exhaust systems, gauges, intakes and much more!

The January issue features:
- XS Engineering Subaru WRX: Street // Strip // Circuit
- First Date: Natasha Yi
- Goldmember: 9-Sec West Coast Quick Integra
- Ivey League: 9-Sec Street Talon
- Speed Shop: Forged Pistons Buyers Guide
- Project EVO: 333whp – XS Engineering Cams & Intercooler
- The Scene: SEMA 2004, NDRA Finals, NHRA Finals

DSport can be found at newsstands and bookstores nationwide. For more information please visit www.dragsport.com or call (714) 593-0280.

Contact Info:
Robbie Montinola
Marketing Director
P. 714-593-0280
E. Robbie@importdrag.com
Old Dec 8, 2004, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

out now
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

i'll have to go pick this mag up to see the project evo article
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

DSport is an interesting read but can be sorta...I dunno...rice-tastic. It's very FOB asian to me. I hope that doesn't offend anybody.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:27 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Steiner
DSport is an interesting read but can be sorta...I dunno...rice-tastic. It's very FOB asian to me. I hope that doesn't offend anybody.
what do you consider Rice?? we feature "High Performance" vehicles from EVO's to Supra's and Skylines.. we strive for "Total Vehicle Tuning" which means the owner has outfitted their car with Engine mods, suspension mods, electornic mods (boost controller, ECU,etc) etc...

if you look at all the EVO's we have featured i wouldn't consider them rice at all... Toda's 2.3L EVO, TurboTrix 9Sec EVO, RnR Racing 2.4L EVO, etc...

just curious how you find a performance magazine ricey...

Robbie
DSPORT
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ZENTRAEDIevo
what do you consider Rice?? we feature "High Performance" vehicles from EVO's to Supra's and Skylines.. we strive for "Total Vehicle Tuning" which means the owner has outfitted their car with Engine mods, suspension mods, electornic mods (boost controller, ECU,etc) etc...

if you look at all the EVO's we have featured i wouldn't consider them rice at all... Toda's 2.3L EVO, TurboTrix 9Sec EVO, RnR Racing 2.4L EVO, etc...

just curious how you find a performance magazine ricey...

Robbie
DSPORT

I think its the unnecessary use of women, which people who really care about cars could do without
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:35 PM
Evolving Member

i see your point there.. we use a cover model to draw in new readers.. from then they are able to learn more about performance and what they can do their car.. therfore a new performance enthusiast is born..

and for those who know what DSport is all about.. they have five pages they can skip through real quick
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alex_alex
I think its the unnecessary use of women, which people who really care about cars could do without
I somewhat agree with the girl thing. It's not necessarily the content that makes it sorta ricey though, it's the delivery. I picked up two copies of this magazine and read them on a 5hr plane ride from SF to Kauai. It can't be THAT bad if I read both copies, right? Yet I still feel that most articles weren't directed at me. It's almost aimed at a younger demographic. But I'm used to that though. DSport is OK. Didn't mean to offend. There are far worse perpetrators of "rice-ism" out there.
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Hey Robbie

I've been meaning to subscribe to Dsport for a while now. Still lovin TPR! I'll have to pick up all the backissues with project Evo. You wouldn't happen to have a list of those issues would you? Sure others on here would be interested as well.

Thanks!
Jamal
Old Dec 8, 2004, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

i believe Project EVO has been in:

Issue 16 - April 04
Issue 20 - August 04
Issue 21 - Sept 04
Issue 25 - Jan 05

we also featured Buschur Racing's EVO buildup in:

Issue #10..

you can subscribe at www.dragsport.com
Old Dec 8, 2004, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

this was the first issue i got in my subscription...very good magazine...the content is more focused towards what im interested in...moreso than any other mainstream magazine out right now...SCC, ITuner, SS all blow...Turbo mag is ok, but they cover a lot of cars that i have no interest in...and a lot of drag events that im not really big into...

this magazine is well worth the subscription price...although im sure buying it every month from a newstand would get expensive for the ammount of info you get...i think the magazine has a "ricey" appearance b/c it closely resembles Import Tuner...it has flashy and very colorful cars as well as show coverage and such...but the general info the mag delivers suits me well...i like to see a show car here and there in between all the tech articles