Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Sport Mitsu Orl FL -

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2004, 03:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the faith Steve!!! It's not really the car.. It's just your imagination...

Cracker *** cracka!!!
Old Nov 26, 2004, 03:37 PM
Evolved Member

Go to Holler. I take my car there from Gainesville (2 hr drive), that's how great they've treated me. The Mitsubishi dealer here has LITERALLY tried to rip me off twice, both times I've had proof, and I'm in the process of filing BBB claims.

Sorry for your trouble too man. Cars are such money pits.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 06:12 PM
dru

I know for a fact that in our dealership, catbacks and intakes, and hardpipes have never been an issue as far as warranties go. I know of at least 15 different evo's that have these mods and sercice at our shop.

As far as warranty goes, an aftermarket clutch and rebuilt tranny are a definite void. I dont know why Steve didnt fight is more with mitsu when he had problems when his car was still stock. Once he sent the tranny to shep and did the clutch his fight was over.
Old Nov 26, 2004, 09:27 PM
Account Disabled

Steve,
You can't expect to give Mitsu Service an out and expect them not to take it. The tough part is you can't cost-effectively bring the car back to stock and get it warrantied due to the intensive labor involved with reversing the upgraded clutch. The Shep trans I don't see how it could become a factor, but at the same time would not advertise the fact that it was upgraded. They wouldn't crack the trans to see if it was upgraded if they are inspecting the TC. Like Manie, I believe in Mitsu's shoes, I would've taken the same opportunity to deny the claim if I was them. Nobody wants to pay for that S*** when it happens, but the car did not come from the factory, engineered for any other mods then what it came with stock. How could you blame them for not warranting the TC. Whether a MBC or BR stg 4, it was warrantied based on certain tolerances that have been exceeded by modification. That is a risk that many decide to take. You have to be prepared however to face the consequences. If you owned Mitsu and were in the same position, you probably would deny it also. If they are talking smack behind your back, that is a separate issue. There are always two sides to the coin and I guess we have heard both with Mike's rebuttal to the S-talking.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dru
I know for a fact that in our dealership, catbacks and intakes, and hardpipes have never been an issue as far as warranties go. I know of at least 15 different evo's that have these mods and sercice at our shop.

As far as warranty goes, an aftermarket clutch and rebuilt tranny are a definite void. I dont know why Steve didnt fight is more with mitsu when he had problems when his car was still stock. Once he sent the tranny to shep and did the clutch his fight was over.
So your saying that if i have a catback, intake or hardpipes i wont have any problems with warranty in your dealer? No offense but i find it kind of hard to believe since like i mentioned i spoke to the factory rep myself. What about any ecu reflash, is it allowed? I just dont want problems with the dealer like everyone has had. As far as Steve i didnt know he had his trany rebuilt by shepard, i can understand that. I just want to make sure there are no issues with these parts.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 09:38 PM
dru

Thats what I am saying. In our dealership intakes, catbacks, and hardpipes are not a problem. The common things we see that will void it are: computer reflash, MBC, BOV vented to atmosphere, AFC, aftermarket clutch.

Our service department has done RMR exhaust installs on customer's cars. If you have a question you can talk to Shawn Harris, service manager.

One thing you have to remember also is that when somehting breaks, in order for them to not cover that action under warranty, it has to be deemed associated to a specific mod. ie your break rotors have nothing to due with your catback.
Old Nov 27, 2004, 10:02 PM
Evolving Member

what would cause a wing to be replaced???????????????????????

Originally Posted by EVIL_EVO_VIII
I have taken my car there 2 times for CF wing replacement. They trated me nice but they did not paint the wing correctly and told me they were going to fix it and provide me with a loaner. Up to this date i have not herd from them, this was like 2 months ago . After hearing what you have been through, that sucks that you had to pay even though u had the problem since you had the car. There is a 5th and 2nd gear syncro TSB that they ARE WELL AWARE OFF! The factory rep showed me all the TSB's and offered to fix them under warranty if i had a problem. I would honestly go back and fight that b/c its not right. Now im having second thoughts of even taking my car back there if forbid something happened(knock on wood).Well good luck and i hope you get everything resolvved. By the way steve what caused your TC to go?Dont let them bring you down like that knowing that there a TSB's for the grinding. Pm if you want more info, ill be glad to help!
Old Nov 28, 2004, 06:51 AM
dru

the resin on the carbon fiber seems to deteriorate on some cars. We have replaced over a dozen wings already.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

oh
Old Nov 29, 2004, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

Ok guys sorry I have not participated in this thread. My computer at home has been down and FU jon LOL I dont drive like a grandma.

I am not b!tching about the transfer case; I am b!tching about the service I got from the dealership.

I felt that the tranny (This issue didnt start with sport it started with the place i bought the car from and then took it to sport in hopes that they would help me with the issue.) should have been investigated and fixed a long time ago and I gave them every opportunity to fix it; wheter it was directy requested or brought up in a converstation with the service reps Then when I get it done and fixed at my own cost it was brought under scurtiny that it was my fault and wouldnt be covered because of the after market clutch. I didnt even get upset at that point and just decided to pay for it myself. We never got to find out if the wrong fluid was in there, there was a catatrophic failure or some act of god.

I am upset that I was apparantly bad mouthed over the situation. This then got me to thinking that they should have done more to help me out in both situations. (This is a grey area but they could have gotten a rep to look at the car, they could have investigated more with Techline on the original issues, they could have done a lot more no mattter what the outcome would have been. Hell I would have been happy if they did all they could do to help and understand all of my problems no matter what the outcome was.)

Mike is a good guy and isnt directly involved in any of the issues with the car. he is a guy at the dealership that I know from the DSM crowd and none of this refelcts badly on him. I know that he cares about and is proud of where he works as we all do.

Last edited by stevEVO8; Nov 29, 2004 at 10:15 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 07:15 AM

hey dru i'll be taking my car to your dealer tomm. i have a turboback exhaust with blow off and cone filter. the car has not been raced or anything. the only one that drives the car is my wife. i drive my tsi. there is a whinning noise coming from the front of the car. will there be any problems getting that fixed under the warranty. i think is the tranny or the transfer case. there is no aftermarket parts on the tranny.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

It's your transfer case.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 07:34 AM

what will make it do that? i have not launch the car or raced it or anything like that. i was crusing on i-4 and all of the sudden it starts whinning.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Same thing here (I wasnt racing or anything lol)... I was pulling out of a parking lot when mine just died.

There is a lot of speculation on this subject and from what I know, no definitive anwser.

For me there was a question of improper fluid in the xfer case when I had the tranny out. I was going to have the fluid analyzed to see if the correct fluid was used or not. However I was not able to get a sample of the fluid to verify if it was indeed incorrect fluid or a failure of the case it self.

A part is normally designed to handle greater stresses and failure rates than it would ever/could incurr on a normal daily basis. It is obvious that these design charateristics were not included on the design of our trasnfer cases.

As for waranty; an AFC, MBC, INTAKE, Exhaust, ETC should in no way affect or kill the transfer case or tranny in these cars if they were manufactured and designed correctly.

Last edited by stevEVO8; Nov 30, 2004 at 02:12 PM.
Old Nov 30, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

they guy at the dealer by my house told me they use " the gear oil thats in a big drum in the back" he said they didnt have a mitsu labeled gear oil. so i asked him if redline 75w90 was okay and he said its fine