Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mitsubishi not standing behind their EVO's..........hmmmm funny..........

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
If you need your *** to feel better just contact jason@ntec. He likes asses.
????
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EVOTEXAS
Hey man, I feel you. Personally, 2004 has been a great year for me but I can imagine. Just kidding. If you need your *** to feel better just contact jason@ntec. He likes asses.
this coming from a guy who just got a turbotrix tatoo!! cody is soooo wrong, but his girlfriend does wear a strap on and likes to pound him in the a$$!!!

hey brian i do have the phone number to the district sales manger for our area, he's acctually a really nice guy i had a chance to meet him at fazeli mitsu when i picked up my MR. if you would like it send me a PM
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SirAragorn
dude that sucks about your car. But I can't say that I've had any problems with my dealer. they have been very cooperative with me on warranty work. Just FYI, my friend has an 01 WRX and anytime that he tries to take his car into the subaru dealer for warranty work, they almost immediatly start blaming him. also my sister has an X5 that has had numerous problems that the BMW dealer has been very hesitant to fix. trust me, its more about the dealer than the company.
You are right, some dealers are just bunch of ********, i gotta a lexus and the service is top notch.
Blaming Mitsubishi is not the way to go, every dealer is different, and that goes for any make of a car.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jason@NTEC
cody is soooo wrong, but his girlfriend does wear a strap on and likes to pound him in the a$$!!!
But little does anyone know, my girlfriend is jason@ntec. Why DO you have to wear a strap on? Too small? I never realized.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

does anyone here know of any good dealers in new jersey? somerset or bergen counties would be ideal.

my evo has been great, no complaints whatsoever about it. the only thing that is driving me crazy is that the service dept at global automall on route 22 west in north plainfield is retarded. i have slight blemishes in the paint (little freckles) that are barely noticable unless you're like me and clean every square inch of the car- i think its a problem with the clearcoat and the paint is supposed to be covered under warranty. ive brought it up to them several times, and only one person has been of any help. regardless, im still waiting for the damn mitsu rep.

also, i am covered for 45,000/45months of free scheduled maintenance every 5k miles. i volunarily paid for a full service oil change at 3k miles and wanted to bring it in at 5k for my free scheduled maintenance, and they are telling me that since my last one was at 3k i cant get my free service till 7500 miles- EVEN THOUGH I PAID FOR THE 3K MILE OIL CHANGE!!

Sorry to rant and rave.. its a $35k car and i hope you guys know how i feel. i absolutely love it and i wouldnt trade it for the world, but i wish i had QUALITY post-purchase service for buying such an expensive little machine so i wouldn't have to freak out over such stupid little details.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

im not cody's girlfriend, im happily married, hes just a super closet homo!!
Old Dec 2, 2004, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

I love Lewisville Mitsubishi, that's where I picked up my RS. I've never had a problem with them. They even paid off my 2001 GTI with 14,000 owing on the lease. That car was pretty jacked up too. Talk to Amanda in sales, she may be able to pull some strings for you. Tell her Eddie sent you.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 02:31 PM

Prob. same for me. NO more mitsu's. 97 Gst 25k and nothing but tranny prob.
03 evo 8 and clutch prob. w/ 18k. Do not dump, just get on it when in gear.
Mitsu. wants 1800.00 for clutch change. This is in Sac Town, CA.
It sucks because I love the car and the company, but when it comes to warranty, they are one of the worst. I spent 35k when done on the Evo. They should be doing whatever I ask.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 04:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03bluevo8
It sucks because I love the car and the company, but when it comes to warranty, they are one of the worst. I spent 35k when done on the Evo. They should be doing whatever I ask.
indeed.
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

It is kind of irritating to me that the Honda dealer has made several warranty repairs to my wifes $14,000 Civic that has many mods with out any problem, and then I see so many posts here about Mitsubishi voiding warranties for stupid reasons like "well, you used an unapproved wax to wax your car that made it go faster thereby putting additional stress on your drivetrain, causing your rearview mirror to fall off which we are not going to cover under warranty". Damn..............
Old Dec 2, 2004, 09:49 PM
Evolving Member

My dealer has been great to me. All I have to do is mention something and they start ordering parts to replace whatever bugs me. They actually treat me like I bought a $30K car, and I got mine used from a private seller. On top of that, their service manager is great. When I had my car in the shop, he didn't want me to have to wait at the dealer, so he rented me a car. When the lady came with the car and needed a deposit, and I hadn't brought any money with me, the service rep paid for it out of his own pocket. I couldn't be happier with mine.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 06:21 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03bluevo8
Prob. same for me. NO more mitsu's. 97 Gst 25k and nothing but tranny prob.
03 evo 8 and clutch prob. w/ 18k. Do not dump, just get on it when in gear.
Mitsu. wants 1800.00 for clutch change. This is in Sac Town, CA.
I totally agree! I'm 23 and they treat me like I'm 16. What's up with that?
Old Dec 3, 2004, 07:58 AM

This topic has been beaten to death but it's really VERY simple. Personally when I bought the car I KNEW that making modifications to the car meant NO WARRANTY. I made the choice to NOT modify the car so my warranty would be fine. You made the choice to modify the car so your warranty is questionable. If you know going in, that ANY modification makes your warranty questionable and you still modify the car then you've assumed the risk.

How is this suddenly a global problem with all Mitsu cars or all Mitsu dealers? Check any warranty on just about ANY car and you'll find a clause about modifications and how they adversely affect your warranty.

I'm amazed that people think they can alter something on a car and expect the manufacturer/dealer to stand behind that car from a warranty standpoint. If the car came with an MBC then the dealer should stand behind that MBC and how it may affect the rest of the car. If you add the MBC then don't be surprised when they don't.

It's so simple. If you want the warranty DON'T modify your car. If you still want to modify your car then do it knowing your warranty may or may not still be in effect and don't get PO'd when it's not.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 07:59 AM

AND is it any HUGE surprise that there are all sorts of transmission problems on cars with added power modifications? Big surprise that a transmission designed for one level of horsepower fails when that horsepower is increased.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 08:45 AM

Mitsubishi is having big financial problems in Japan and the US, they are looking to their sister companies mitsubishi heavy industries and mitsubishi corp for a bailout. Mitsubishi faces a $10 billion dollor debt, their plan calls for a slashing costs to the company, to me this means once you do any thing to your EVO after the sale is complete, may be fair game for then to give you the runaround even though the evo is a big hit for then.