Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

G/F mad I bought my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What's worse?
A girlfriend who hates your Evo?
Or a girlfriend who loves your Evo more than you?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

Originally Posted by JohnnyTwoThumbs
That is nuts, you should beat her like Ike did Tina. What a crazy Bitc*. Your better off without her.
pshh... you're tellin me... obviously i'm not with her now.... but it's really tough finding someone that appreciates the piece of art known as "The Evo"
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Your chick ain't worried about you.... she's pissed because she bragged to all her friends how you're gona buy her a G35 and BAM! you come home wit 'da pimp ride.
I've dated girls like that before - they never want to support your hobbies/interests and you ******* better not make any plans before checking her social schedule and you BETTER get that thing fixed and you BETTER check with her before you use the extra squares of paper to wipe your *** a second time.... yeah, I've been there.

if she's still seriously pissed - too bad for her. Keep the evo and let her leave... her story will be "he chose his car over me" when really it's "I chose to keep the car that I financed with my money, and she chose to leave me when I didn't do exactly what she told me"

I got lucky because my wife (traded up from the girl mentioned above) doesn't care how much I spend on my car - as long as I don't borrow from the mortgage payment to buy something like new suspension and she wants to get to drive the hell out of it once in a while.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:01 AM

One more thing that makes me a very lucky guy: My wife can't (and doesnt want to learn) to drive a manual transmission.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:04 AM
Evolving Member

Wife hates the car & always did. She thinks the wing looks absurd. I tried to convince her it was a picnic table for tailgate parties, etc. She wasn't fooled. So, she refuses to ride in it. I suppose it doesn't help that we are both in our mid 50's and are expected to act our age.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:26 AM
Evolving Member

....my 7-yr old daughter asked me if the wing was a bike rack....
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:35 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by engineerboy
Your chick ain't worried about you.... she's pissed because she bragged to all her friends how you're gona buy her a G35 and BAM! you come home wit 'da pimp ride.
I've dated girls like that before - they never want to support your hobbies/interests and you ******* better not make any plans before checking her social schedule and you BETTER get that thing fixed and you BETTER check with her before you use the extra squares of paper to wipe your *** a second time.... yeah, I've been there.

if she's still seriously pissed - too bad for her. Keep the evo and let her leave... her story will be "he chose his car over me" when really it's "I chose to keep the car that I financed with my money, and she chose to leave me when I didn't do exactly what she told me"

I got lucky because my wife (traded up from the girl mentioned above) doesn't care how much I spend on my car - as long as I don't borrow from the mortgage payment to buy something like new suspension and she wants to get to drive the hell out of it once in a while.

that was funny
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:52 AM
Evolved Member

dump her now. if you wait much longer, she'll be entitled to half that evo.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CincyEvo
Wife hates the car & always did. She thinks the wing looks absurd. I tried to convince her it was a picnic table for tailgate parties, etc. She wasn't fooled. So, she refuses to ride in it. I suppose it doesn't help that we are both in our mid 50's and are expected to act our age.
wow, much respect...i think i'll be driving a buick when i turn 50.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by CincyEvo
My wife also hates the car and refuses to ride in it. It helps even less for me since I am 61 and refuse to act my age. No problems though, we use her car when we go anywhere together and I use the EVO for everything else. Since I currently have 63,000 miles on it, I get to use it for everything else a lot.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Airborne
My wife also hates the car and refuses to ride in it. It helps even less for me since I am 61 and refuse to act my age. No problems though, we use her car when we go anywhere together and I use the EVO for everything else. Since I currently have 63,000 miles on it, I get to use it for everything else a lot.
Wow, 61 and driving an Evo. Man, how do you do it? Also, are you still on the stock clutch.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:09 AM
Evolved Member

Maybe we should create a "my significant other hates my EVO" support group?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolving Member

I was once part of that club...my wife hated the evo when I first got it..."why yellow?" "It's ugly, why didn't you get that subaru?" etc...etc... I let her drive it and she got lots of attention at work, everyone wants to race her...NOW, she likes it.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by zstryder
Hm, I guess I'm lucky that my girlfriend is into cars and loves the Evo... though her dream is still the M3.
same here man, but she wasnts an is300 w/ the m3, but she likes the evo and the sti
Old Dec 2, 2004, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by twinevo
Wow, 61 and driving an Evo. Man, how do you do it? Also, are you still on the stock clutch.
Yes, still on stock clutch. I have done launches but try not to abuse it most of the time. I had a 99 eclipse gsx before this and sold it with 140,000 miles on it and it still had the stock clutch. I believe that no matter what it is, if you abuse it enough, it will break. I started my habit of owning performance cars way back when I bought my brand new 1965 Pontiac GTO. By the way, I sold the GTO with over 100,000 miles on it and it also had the stock clutch still installed.

Quick Reply: G/F mad I bought my EVO