Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2004 Evo 8 $26,999 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:13 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'll take it and get my clutch changed as soon as I get it. with 2000 miles +, I'm 80% positive that your tranny or clutch is damaged.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This has me worried. From what I can gather from the dealership the guy who owned it before put Neon lights on the dashboard with glue *sigh* but they where trying to clean it off, or else I was not going to take it cause it looked horrible. It comes with an aftermarket exhaust and Perrin intercooler hoses this also has me worried because when I would shift gears it was not a normal BOV noise it was like just the oppositive like 2 short noises. Salesman said it had something to do with recirc as opposed to full atmo. So is it normal on an EVO 8 to have 2 short noises when the bov is set to recirc? I am used to my Forge BOV I had on my WRX it sounded nice. Also when I went for the test drive I would mash on it and I could hear alot of air coming from under the hood along with a lot of nice turbo noise. I was guessing the air could be from the hks intake I was not for sure.

So with all of this explained will Mitsubishi even look at this car? The mods where exhaust *cheap* and perrin intercooler hoses, and an HKS intake. If the tranny is busted can Mitsu tell me or is this a ticking time bomb you think? Personally anyone who puts neons in a bran new car with glue makes me worry about buying that car.

However the test drive was smooth with no griding in any gear. However my STG 2 WRX felt like it had alot more low end torque than this car...Wow I'm a little worried now...

Any suggestions guys? The drive is right at 3 hours and its hard talking my friends to drive me so if I go again either i'm going to buy the car or start looking for a replacement right now!

Staton
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Perrin makes good parts as does HKS thats a lot of mods for a car that only has 2700 miles on it makes ya wonder how many of those miles were at a track.... I would be concerned as well specially since you know good and well that Mitsu is NOT going to warrentee that car due to the mods that are on it Evo clutches are weak as it is and if most of those miles were under racing conditions it could already be in bad shape. Also if they didn't break the car in properly which with all these mods in such a short time (and you know people test their mods when they get them) makes ya wonder I would be careful if I were you the price is good but there might be a reason for that.
Old Nov 23, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

If anyone is in North, NJ (bridge water) and would not mind checking the car out for me that would be fantastic!! I've been in the world of Subaru for over a year and really dont know alot about EVO's although I'm learning as fast as possible. But with those mods basically the warranty is already shot? The exhaust is just a generic 3" axle back that some backwood shop made it looked like.

I think this deal might be to good to be true and that worries me. Being that the other one I'm looking at is a 2003 with 8k miles and never scene a mod. But it does not have the nice sound system or leather... Ahh decisions!! I really apprecaite all the help guys!

Thanks

Staton
Old Nov 24, 2004, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

With the S/S package, it's a really good deal...Run with it! What type of financing rate (APR) are they offering?
Old Nov 24, 2004, 04:10 AM
Evolving Member

I'm going with my own bank back home in KY. I've got the loan locked in at 3.5%...Basically will mitsu honor the warranty on this car?

Thanks
Staton
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:21 AM

I Have A 03 Silver Evo With A Roof 3,400 Miles Thats Perfect For $24000
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:55 AM
Evolved Member

I would run with this deal, maybe try to bargain a little more. Worst case scenario, you can use your savings to put in a new clutch.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

i got my car for around 27K brand new, don't buy from them
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:37 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thestaton
Hi, I'm in the market for a used Evo 8 and have found what I think to be a great deal. Its a Black 2004 with Sound / Sun / Leather package and has 2,700 miles on it. Dealership is asking me 26,999 and will not go any lower. Do I have a leg to bargain with here or should I take my good price and run with it?

Thanks

Staton
Yea i have a 2004 evo8 for sale, 9k and its blue w/out the leather radio package. 25 GRAND and its yours, I also have over 4k in parts that when dyno tuned in chicago gave it 305hp at the wheels parts are not on the evo currently ...took off to sell vehicle but will include with vehicle if buyer wants/or parts seperately.. parts, DC Sports turbo back exhaust 3 inch, afc 2 ..still tuned , HKS turbo timer, HKS EVC EZ 2 dual stage electronic boost controller, HKS racing intake, GReddy BOV Type S, Triple A-Pillar pod, phantom boost gauge, air/fuel gauge plus the dyno tune (have sheet)..anyone interested?
Old Nov 27, 2004, 08:01 AM
Evolving Member

Just checking is there anyone in / around bridgewater, nj that could go check out the car for me? Thanks for the help!!

Staton
Old Dec 10, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Dude I just came back from Bridewater Acura and I was VERY close to buying this same car.

I too was sketched out by the glue on the dash...and since reading your post, the guy told me he thought that the kid before had a carbon fiber dash or something, but he told you neons...thats sketchy...

Also, those mods are junk. I was thinking to myself, this is a 2004 with 3300 miles... what the hell could have happened to it... I dont know.

I really considered it becaue I was trading in my Accord and they were giving me a GREAT deal on it... but now Im more or less backing out...
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if you have any doubt then dont get it - but for they are selling it for ,its a good deal.

maybe too good of a deal.

go with your instincts
Old Dec 10, 2004, 09:21 PM

If you buy it from a Mitsubishi Dealer, then I would go for it.. Acura dealer.. no no..

take the car and see if it has warranty or not before even thinking about it.

I bought mine Evo 03 with 1000 demo miles new from the Mitsubishi dealer.. got a great deal.. and still no problem to date. The demo miles are driven to car show ...
Old Dec 11, 2004, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

I would recommend staying away from the car at Bridgewater. I called and asked if the car was under warranty and he was like let me call you back. 2 minutes later he calls me and says there acura warrany guy had called mitsu and they said it would be ok. Also anyone who puts NEONS or anything carbon fiber on the dash I worry about there maturity level. My theory was someone bought this car without the intent of every paying for it. Drive it like you stole it for 4 months until the bank wises up and takes it away I was working with Rich at the dealership and he was a great guy / salesman. Very honest and I could tell he was looking out for the buyer. However I just followed my instinct and buyed a nice mod'd car off a very nice person on these forums

Staton