Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

G/F mad I bought my EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G/F mad I bought my EVO

Well I have been driving my piece of crap Honda Civic hatch back for the past year while I was bulding my engine in my integra. My girlfriend hated riding in the car and wanted me to get something nicer.

Well, I have ALWAYS wanted an Evo ever since I have heard of them over seas. But I also really like the new 2door G35 (then put a turbo kit on it). So I had a long discussion with my G/F and I decieded I would buy a G35.

I work at a REALLY big car dealership so I was waiting for one to come in so I could get a good deal, well guess what rolled off the truck? A brand new EVO MR!!! the 3rd one on the east coast. After driving it I was hooked and went right to the bank and got a check. (by the way I got a really good deal, $1000 under MSRP and all the stupid fees waved. I paid $34,894 out the door)

So I drive home and run upstairs and find my G/F to give her the good news "Darci I bought a NEW CAR!!!!" So we run down to the garage and open the door to see my shinny red EVO. and she just turned around and went back up stairs. I asked her what was wrong and she said i'm gonna end up in jail again ( I used to be heavy in the street racing sceen, but not anymore) I assured her that this was going to be a track machine and I would not get into trouble. But she didnt want to hear it. she just wanted her ritzy pritzy luxury car.

Oh well, its not her money and I'm happy so she can get over it

anybody else have the same experience?
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:41 PM
Evolving Member

I haven't had the same experience, due to the fact that I am a girl, but I think she's probably just worried about you. You shouldn't really care what her opinion is because you're the one that has to drive it everyday and if it makes you happy, go for it. Give her some time and don't do too much street racing and she'll get over it. Girsl do tend to like the luxury cars, but you should get the car that you want. Don't worry about it.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

DUMP HER!!!!!

j/k

My wife is really happy with our evo.

--Josh
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:45 PM
Evolved Member

my girl used to hate my car...she still does when i spend money on it...granted i didnt buy the evo..even though i could have at that point...but i tell her how it is...its not her money...she doesnt work for it...shes not the one paying for my mods...so she gets quiet..and i dont get any for a day or two
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

pretty close here. mine got mad when i got my evo,because she has a lancer oz rally!!! she always says i copied her. when she says that i reply with "no honey I have an EVO you have a oz rally. you have 120HP, i have 271hp (when it was stock) how did i copy you??"
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well not the same thing but i had a jetta and my girl went and bought a brand new eclipse and everyone was all excited and all they talked about was her new car and how nice it was and fast etc... well 5 days later i went and got my evo... and peoples topic of discussion went straight to the evo and never looked back and she was pretty sad about that but o well the car is well worth it ! heheh

evoisdream
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:54 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

She should feel happy for you and support and your decision. If you're sure she is unhappy because of your street racing hobby, ok. But if she is unhappy because she wants you to get a car she like would be selfish. My gf just laugh because I upgraded from a 03 to an 05 evo

Congrats on your new car. It's my favorite car i've ever owned.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

sorry to hear
go trade the mr in for the g35 and make the girlfriend happy
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

It only gets worse from here on out...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:24 PM
C4D

My girl loves the EVO
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

i would stick with what I did and not turn into a wuss, she will just have to adjust...tough...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

GIRL > Car

You already know why (the couch is no fun!)
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:35 PM

Welcome to the evo community and happy modding...
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

I was living with my GF when I bought my Evo, well to say the least the Evo I still have. After I bought the car I spent most of my time in the garage to make sure the car was in tip top shape, she got pissed and moved out. I haven't spoken to her in about a year.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 05:38 PM
Evolving Member

give her everything she wants, and you will lose her faster than your EVO gets to 60

Quick Reply: G/F mad I bought my EVO