Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Squeaking noise

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2004, 09:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Squeaking noise

My evo is about 3 months old now and I didn't have many rattles at all. I got the passenger side dash rattle fixed, and only other rattle I know that is common is the exhaust rings that I left on after I installed the bushur tb. But 2 days ago when I was driving, I started hearing this squeaking sound, not my brake or anything, but when Im driving and whenever I hit a bump. its like a squeaky rattle, not sure where it's coming from, but it sounds like it could be right under the dashboard in the center area, or maybe it could be under the hood but it just sounds like that. Maybe its my exhaust... I am not sure, I dont want to take my car in yet because if mistubishi looks at my turboback exhaust I installed i think they might try to blame it on that ****, but I do not know if they have to lift up the car to see what is rattling.. Does anybody get this rattle of had it before and got it fixed, please help me out. Thanks. O yea and btw, I only hear it here and there, when Im driving on smooth pavement I barely hear it, but when the roads have bumps like the freeeway or some local streets I hear it clearly.
Old Nov 28, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I too had sqeaking right after I bought my RS. It came from passenger side of dash board. But after 3 months or so, it went away on its own. Give it some time, it'll probably settle down like mine. GL
Old Nov 28, 2004, 03:25 PM

May I ask how you get the dash rattle fix? Any detail would be great since I want to fix it myself
Old Nov 28, 2004, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

i just took my car in and they replaced the weather strippings, and some other stuff, I dont hear the passenger side rattle anymore, just this gay *** creak squeaking noise. Dont know where its coming from yet. When I read the thread of squeaks and etc, they said it was because of the cold weather.