Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Gauge Mounting Problem?!?!?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2004, 04:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Gauge Mounting Problem?!?!?!?!?!?!

ok i have a brand alpine tv deck waiting to be installed. a tv deck will only work and look right in the stock radio location. so i CANT relocate my radio.

my #1 choice in gauges is the 60mm defi ambers. I'd like 3 of them but 2 would be fine. I need boost and prob oil pressure, maybe egt if i could squeeze 3.

if for somereason i cant fit 60mm gauges somewhere in my car and i needed 52mm then i'd buy black face greddy gauges, again prefer 3 but 2 would be fine.

I DO NOT WANT AN A PILLAR POD, I HATE THE GAP WHERE YOU CAN SEE WIRES THROUGH THE WINDSHIELD. I DO NOT WANT THE STERRING COLUMN POD BECAUSE IT LOOKS STUPID THERE.

I WANT TO SOMEHOW PUT MY GAUGES IN THE CUBBY HOLE. MAYBE WITH A RADIO RELOCATION KIT AND THEN GET A PANEL. I DONT CARE ABOUT SEEING THEM ALL THE TIME BUT I'D LIKE THEM VISIBLE WITHOUT HAVEING TO OPEN TEH GLOVE COMPARTMENT ETC...

DOESN ANYONE HAVE ANY IDEAS OF WHAT TO DO??? AGAIN I CANT USE TEH CRAIG HARDY PANEL BECAUSE OF THE TV DECK, AND I SAW THE GUY WHO MADE The CUSTOM POD THAT HOLDS 2 52MM'S WHERE THE CUBBY IS BUT I DONT LIKE IT THAT MUCH. I WANT AS MUCH OF A FACTORY LOOK AS POSSIBLE. i want the gauges to sit straight in a row. THANKS
Old Nov 30, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
where you go!!!!!!!! i think this is your best bet comes in 52 or 60 so you could do the amber BFs

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=gauge+pods

my bad i didn't read all your CAPS

Last edited by djmikeymike; Nov 30, 2004 at 05:30 PM.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:33 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea thats ok but i want something a little more oem looking