Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2002, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For all the cars we sell now, Mitsubishi says 7000-7500 miles every oil change, depending on your driving habits. If you look closely and read the fine print and ask yourself the questions the service manual suggests, you'll find that you (and 95% of all other drivers) fall in the heavy duty use cycle and need one every 3500 miles. 3000 is just so easy to remember. Damn, I don't think the GSX or the 3000GT VR-4. needed one every 1500. The 4g63 in my Eclipse doesn't either. I hope to hell the EVO doesn't.

Last edited by GPTourer; Dec 10, 2002 at 02:33 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 03:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1500mi oil change?
7000 units with 5 per dealership???

damn.. expect heavy markups... I think I'll wait for the 2nd year..
Old Dec 10, 2002, 03:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Re: Re: Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Originally posted by Mary-Kate Olsen

What are you talking about. A "1.5-way LSD" is not a actual design for a differential. There are multiple different mechanical LSDs which can be configured in a 1.5-way setting. I think you have been playing Gran Tursimo too much. Next you are going to want to perform "level 2 weight reduction" on you car.
Straight from a Mitsubishi presentation on the Evo 8:

"Full-time AWD with a rear 1.5-way Limited Slip Differential"

I tend to believe them more than someone who thinks they're Mary-Kate.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by Mark F

so whoever said 5,000 for the EVO is smoking something.
Again, straight from the Mitsubishi Evo 8 presentation:

"The use of 100% synthetic oil is required and must be changed at every 5000 miles to avoid turbo damage."

Again, I believe Mitsubishi over what you heard 2nd hand.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:01 PM

Re: Re: Re: Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Originally posted by MrAWD
Sorry to brake it to you, but the part that we usually see as the ACD unit is the transfer case that has center and front differential in there.
Nope. Let me brake it to you that is just two differentials.

A 4WD/AWD vehicle with a longitudinal engine has a transfercase with two driveshafts. A 4WD/AWD vehicle with a transverse engine just uses two differentials and one drive shaft. How many drive shafts does the EVO have???
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by GPTourer
For all the cars we sell now, Mitsubishi says 7000-7500 miles every oil change, depending on your driving habits. If you look closely and read the fine print and ask yourself the questions the service manual suggests, you'll find that you (and 95% of all other drivers) fall in the heavy duty use cycle and need one every 3500 miles. 3000 is just so easy to remember. Damn, I don't think the GSX or the 3000GT VR-4. needed one every 1500. The 4g63 in my Eclipse doesn't either. I hope to hell the EVO doesn't.
It's every 7500 for the "Regular Maintenance Schedule" - which nobody qualifies for because if you look at the qualifications for the "Severe Maintenance Schedule" 99.9% of the population is going to qualify for that. The Severe schedule is every 3,000, not every 3,500. It's the same on all current models.

The 1,500 mile interval I was quoted for the EVO (remember, this is from the Mitsubishi District Service Manager along with the District Sales Rep from their presentation to our store principals and sales managers about the car, not some glump on the net) almost certainly reflects the way this vehicle is most likely to be used. Also keep in mind, Mitsu came very close to not offering a warranty on the car at all. This may have been a comprimise with the warranty folks on MMSA's part - but I'm just speculating.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:15 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great, sounds like i'm getting a P.O.S. car. Maybe i should of waited for the R35 skyline but 2005 is kind of long ways. Probably sell it when that time arrives.

should just give us ACD/AYC and 1yr unlimited mile warrenty. if that was the case.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:36 PM

Re: Re: Re: Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Originally posted by Fireball
Straight from a Mitsubishi presentation on the Evo 8:

"Full-time AWD with a rear 1.5-way Limited Slip Differential"

I tend to believe them more than someone who thinks they're Mary-Kate.
Excuse me? What the F%$K are you talking about. Go back and actually read what I wrote. I said many different kinds of LSD can be called 1.5-way. The argument is about weither or not the LSD is viscous or not. My point was that Just because Mitsu calls it a 1.5-way LSD doesn't mean its not viscous. Get it now you fool?

Why should I beleave somebody who thinks they are a ball of fire? Ohhh how about our names are just that, names. (unless you actually soak yourself in gasoline and light your self on fire, then I guess your name would fit).

Last edited by Mary-Kate Olsen; Dec 10, 2002 at 06:19 PM.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:42 PM
RaX
Evolved Member

Oh no... another argument with Mary-Kate. Please make it stop.

Mary-Kate calling someone a fool is violation of evolutionm.net's Terms of Use: http://corp.evolutionm.net/terms.php?s=
Old Dec 10, 2002, 04:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by gtr
Great, sounds like i'm getting a P.O.S. car. Maybe i should of waited for the R35 skyline but 2005 is kind of long ways. Probably sell it when that time arrives.

should just give us ACD/AYC and 1yr unlimited mile warrenty. if that was the case.
No, your getting a street legal race car.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 05:21 PM

oil change

5000 miles is standard oil change interval for turbo engines using synthetic oil. Audi A4 1.8T and S2.7TT both use a 5000 mi interval. I guarantee the manual will not recommend 1500 mi oil change interval. Its a friggin 4g63, not some weird engine from left field. Why not refer to previous specs of the 4G63?

-Tiak
Old Dec 10, 2002, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

Re: oil change

Originally posted by Tiak
I guarantee the manual will not recommend 1500 mi oil change interval. -Tiak
What do you mean by guarantee because this is a bet I'll take and I'm not a gambling man.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by RaX
Oh no... another argument with Mary-Kate. Please make it stop.

Mary-Kate calling someone a fool is violation of evolutionm.net's Terms of Use: http://corp.evolutionm.net/terms.php?s=
I did not violate any "terms of use". I called him a fool because he is a fool.
source: webster's dictionary
fool n.
1. One who is deficient in judgment, sense, or understanding
I feel that Fireball misunderstood what I had posted and used deficient judgment when he posted his comments in responce to my post. Fireball seems to fit two of the catagories in the definition. The term 'fool' was justified by Fireball's actions. If the moderators sensor what I said they are fools also (because they must have misunderstood what I posted, just like Fireball).
Old Dec 10, 2002, 06:32 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally posted by gtr

If you think you're getting a P.O.S. car, don't buy one. You then obviously don't know what you're getting and it leaves more for us.
Old Dec 10, 2002, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Probably a stupid question I'm asking but I really want to know. Is there any word on whether or not the hood vents will be fuctional, and also I've always wanted to ask, on car in which the hood vents are functional, how does one prevent debris, water and dirt from entering the engine compartment.

Quick Reply: Final Specs Released!!!!!!