Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

2004 Evo 8 $26,999 good deal?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2004, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thestaton
I would recommend staying away from the car at Bridgewater. I called and asked if the car was under warranty and he was like let me call you back. 2 minutes later he calls me and says there acura warrany guy had called mitsu and they said it would be ok. Also anyone who puts NEONS or anything carbon fiber on the dash I worry about there maturity level. My theory was someone bought this car without the intent of every paying for it. Drive it like you stole it for 4 months until the bank wises up and takes it away I was working with Rich at the dealership and he was a great guy / salesman. Very honest and I could tell he was looking out for the buyer. However I just followed my instinct and buyed a nice mod'd car off a very nice person on these forums

Staton
Yeah I decided Im not going to get it. I felt the same way.. I feel like it was bought to beat on, or it was just handled wrong... Ive really been considering an EVO used (with only couple thousand miles) because of a nice price difference (much easier for me to afford 27 than 33). However, I am quite picky and I dont like NOT knowing who drove the car before me and what is EXACTLY done to it.

I feel like the car at the Acura dealer they were NOT telling me something they knew about...just how great it is... thing is, i KNOW how great they are I dont need sales people telling me. I know more about the cars than they'll ever know. But neither here nor there, like burningmoney said, I am going with my INSTINCTS and they tell me to stay away. Maybe Ill just wait longer til I find a deal like this but in better condition.