Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

any recomendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any recomendations?

thanks again for the web sites but now i need some guidance.....i've seen the all the sites and now im wondering whats the best bang for the buck on an intercooler and radiator? i wont mind getting the stocks for cheaper, i just want to get my evo back on the road where it belongs and since aftermarket parts are usually cheaper than OEM i might as well upgrade. anybody recomends specific brands over the other? Sorry for being a newb.....leaning more about this car.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

The aftermarket ones arent cheaper but I think they are better. And if you might want to upgrade in the future then you should just go ahead and spend the money now.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:28 PM
Evolved Member

pointless for upgrading stock intercooler with stock turbo.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

^ yeah but in that situation i would probably do the same thing. i wrecked an accord when i was like 18. i replaced the front fenders with aftermarket ones, for like 40 bucks per. honda wanted 150 per. not painted. not sure where to tell you to look though. my autoparts place couldnt even tell me what filter went on my evo. they are truck people, and had no information on my car. good luck though.
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NexGenXVII
thanks again for the web sites but now i need some guidance.....i've seen the all the sites and now im wondering whats the best bang for the buck on an intercooler and radiator? i wont mind getting the stocks for cheaper, i just want to get my evo back on the road where it belongs and since aftermarket parts are usually cheaper than OEM i might as well upgrade. anybody recomends specific brands over the other? Sorry for being a newb.....leaning more about this car.

I have a stock radiator for sale (very cheap) PM and I will let you know how much I want. replaced mine with KOYO radiator and the other one in a box collecting dust.

oh it has some bent fins but no leaks at all. It works great.