Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Help My Evo

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2004, 02:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help My Evo

few months ago , i installed the HKS air intake at around 5k mile(installed air intake only). everything was very smooth that i drove until recently i drove my evo at 10K mile...its weird that i push gas to 3500rpm when turb kicks in. but rpm drops like 100-300 rpm from gear to gear n sound so werid especially losing power at about 3000-3500 rpm. so i asked my friends to c if they knows wut's going on n they told me maybe cuz of hose leaking. so i put back the stock air intake n took my evo to dearship n fix it. like my friends told me, the techcian said cuz the hose flange is missing. so they replaced it n put it back. later when i got my car n drove home. although at 3500 rpm has power coming in. but when i keep my foot on gas to higher rpm. it still happed n rpm quite droped 100-300(with stock). so i am wondering anyone knows wut's going with my evo ??
Old Nov 25, 2004, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have a boost gauge to monitor this while it's happening ?

There could be more leaks around the intercooler clamps. They probably worked their way loose at the point it's leaking badly.

Many evo's came from the factory with loose clamps. I suggest tightening all of them with a 10mm socket instead of a regular screwdriver.