Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

New EVO TV Show ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New EVO TV Show ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Please let me know if anyone out there has/saw a show over Thanksgiving weekend that was about the EVO. It went over the history, design, performace and had a professional driver take an EVO owner for the ride of his life on city streets. One of my co-workers told me she saw it and didn't call me because she figured I had probably seen it before....

Please tell me someone out there knows about it, saw it, or even better TIVO'ed it.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:39 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Find out when it played (time and date, even though you said thanksgiving), and what channel (speed, discovery, etc..) I'll see if its going to be played again, if it is, I'll capture it onto my computer.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:48 AM
Evolved Member

There was a thread about the EVO being on the Sciences channel. Maybe that was it.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres a show that comes on the discovery science channel called "ultimate automobile? or something like that. And there was an episode about the ultimate rally car. The EVO was 4th out of 5 with the STI being 3rd. I believe it was on saturday or sunday night.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:08 AM
Evolving Member

if anyone recoreded it, can anybody upload it. or possibly do it through bittorrent
Old Dec 1, 2004, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

bump, did anyone see this?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvilDylan
theres a show that comes on the discovery science channel called "ultimate automobile? or something like that. And there was an episode about the ultimate rally car. The EVO was 4th out of 5 with the STI being 3rd. I believe it was on saturday or sunday night.
I caught that show half way through last night. I Tivo'd it, but it didn't have the EVO??? It was titled "Ultimate Supercars"? Is this a TV series for various categories? BTW, the show last night ranked the top 9 cars in each category. Number 9 category was rally car, and the Audi Quattro earned the honors.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:45 AM
Evolved Member

If I had the name of the show I would post it. It might have been the science channel thing. If I had any detail I would let you know. Like I said it was a girl from my office. If they would have related everything to nail polish she would have remembered but they didn't so the detail are quite sketchy...
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Found it. The TV series is called Ultimate Cars. The one featuring the EVO was probably titled Road Rally. Bad news: it doesn't show when it's going to air again.

Discovery Science Channel - Ultimate Cars
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

I saw most of it, it was definetly a special on rally inspired cars. Pretty cool show.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

The show was sweet! They were showing the best road going rally cars the were "legal" to drive on the streets.
- Ford RS200 was 5th. Most powerfull rally car ever, but it was just crazy to drive and high maintenance. But it was road legal.
- Evo got 4th cause it was "cheaply" made interior-wise. True! They had an MR being test driven by a rally driver. The owner's face was funny during the "test drive" with the rally driver.
- STi was 3rd cause it was more liveable and I think they mentioned it was first with the DCCD system..or something like that. And they like it better for daily driving.
- That Lambo looking rally car was 2nd. Can't remember the name, but they liked it cause it was the best looking rally car. Their opinion. It just looked like a wedge with big rear fender flares to me. But it was not bad.
- Audi Quattro was first cause it changed the whole landscape of Rallying with the AWD system, and they had the first woman driver to win rally races.

I recorded it on Dish PVR... but don't have a way to rip it. Sorry. But I'm sure the Science Channel will replay it again, sometime.