Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2002, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by 4G63_Attack
http://www.howstuffworks.com/transmission4.htm
here is a web site that tell how a Synchronizers
work, it's job is to engage!!!! engage!!! (Read my lips EN-GAGE)the next gear and take it up to speed. Thats all it's does, and don't tell me when the gears pop out it's also the Synchronizer. Is not
I am struggling to see what you're getting at. Read my lips, I KNOW HOW SYNCROS WORK, WHAT THEY DO, WHY THEY'RE THERE, WHY THEY ARE IN A CAR AND NOT IN A SQUIRRELS NAPSACK, WHAT THEIR TRUE MEANING IS IN THE UNIVERSE. Yes, what you semi-quoted from howstuffworks is ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!! What I am saying, and what you didn't seam to understand from the beginning which sparked this absolutely ridiculous debate in the first place is this: if you DO NOT HAVE (yes, I said do NOT have; as in without, or lacking thereof, missing, never there, in want of, etc) syncros, you need to rev- match your engine with your trans mission in order to engage the next gear. If you DO have syncros, YOU DON'T NEED TO REVMATCH because they are doing the legwork for you (regardless of what process they are undertaking to do that legwork)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't understand why you are arguing with me. I don't need the molecular elements used in the construction of syncros; don't need to know what kind of physics major invented them! I know about syncros; I need no more schooling. None of this is the point. The ONLY point is what you encounter while operating a vehicle WITHOUT (different meanings of 'without' mentioned above) syncros.

This syncro debate has now become nitpicked FAR beyond what anyone could POSSIBLY care so how about we shake hands and DROP IT! Peace.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

I have never seen this before. Two totally different "spirited discussions" going on in the same thread at the same time.
Old Dec 11, 2002, 09:07 PM
Evolved Member

True! But mine's done now, so everybody back to their seats.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Liandrin11
True! But mine's done now, so everybody back to their seats.
Awww, I figured you would tell him that he could still rev-match the engine even if the tranny has synchros (not to mention double-clutch). These can be desirable things to do, especially when racing.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 01:52 PM
Evolving Member

Re: Final Specs Released!!!!!!

Originally posted by S_rangeBrew
Here they are, the final specs for the US-spec EVO!!

To add to the list, a 5-point harness will be standard, at least for the driver instead of the usual 3-point belts.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

5 point harness standard? Sorry, but I don't believe it. I wouldn't want my daily driven car to have a 5 point harness. You can't even reach the radio with one on. Not easily anyway. They are extremely annoying for anything but track use.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ru4real

Awww, I figured you would tell him that he could still rev-match the engine even if the tranny has synchros (not to mention double-clutch). These can be desirable things to do, especially when racing.
Well you know what, I actually let that thought enter my mind for less than a second before discarding the notion. I didn't want to go into double-clutching or any other things other than the use for vehicles with no syncros. What I had already said got totally misunderstood (apparently) so I just wanted the whole thing to end . Sorry. You are right though. However, when doing any kind of racing I do rev-match, but generally don't double-clutch; just don't see that it's advantageous enough to be worth the extra effort and time it takes to actually complete the shift when having to depress the clutch twice. Just call me lazy .
Old Dec 12, 2002, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by broeli
5 point harness standard? Sorry, but I don't believe it. I wouldn't want my daily driven car to have a 5 point harness. You can't even reach the radio with one on. Not easily anyway. They are extremely annoying for anything but track use.
I too am curious how they are going to make it work considering the Gov safety standards and so on.

That said, anyone who is buying this car as a daily driver is going to be in for an unpleasant shock. If there is one thing MMSA has been pounding into our heads it is that this is no mass-market WRX-type vehicle. It's going to have a superstiff ride and very little sound insulation. Comfort is not a priority. It is a street-legal race car and Mitsubishi expects the vast majority of owners to take it to the track.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by broeli
I agree completely, and if yer gonna be doing some heavy track use, it's easy enough to add one later.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 03:21 PM

It will be my daily driver---and the stiffer the better.
Old Dec 12, 2002, 05:31 PM
Evolving Member

It's not going to have a 5-point harness. It's going to have 5-point harness POINTS. You have to read the tech-manual closely. Basically, with the Recarros, you can add a 5-point harness easily.

See this thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...5&pagenumber=3