Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

When do you guys think the best month to get a really good deal on an EVO

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question When do you guys think the best month to get a really good deal on an EVO

Im interested in the 05's and I know they are not out yet or very few are out so now is not a great time to get a deal (I think). Im curious to know when is the best time of the year to catch the wave.

THANKS
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
this month Dec or Jan.
everyone is buying christmas presents this month and next month everyone is trying to pay off their credit cards. Or you can wait till next year around Oct when the 06's poor in.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:36 PM

I bought a 05 RS yesterday 28.5 TT&L the last day of the month is your friend.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

I agree wait till the very end of december when no one is buyin anything thats when I got mine they took $10,000 off their (really high) asking price I ended up getting the car under MSRP or yea as said wait till the 06 hits the floor
Old Dec 1, 2004, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Any month just so long as its the very last day, last day of month on oct scored me an MR for msrp (35k) out the door.

But the best is last day of december is what I hear.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 07:47 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sk8bored
I bought a 05 RS yesterday 28.5 TT&L the last day of the month is your friend.
Was That 28.5K out the Door?
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:13 PM

All so a good time is at the end of the model year
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:25 PM

yes, 28.5 OTD.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

yeah but not for a new model. i got my 05 w/ ssl for 34.2K-MSRP. In hawaii, the same car retails for about 39k but i got mine from cali and had it shipped. if you shop around, you'll get agood deal cause there is always some dealer who over-preordered and has lots of stock on hand.The reason that end of the month is good is cause dealers finance cars too. in hawaii, you can always tell the age of the car by looking at the safety sticker on the rear bumper. 1=jan, 12=dec etc. anyway, most dealers will want to get rid of a car that has been sitting on the lot for months. if you can find out this info, then you will have an advantage but the main thing is NEGOTIATE, and shop around.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by sk8bored
yes, 28.5 OTD.
Good Job.. I'll keep the end of December in mind.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 08:56 PM

Don't get me wrong about getting it at the end of the month and all, but you get ripped off on the price. I would say wait awhile, get it next year, and save a couple grand. If not I under stand if you can't wait.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrbkkt1
yeah but not for a new model. i got my 05 w/ ssl for 34.2K-MSRP. In hawaii, the same car retails for about 39k but i got mine from cali and had it shipped. if you shop around, you'll get agood deal cause there is always some dealer who over-preordered and has lots of stock on hand.The reason that end of the month is good is cause dealers finance cars too. in hawaii, you can always tell the age of the car by looking at the safety sticker on the rear bumper. 1=jan, 12=dec etc. anyway, most dealers will want to get rid of a car that has been sitting on the lot for months. if you can find out this info, then you will have an advantage but the main thing is NEGOTIATE, and shop around.

Did you get your keys yet???

If not let me know

Oh yea the last day of the month is the best day. That's when I give the best deal to try and make my bonus. Also take in consideration, if your looking for a certain color some one else may too.
Old Dec 1, 2004, 09:15 PM
Evolving Member

so the last day of the month is when every1 is in a rush to sell for the bonuses?
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

$28.5 K OTD for an RS is good. I got my 04 GSR for $29.5 K OTD includ. gap insurance.
I bought it just before the 05 models arrived. Basically I got it for about $1100 under invoice through a special "vendor deal". Not sure if that was for Michigan only, but if you worked for the Big 3, you get the special price. No SSL package. Don't want leather, but would have liked the moonroof.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Clue?sion
Did you get your keys yet???

If not let me know

Oh yea the last day of the month is the best day. That's when I give the best deal to try and make my bonus. Also take in consideration, if your looking for a certain color some one else may too.
yeah, came in on tuesday. much beter to have keyless instead of using my key everytime i open the door.