Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

G/F mad I bought my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
oh evo's

Mom hates it, makes her sick! hahaha I love it, she can't ever drive it now! Girlfriend hates it too, probably cuz I love it so much. Whatever haha
Old Dec 2, 2004, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
My girlfriend wouldn't buy an Evo but, she understands why I bought an Evo and respects that. I got the old " It's your money do what you want with it."She spent her money on an IS300 sportdesign. Then that got totalled by some jackass blowing a stop sign. So, she had to drive my car for a week or two. After that she completely understood why I bought it. She never really understood the difference in how much fun some cars were to drive versus others. So after driving it she wanted something that was fun to drive but, not as uncompromising as the Evo. So she got a Mini Cooper S and has the a little bit of Evo (fun to drive) and a little of the Lexus(more luxury than the Evo)
cool, I got an Evo and a Mini Cooper S too.. :-) Both car are fun to drive..
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by EVO MR
Well I have been driving my piece of crap Honda Civic hatch back for the past year while I was bulding my engine in my integra. My girlfriend hated riding in the car and wanted me to get something nicer.

Well, I have ALWAYS wanted an Evo ever since I have heard of them over seas. But I also really like the new 2door G35 (then put a turbo kit on it). So I had a long discussion with my G/F and I decieded I would buy a G35.

I work at a REALLY big car dealership so I was waiting for one to come in so I could get a good deal, well guess what rolled off the truck? A brand new EVO MR!!! the 3rd one on the east coast. After driving it I was hooked and went right to the bank and got a check. (by the way I got a really good deal, $1000 under MSRP and all the stupid fees waved. I paid $34,894 out the door)

So I drive home and run upstairs and find my G/F to give her the good news "Darci I bought a NEW CAR!!!!" So we run down to the garage and open the door to see my shinny red EVO. and she just turned around and went back up stairs. I asked her what was wrong and she said i'm gonna end up in jail again ( I used to be heavy in the street racing sceen, but not anymore) I assured her that this was going to be a track machine and I would not get into trouble. But she didnt want to hear it. she just wanted her ritzy pritzy luxury car.

Oh well, its not her money and I'm happy so she can get over it

anybody else have the same experience?
My wife got mad when I bought a Lexus last Christmas... But she was just being *****y at that time of the year anyways driving me crazy... So this time when I bought the Evo, I told her I was probably going to get it, then when I got it she did not act as *****y as before... Just don't goto jail again!!!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by DizzyTT
My wife loves the evo, learned to drive stick in it, and drives it more than I do (till she get's her mini s in february) and insisted I get the big wing, when I wanted the small wing. She only *****es at me when I buy stuff and have said that I am not going to. She loves all my mods. She also drives it at autox. She is the greatest wife in teh world! She even helps work on the car. Loves when I host install days for my car group. She loves star trek, sci-fi and is an awesome cook. Did I say she is the greatest?
Just rub it in for the rest of us who rolled the dice and didn't get as lucky!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by jcnel_evo8
blah, blah, blah ... with women, watch out for the 'image' bug.

P.S. Oh ... I always explain to a girl that asks "how much was it?" that my EVO is 20k like a 'Honda Civic' or an entry level Subie with AWD, and 10k in performance ... like BMW M3 performance.
Yea, that was the first and only question my wife asked me when I got my Evo:
"How much was THAT car...?"
I had to fudge that one because I knew she would not understand me buying a 25,000 car (and the fact that I'm financing it)... oh well... But when anybody in my family gets in my business about my fascination with cars, I just tell them its a healthy hobby (I have a pretty stressful life)...
Old Dec 3, 2004, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My GF likes it and so do all my Cousin's, they are all older than me. At first my Gf was a little annoyed that i talked about it so much but now i find her telling people what i drive, and bragging "yeah you should tell him to give you a ride, His car is fast" LOL . and well one of my Cousins has a 1.8L turbo Jetta(i think its 1.8L) and was like showing off his car and saying its fast. And my other cousins told him to check my out.so he did and all he said was"Man this thing is Built"
Old Dec 3, 2004, 09:55 AM

I don't care who likes are dislikes my car. The imposrtant part is that I like it....
Old Dec 3, 2004, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Rovman
I don't care who likes are dislikes my car. The imposrtant part is that I like it....
i couldn't have said it better myself! kudos bro!
Old Dec 3, 2004, 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I work for Nissan North America. I had a 350Z with about 10K in mods. I dropped it for the Evo. I heard about it from my coworkers, my family, my GF, from everyone I know.

"But the Z looks so much better!!!"

"But that's a boxy car with a big ugly wing."

"Why would you get rid of a Z for THAT?!!?!?"

I heard about it constantly and I know I have a few friends that still scoff at my decision. But you know what? They all get outrun.

It's not about anybody but you when it comes down you your money, your ***, your hands, and your senses. Fck em all.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 02:36 PM
Evolving Member

my dad actually likes it but knows the flaws, he keeps making me want one even more because my grandfather had an Evo 2 and a galant vr4.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 02:41 PM
Evolving Member

My mom hates it when I buy parts for my car. She's one of those people that believes that girls should NOT like cars or working on cars. So, I am forced to rely on my dad, who used to be into cars and supports me in whatever I do. It shoudln't matter what other people think of you, your interestes, or how you spend your money. Sometimes my mom pisses me off, but you just have to ignore it. I enjoy modding my car and driving afterward, so I don't care what anyone else thinks, I have to drive it everyday.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 04:05 PM
Former Sponsor

just give it time shell get over it or at least she should unless shes one to hold a grudge it sounds like she went and told her friends and stuff she was getting a G35 and now uve got the EVO but do what makes you happy