Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

G/F mad I bought my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know what...my girlfriend of four years always said how she thinks the evo is kind of ugly and she was glad I didnt get one. She was happier with the car I have. Well F that, my girlfriend of four years broke up with me last friday and I am evoless. My point is, screw the G35. Its a nice car but if the evo is what you really wanted, who cares what she thinks. She may not be there for you tomorrow, and if you got the G35 just to make her happy, you may very well regret it one day. If she really cares about you, then your car wont matter to her and she will definately get over this in a few days or weeks. Good luck.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:27 AM
Evolved Member

my situation is reverse....
wife wants an evo but my pockets say no can't do ..............
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:28 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoRider36
you know what...my girlfriend of four years always said how she thinks the evo is kind of ugly and she was glad I didnt get one. She was happier with the car I have. Well F that, my girlfriend of four years broke up with me last friday and I am evoless. My point is, screw the G35. Its a nice car but if the evo is what you really wanted, who cares what she thinks. She may not be there for you tomorrow, and if you got the G35 just to make her happy, you may very well regret it one day. If she really cares about you, then your car wont matter to her and she will definately get over this in a few days or weeks. Good luck.
Well said!

Your money, your car. Sure she can make suggestions, but don't buy what she wants using your money!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

Aw man i'm going through the same thing with my girl......she's all for the G35, in fact she's in love with that car and hates the MR . But the funny thing is that she also likes the STI, girls.....go figure LOL
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

why are female's so fu_king psycho....cause we all know they are
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
i had a girl before i bought the evo... she loved my 3kgt... i suddenly received funding from a side business that i have, and spontaniously traded my 3kgt for the evo... she got mad... she got nuts... she keyed my evo... now i have to go to court with her for repainting 4 doors, a hood, and a trunk... =(.... does anyone know of a girl in so. cal that's evo friendly?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by b18flip
Aw man i'm going through the same thing with my girl......she's all for the G35, in fact she's in love with that car and hates the MR . But the funny thing is that she also likes the STI, girls.....go figure LOL
Has she driven it? It's hard to appreciate the EVO without driving it.

It's almost impossible to not be taken back by the car after you drive it.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

a quote from the movie white man can't jump " listen to the women"

you know girls dig a nice ride

evo appernce in the state is not the same as in japan

ppl think this car is fast but still cheap

unlike the g35 lux style and power

but then it's your car so dont worry about what others think unless you gonna

marry that other person
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:04 AM

My wife hated the Evo at first, with an Espelir exhaust. I put on an HKS and now she loves it. She was dead set against me buying an Evo, she likes the M3 and thought the Evo was for high school kids, but she knows when it comes to vehicles to just leave me alone.
I also leave the safc display on throttle position when she is in the car, so when she says I'm going to fast I just point to the display and say "look, only 30% throttle", then shes fine. Your girls opinion SHOULD matter to you, so take the time to explain things or BS her totally untill she's comfortable with it, its worth it in the long run!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by ultraflip
i had a girl before i bought the evo... she loved my 3kgt... i suddenly received funding from a side business that i have, and spontaniously traded my 3kgt for the evo... she got mad... she got nuts... she keyed my evo... now i have to go to court with her for repainting 4 doors, a hood, and a trunk... =(.... does anyone know of a girl in so. cal that's evo friendly?

That is nuts, you should beat her like Ike did Tina. What a crazy Bitc*. Your better off without her.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:09 AM
Evolved Member

My girlfriend would rather me spend money on alcohol rather than my 03 OZ. But im getting the supercharger anyways.

Maybe this is why she lost her liscense.... hmmm
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:10 AM

lol my girl flipped out when i got my car, she drives a 330ci on 19 inch momo's soo her car is sick and pretty fast as well, but as soon as i got my EVO...does the word jealousy come into play...she absolutely is in love with the power of my car, i guess thats y she decided to buy an m3, we are gonna have sum fun nowww
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

blah, blah, blah ... with women, watch out for the 'image' bug.

Where's the G35 engine / chassis racing history? Still in development! That's good ... yet the EVO is a tried and true performer. Its still one of the best new entry-level track cars avaliable ... and you can still get groceries in it at the end of a trackday, before your GF or wife would know you were out there runnin' cones, or zipping through the twisties.

Good Luck,

jcnel.

P.S. Oh ... I always explain to a girl that asks "how much was it?" that my EVO is 20k like a 'Honda Civic' or an entry level Subie with AWD, and 10k in performance ... like BMW M3 performance.

Last edited by jcnel_evo8; Dec 2, 2004 at 09:31 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dpardo
Has she driven it? It's hard to appreciate the EVO without driving it.

It's almost impossible to not be taken back by the car after you drive it.
She's driven in an STI , drove an auto G35, and i taught her to drive a manual on the evo LOL. She only got up to 4th and drove like grandma so she didn't get to appreciate it as much. I think she's just going for looks, the exterior of the STI appeals to her more for some reason and she likes the G35 in and out.....but i love the evo so i'm sticking w/ that
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

My wife wanted me to get rid of my turbo elipse that I dumped thousands upon thousands in because she wanted me to get a 4 Door (baby). Anyway, I had convinced her on the G35 coupe thinking like you, (turbo kit). Then she did a 180 on me and said she wanted a 4 door. Hence the EVO. Guess what, she is still pissed at me becasue now I have modded it and she doesnt like it anymore. Sounds like I may be able to go back to the G35 or maybe an M3. =) Either way, its easy to make them happy but harder to keep them happy.

Quick Reply: G/F mad I bought my EVO